Hermes Kelly ok for me?

I think I would be able to fit everything in it as I don't carry much - does the softer leather have more give to it though I think it's more a structured bag regardless. I wouldn't get any smaller than the 32 though. Are these the 32 you think?

hermes.jpg

hermes2.jpg

If you are only 5 feet and don't carry much that will be a super abg with plenty of roomy space inside. I feel with a Kelly it is nice to stay organized and then you really have space. That size will look really sweet on you. Since you seem to be a bit more casual it will also be a nice twist....larger Kelly...smaller lady....will give a bit of an illusion of a classy hand tote instead of a tiny handbag like my 28cm.
I am excited for you!

OK girls here's the pictures. My friend said Hermes told her it was from the 1960s so there's no datecode. There's some minor wear on the edges which I'm kind of iffy about since I'm anal about bags lol. She is going to bring it to get it cleaned. What do you all think?

I think it looks like the stiffer leather but I'm going to confirm with her.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

Twinklette - I think the size of the Kelly 32 cm should be ok for you. I'm 4'11" (tiny) and I just bought a fuschia Kelly 32. I'm totally loving the size and looks great also with casual clothing. I wear a lot of jeans.

OK girls here's the pictures. My friend said Hermes told her it was from the 1960s so there's no datecode. There's some minor wear on the edges which I'm kind of iffy about since I'm anal about bags lol. She is going to bring it to get it cleaned. What do you all think?

View attachment 6584

View attachment 6580

View attachment 6581

View attachment 6582

View attachment 6583

Twinket, how do you like the purse? Did you end up buying it?

Hi Twinklette - welcome to the H side. I got a 1959 Kelly 28 a few months back, rigid as the one you've pictured. I would love to use it everyday, but she's a bit on the delicate side and find dealing with the straps/flap a bit of a pain when I just need to get in and out to pay for groceries! That said, I love the look and wear her with everything from dressy outfits to very casual.

Re: authentication - there should be a date code but it may be very hard to see after this many years. The zipper pull on the inside doesn't look like original H to my untrained eye but many it's been replaced?

Re: strap, H will make a strap but it may be hard to match the leather exactly. I know some may think this is sacrilege, but I just got a black leather strap from eBay for $12!

There are tons of modelling pics on the Kelly clubhouse thread and the size reference thread to help you! Best wishes!

Dear Twinklette,
I would ask experts at the AT thread first.: http://forum.purseblog.com/authenti...-bag-please-read-rules-use-format-654198.html

Be sure to include as much info and pics as possible, as indicated at the first page. :smile:

Besides that, I think retourne Kelly would be gorgeous with business casual outfit!

Old thread but great advice from Mezzo and bears repeating, the authentication service is here and the ladies do a great job, post all potential purchases for them to check out first.