hermes jaune de naples vs lime

Hi. i am actually researching about yellows. I have that same question as you. :smile: I was looking at Jaune de naples and admiring this yellow. I hope you don't mind me joining in this conversations instead of starting a new thread. Could anyone please answer this question also: which yellow color that is currently available that most resembles soleil? Thank you in advance.

hi ladies,

can you please share your opinion -which colour do u think is easier to match with more colors.... lime or jaune de naples?

thx
I ran through this exact scenario in store a few weeks ago. What matches depends on what will work with your wardrobe. For me, cool colors work best. Naples is closer to primary yellow than Lime. I've passed on Naples and will wait for lime.

Reactions: Steph1377
I love and have both! JdN is warmer and lime is cooler so I think it will depend on which type is more your shade (wardrobe, skin tone, etc.)

Here are some side by side comparisons of what I have next to me now in some different leathers. The B is in JdN; the horse coin purse / half of the bracelet is lime.

4B5A9C96-0204-4D3E-AEA0-49DD9C7850EE.jpegCC34848E-4519-4AFB-9BB9-8B510D01CD9A.jpeg
Different lighting angle.
7D67B562-F894-4502-8E9B-BE537AD5BD6A.jpeg
And one more - GHW on lime for the Kelly compact wallet.
1BEB14BA-FAA6-4737-9AB3-A7A6DE4CC0AA.jpeg

HTH! As a huge yellow lover I have foin, lime, JdN, amber...and enjoy all of them (and I know there are still other yellow shades too!) :smile:

Last edited:
I was offered a Jaune de Naples B25 Novillo GHW and it's a stunning, neutral yellow that will work well all year round. Only reason I didn't get it is because I'm in love with Jaune Ambre and prefer the richness of that shade.

That said, my JdN offer wasn't too long ago so I know it's still in production / in circulation :smile: I love lime too but think the depth and warmth of Naples makes it slightly easier to match!

I love and have both! JdN is warmer and lime is cooler so I think it will depend on which type is more your shade (wardrobe, skin tone, etc.)

Here are some side by side comparisons of what I have next to me now in some different leathers. The B is in JdN; the horse coin purse / half of the bracelet is lime.

View attachment 4836417View attachment 4836418
View attachment 4836419
View attachment 4836422

HTH! As a huge yellow lover I have foin, lime, JdN, amber...and enjoy all of them (and I know there are still other yellow shades too!) :smile:
Your B is so lovely.
Do you have anything in soleil?

View attachment 4836417View attachment 4836418
View attachment 4836419
View attachment 4836422

Your Jaune de Naples birkin is beautiful. Could you please share a picture of Jaune de Naples next to your Jaune de Amber. Thank you so much