Hermes Replacement Bag Straps

Agreed, I prefer the pre-2000 lines of a Kelly without double rings. It's personal preference :smile:

Probably some/all of the straps can be shortened as with any H strap. i actually like the clean lines of a non-adjustable strap (and the buckle on the Evelyne strap is uncomfortable for me) but that requires committing to wearing the strap at a certain length. The good thing is - if a strap is, say, $75, you can buy a few lengths. if it's $1700....not so much :P

"A Kelly should be made funky by its owner" - love this! For me, the Fendi straps or Minkoff straps or new H straps, none of them are my style, so I prefer to design my own.
At the moment, I don't have a Kelly that I would use an alternate strap with, but I'm picking up a noir SO this month, so I'm working on a design idea for that. I'll update if I have any success :biggrin:

Are you serious, $1700?! I am still kicking myself for not ordering a leather strap for a Kelly I have sans strap, it was $700 and now is $1000.

I would never pay $1700 for a strap. Frankly, I have canvas-H straps for my Kellys and stopped using them because I find them too long, but don't want them to be permanently shortened. I am with you though re the adjustable buckle digging into the shoulder, but that's a design flaw I think. It could be more like the jyspisere's and therefore softer.

I am with you though, I would rather have my own design for my strap. Maybe I will go order one- adjustable and unique for my vintage bags. If I do, I will post it.

I can't wait to see your SO!!!!!!!

As creative & pretty it looks, I am not sure I will love them after a while. I prefer the handle as it is. But I do look forward to see them & its kinda refreshing to see hermes introduce an alternative/options for us to consider.

Are you serious, $1700?! I am still kicking myself for not ordering a leather strap for a Kelly I have sans strap, it was $700 and now is $1000.

I would never pay $1700 for a strap. Frankly, I have canvas-H straps for my Kellys and stopped using them because I find them too long, but don't want them to be permanently shortened. I am with you though re the adjustable buckle digging into the shoulder, but that's a design flaw I think. It could be more like the jyspisere's and therefore softer.

I am with you though, I would rather have my own design for my strap. Maybe I will go order one- adjustable and unique for my vintage bags. If I do, I will post it.

I can't wait to see your SO!!!!!!!
I don't know if the straps are $1700, it's a total guess :P I'm assuming they price them above Fendi :lol: just because, and even a plain strap is $1000.

I'm excited for my SO - since it's noir/ Rouge H I'm thinking about a black and red strap.

I don't know if the straps are $1700, it's a total guess :P I'm assuming they price them above Fendi :lol: just because, and even a plain strap is $1000.

I'm excited for my SO - since it's noir/ Rouge H I'm thinking about a black and red strap.

Omg- how pretty is that going to be!!!!! Can't wait to see it! Re price, you are right, H will price it way above anything else out there.

wouldn't it be nicer, if these new proposed Kelly's with the patterned handle - would have a strap that matches the print/pattern instead of having a plain shoulder strap? It would be more consistent and playful. I'd wear that - maybe I should send my resume to H and become a Handbag designer :biggrin::biggrin::nuts:

Reactions: periogirl28
the straps look very fendi to me.

Anyway, H has been very slow to adapt to the market and it lacks original creativity. First the shark bolide - I immediately related to Fendi when I first saw the shark bolide on runway...now the straps....also very fendi to me. And both came out after Fendi had made a big success in the monster peekaboo and the straps.

We (or I) like H because of its quality and the fact that it is not following fashion trends...it stands against time. However, the current direction that H is going or leaning towards make it more like a fashion house indeed.

Finally,.....i do not like H straps (except that for evelyne) because the length is not adjustable! it is rather inconvenient. Do you girls agree?

So I will not pay the high price for this strap.....
I like some of the straps, however I too feel that they are chasing a trend. Since personalising bags and accessories is so popular now (Fendi Strap You, Gucci DYI) I think Hermès should make SOs more readily available. Imagine being able to create your own bag, without a big purchase history, at your own will. That would still be in line with the personalisation trend but it would still feel Hermès. This just feels like they're trying to take part of Fendi's big success with their straps.

