Hermes Kelly reveal!

At one time I had a Kelly with a VERY strong perfume odor. It took time for the odor to dissipate, but it finally did.
  • I used fridge boxes of baking soda along with a tall glass the tall glass allowed for the air to circulate. When the bag was closed it had the baking soda box inside.
  • If you have access to a CPAP machine, stick a cleaned mask in the purse and turn the machine on. That will force the air to circulate continually.

Reactions: Classy Collector
Firstly, thank you for doing the reveal of your lovely bag in your opening post and not playing stupid peek-a-boo games or making everyone wait hours whilst you find time to get on with it.

Can you find a flat tray for the baking soda so that there is a greater surface area exposed?
If you are able to do so, opened up and outside in fresh air is good too.
That’s a great idea for baking soda, thanks!

At one time I had a Kelly with a VERY strong perfume odor. It took time for the odor to dissipate, but it finally did.
  • I used fridge boxes of baking soda along with a tall glass the tall glass allowed for the air to circulate. When the bag was closed it had the baking soda box inside.
  • If you have access to a CPAP machine, stick a cleaned mask in the purse and turn the machine on. That will force the air to circulate continually.
Thanks for sharing, great to know

There’s a slight odor (perfume? Maybe even cigarette?) so I’ve put some baking soda inside an open plastic bag inside the Kelly. If anyone had this situation before would love to hear what you did successfully.

I have a vintage chanel that came with an odor. It was the typical musty vintage smell. I put in those silicone packages - the ones that come with shoes, etc. Except that I had some extra large ones from furniture or something and that took care of the odor. I keep one in the bag while not using just for good measure and cannot detect the smell anymore. Good luck.

Reactions: Classy Collector
Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all keeping well during this crazy time. You may remember that awhile back I was contemplating getting an Orange H Birkin or Kelly. Well, since then I’ve gotten a completely different color lol. Here it is revealed...

View attachment 5065126

Here is my new (to me) Kelly 28, Retourné, Clemence leather, trench color with palladium hardware.

Very different from orange h lol. Trench color is so hard to photograph. It looks different in-person!

There’s a slight odor (perfume? Maybe even cigarette?) so I’ve put some baking soda inside an open plastic bag inside the Kelly. If anyone had this situation before would love to hear what you did successfully.

:heart:

View attachment 5065128
Beautiful!!

I put wool dryer balls, available at the grocery or on Amazon, inside the bag, then put it in the dryer on a rack so the bag doesn’t tumble around. You could also place the bag, filled with wool dryer balls, inside a pillow case for protection, out in the sun. The circulating warm air dissipates odor and the dryer balls absorb odor. Be careful not to spill aforementioned baking soda in your bag. It can ruin your bag! I can take photos to show you the damage from my experience trying this out.

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all keeping well during this crazy time. You may remember that awhile back I was contemplating getting an Orange H Birkin or Kelly. Well, since then I’ve gotten a completely different color lol. Here it is revealed...

View attachment 5065126

Here is my new (to me) Kelly 28, Retourné, Clemence leather, trench color with palladium hardware.

Very different from orange h lol. Trench color is so hard to photograph. It looks different in-person!

:heart:

View attachment 5065128
Such a beautiful color! Do you find this trench color is hard to maintain? Does it get stain easily ?

So far it’s very easy to maintain. I’ve worn it with jeans and there’s no color transfer.
Hihi!May I ask how long have you been using your TRENCH hermes? Do you find the color became dull as the bag aged? I am torn in between trench, etoupe and etain for lindy 26. I love trench hermes but worried of the dirt and color stains..hard to maintain..care share more pictures ?