Hermes Istanbul

ueynah

H Fanatic
O.G.
Feb 26, 2009
Hi

I could not locate Hermes Istanbul using Google Maps (even though i do have the address from H website... (plus I couldn't really type in some of the Turkish alphabets).

Can anyone advise which of the three main areas will Hermes be in? opening hours? any recommended SAs?

TIA!

I was at Ataturk Airport this time last year. I walked past a Kelly at the H store and still think about it! If only I wasn't too busy trying to get my kids onto the plane.......:biggrin:

yes.. i know there is one at the airport... but there should be another one in the city center somewhere...

the address of Hermes website does NOT allow cut and paste and I haven't been able to find anything through Google...

guess will have to wait till then to talk to concierge... seems like no one has been there before

hanyeu

the istanbul store at airport is really small. nahciat can beam u a pic if u want. she shown me yest.... really small and just like 3 shawls on display, two CE and one convertures. opened 3 mths ago i think.

And the city store opened a year ago.
u can find the address on Hermes.com
and i call the number listed, they always tell me wrong number.
nachiat was working there for a 1wk+ two wks ago, said they don't know english, so always tell u wrong number or they don't know. u need a local to help u with this.

prices in Istanbul is same as europe. but no tax refund, and they tell u how much in eur but u hv to pay in their ccy.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hermes Istanbul.jpg
    Hermes Istanbul.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 5,332
just want to update everyone on Hermes Istanbul.

According to the SA, this is the first Hermes in Turkey (other than Duty Free) and is recently opened for 9 months. The prices, according to her, are about 3-5% higher compared to Europe. But of course, upon review, I respectfully, DISAGREES!

The location is at the end/beginning of the Nishantasi area which is equivalent to the Madison Avenue. It is on the ground floor of a residential building which is quite unusual. Chanel is a few doors down (currently under renovation) and the closest hotel is Park Hyatt (which houses Emporio Armani and Gucci on its ground/basement floor).

VAT in Turkey is 8%, so you will get that back at the airport.

Typical price for 90cm carre is 645TL (~1.5:1USD, ~1.9:1Euro), and GM shawl is 1,750TL. And of course, I saw this beauty in the store, an amethyst croc (gator?) Medor clutch! STUNNING!

According to my calculation, this means the pricing with VAT off is equivalent to USD pricing with sales tax. Not expensive but not Europe cheap either!

the Kelly and birkin shown in the display case are samples only. i have been advised that the waitlist is 6 months. But of course, who knows what they will say if you buy the Medor clutch and drop a few thousands on RTW... you know the story...

Attachments

• P1020731.jpg
    P1020731.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 5,204
  • P1020734.jpg
    P1020734.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 5,459
  • P1020733.jpg
    P1020733.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 6,059