However, I still like the straps and I can't to see how the forum members will jazz up their bags with these new straps.
I know I'm repeating a bit here since I'm just seeing this thread, but the first thing I thought when I heard H was coming out with these straps was that they were a little late to the game. The second thing I thought was, how un-Hermes. Seems a bit too trendy to be something H would do. Plus, considering how trendy it is, I'd much rather pay $500, or less depending on the brand, for a pretty strap that I'll probably only use for a few seasons. Or heck, be able to purchase 2 or 3 (or more?!) in varying colors and designs to go with the variety of bags I have for the same amount I'd spend on one H strap. I love the idea of the straps, but I just bought a beautifully detailed entirely beaded strap from Ferragamo for much less than what the H straps are likely to go for. I guess if I solely carried H bags, then I might want an H strap to go with them. And of course I'm sure they'll be good quality. But who needs that kind of quality when it's going to sit in a box for years after the trend is over?

I think the Hermes straps are so gorgeous and I love this trend - but as everyone says, not sure how long the trend will last. I purchased a few Fendi "strap you" straps but I decided to get the unembellished straps instead. One strap is navy/yellow and the other is red/pale blue. They were $500 USD. I love cross body and shoulder straps and I don't think that trend will go away anytime soon- at lease not for me since I love being hands free. By purchasing very simple straps with a pop of colour I feel I will wear it beyond any trend as a pop of colour has always been part of my personality anyways. I also decided to stay away from overly embellished straps as I also know I would personally get tired of looking at it, lol! I do think Hermes' personalized handles and straps are really beautiful though!!! I hope to see some reveals in the coming months !!

I know I'm repeating a bit here since I'm just seeing this thread, but the first thing I thought when I heard H was coming out with these straps was that they were a little late to the game. The second thing I thought was, how un-Hermes. Seems a bit too trendy to be something H would do. Plus, considering how trendy it is, I'd much rather pay $500, or less depending on the brand, for a pretty strap that I'll probably only use for a few seasons. Or heck, be able to purchase 2 or 3 (or more?!) in varying colors and designs to go with the variety of bags I have for the same amount I'd spend on one H strap. I love the idea of the straps, but I just bought a beautifully detailed entirely beaded strap from Ferragamo for much less than what the H straps are likely to go for. I guess if I solely carried H bags, then I might want an H strap to go with them. And of course I'm sure they'll be good quality. But who needs that kind of quality when it's going to sit in a box for years after the trend is over?
Hmmmm.... That's one perspective.
I'm coming from a different mind set.... NOT a trendy one. The strap on my Kelly frequently falls off my shoulder and is very thin/narrow. I'd really love a new thicker strap but don't want non-H replacement. If I find one I love, I don't see the strap being worn for a "trend cycle" and then no more to be seen. I sincerely want a H strap but we all know how hard that is to come by so I deal with the slide on my Kelly. I'm pretty sure there are more like me too. I am soooo not into the trends.... I just want something longer for cross body and thicker so it won't slide so much.... and is HERMES =)

Hmmmm.... That's one perspective.
I'm coming from a different mind set.... NOT a trendy one. The strap on my Kelly frequently falls off my shoulder and is very thin/narrow. I'd really love a new thicker strap but don't want non-H replacement. If I find one I love, I don't see the strap being worn for a "trend cycle" and then no more to be seen. I sincerely want a H strap but we all know how hard that is to come by so I deal with the slide on my Kelly. I'm pretty sure there are more like me too. I am soooo not into the trends.... I just want something longer for cross body and thicker so it won't slide so much.... and is HERMES =)
Yes - I can totally see this. But do you think you'll go for one with embellishment, or something more plain?

Yes - I can totally see this. But do you think you'll go for one with embellishment, or something more plain?
I would be open to either as long as they are versatile with my wardrobe. Like I said before, I'm not seeing anything so far that I would go for but it's only the beginning... and H has a way of pulling me n somehow...

Reactions: klynneann