Hermes in Toronto

The SA's are employed to sell. They are always taking on new clients. That's how they earn their commissions and justify their worth as SA's to their store manager/director.
If I ever had a SA tell me she isn't taking on any more clients, I would report her to the manager.
Go into the boutique and wait for a SA to help you. Shoppers (those who purchase) are always a welcomed use of their time. If you want to shop, you definitely deserve the time of a SA.
If you only want to browse? That's fine too, but SA's may not have the time to devote to you, depending on how busy the store is.

The SA's are employed to sell. They are always taking on new clients. That's how they earn their commissions and justify their worth as SA's to their store manager/director.
If I ever had a SA tell me she isn't taking on any more clients, I would report her to the manager.
Go into the boutique and wait for a SA to help you. Shoppers (those who purchase) are always a welcomed use of their time. If you want to shop, you definitely deserve the time of a SA.
If you only want to browse? That's fine too, but SA's may not have the time to devote to you, depending on how busy the store is.

Im not sure I agree with you (respectfully, that is, of course).

I think we are in a whole different world now and there are too many shoppers and not enough SA for everyone who walks through the door to be matched with a dedicated SA for a going forward relationship.

I agree with you that SA’s function on commission and are there to sell. However, I suspect much of their time is wasted to browsers and high needs / low purchase clients.

Therefore, I suspect this is the way of the future. You shop with who you get on walk in unless and until you are deemed eligible to have a SA. At least in Toronto anyway.

Im not sure I agree with you (respectfully, that is, of course).

I think we are in a whole different world now and there are too many shoppers and not enough SA for everyone who walks through the door to be matched with a dedicated SA for a going forward relationship.

I agree with you that SA’s function on commission and are there to sell. However, I suspect much of their time is wasted to browsers and high needs / low purchase clients.

Therefore, I suspect this is the way of the future. You shop with who you get on walk in unless and until you are deemed eligible to have a SA. At least in Toronto anyway.
This. 110%. If the goods are in the store an SA will sell to you. If not they will tell you to shop online. The fact that you may want to work with an SA to acquire a quota bag (and wait for items to appear in the store) is not important to them given the supply and demand and general lack of product.

To be fair the problems we find are not just Toronto store ones. I was in boston this weekend and like our store stock was limited though the SA who helped me was very nice and offered me a rodeo in rose mexico(it wasn't even on my list). The strange part is they had very small selection of slgs.

I also think it is starting to normalize in Toronto so a good time to start a relationship with an SA but be patient for a quota bag.

Hello all!
Has anyone who started their H journey beginning of this year gotten a quota bag yet? It will give me some hope Atleast if I know someone did lol. I started back in December and still no phone call yet.

Yep, a Constance! Just depends on your SA. TBH, I feel like there's no real hard and fast rules when it comes to H as you've probably read on here.

Reactions: Bereal
Anyone visited the boutique lately and can comment on (F/W 22) stock of shawls, footwear and RTW?
RTW just dropped yesterday when I was there so there's a bunch of new stuff. Shawls and twillys are on thin stock. My SA even mentioned that popular twillys have to be pre-ordered now?

Shoes and sandals are okay, they had a bunch of Oran sandals and summer footwear. I was looking for mules but they didn't have any in stock.

They also had a bunch of women's hats in stocks and on display ☺️.

RTW just dropped yesterday when I was there so there's a bunch of new stuff. Shawls and twillys are on thin stock. My SA even mentioned that popular twillys have to be pre-ordered now?

Shoes and sandals are okay, they had a bunch of Oran sandals and summer footwear. I was looking for mules but they didn't have any in stock.

They also had a bunch of women's hats in stocks and on display ☺.
Thank you - you saved me a trip!
I'm waiting on the mules as well and shawls too.
Did you mean the new RTW is available in the boutique too (b'z I did notice the online drop but I'm looking to go try them on in the boutique rather than order online).