Hermes Introducing Unique Replacement Bag Straps!!

1. This may be 'old news'; my SM told me that Hermes is introducing Purse Straps!! Apparently, the straps will be 'unique' and be available in 3 lengths (shoulder strap, medium length, and cross body). I didn't see pictures, however, was told that they would be a different design than any of the straps that are on current bags. Has anyone seen one IRL or a photo? How much do you think they will cost?? I have paid between 800. -- 2K for Hermes straps. I'm imagining that the straps will be multicolored?! How much would you pay for a 'unique' strap to jazz up your Kelly or Bolide?

2. I have seen some striped, multicolor canvas straps on a couple of Evelyne bags that were on display in my store (SF) recently. I inquired about it but the SA did not know much about the new straps or their price. They did look really good though and I am tempted to get one for my Evelyne.

3. The shoulder straps are for Fall/Winter 2017 so no one has seen the actual product outside of the SM/SA who went for the PO. I suspect we will start seeing more pics when H has their press events. It has been mentioned here and here. :smile:

From what little I know, it'll come in 3 different versions - canvas, leather, and leather with embellishment. I was told the leather version has a tab? where one can have initials monogrammed to it. The leather with embellishment is made of box leather with studs/grommets and is a little on the heavy side.

4. Pre-fall runway showed almost all bags with contrast straps - mostly canvas straps, solid or striped, very much like the Amazone straps on Evies. The exceptions were the print-handle Kellys.

I really hope there aren't a bunch of Fendi strap clones. That seems like pandering to a trend. Doing Rocabar stripe or similar seems more H IMO.

5. they are beautiful

FullSizeRender (3).jpg
  6. Love that piano strap

klynneann likes this.
  7. IMG_1488471917.606980.jpg IMG_1488471927.455280.jpg IMG_1488471936.455031.jpg IMG_1488471947.623503.jpg

press preview for 2017/2018aw

8. I want a crossbody strap! You think it's something that needs to be ordered or they might have in stock?

9. I am so going to Etsy and designing my own straps :P

10. prepster and pinklining like this.
  11. How do you do That???

VigeeLeBrun and BBC like this.
  12. You can get pretty much anything made by Etsy artisans.
    As much as it's nice to have hardware perfectly match, etc., I'm not loving these straps....that's just for me :biggrin:

13. Is there an option to get plain straps?

14. you are not the only one who isnt in love with these H straps, they are too Fendi - like or trying hard to be StrapYou

15. I am not overwhelmed by them either and you know they won't be cheap.