Hermes in the city...or your hometown.

Nothing in Minneapolis... a LOT of Louis/fake Louis.... people really give me some side eye if I go out with my B, K, or C
Another voice from the Twin Cities, the land of Coach and Neverfulls. I live in a trendy area of Minneapolis and have recently spotted a few Evelynes, and even a Birkin in the Galleria. I admire Birkins and Kellys for their beauty and craftsmanship, but they're just not my lifestyle. My favorite bags right now are my black nylon Prada crossbody that I bought a few years ago for a trip to Europe, fantastic bang for the buck, and a Loewe that I picked up recently in Barcelona. It is gorgeous but unrecognizable here, which I like. That being said, I would jump on a Birkin if I happened upon it in my travels. I will probably buy an Evelyne as soon as the right color comes along. It's a timeless and practical style. I really want them to make a size between the 16 and 29. One's too small for my needs, one's too big. I need one that's just right. Call me Goldilocks:biggrin: Enjoy your beautiful bags - if you're getting side eye it's just envy. I save my side eye for LV and Coach :-s

Reactions: voguekelly711
Another voice from the Twin Cities, the land of Coach and Neverfulls. I live in a trendy area of Minneapolis and have recently spotted a few Evelynes, and even a Birkin in the Galleria. I admire Birkins and Kellys for their beauty and craftsmanship, but they're just not my lifestyle. My favorite bags right now are my black nylon Prada crossbody that I bought a few years ago for a trip to Europe, fantastic bang for the buck, and a Loewe that I picked up recently in Barcelona. It is gorgeous but unrecognizable here, which I like. That being said, I would jump on a Birkin if I happened upon it in my travels. I will probably buy an Evelyne as soon as the right color comes along. It's a timeless and practical style. I really want them to make a size between the 16 and 29. One's too small for my needs, one's too big. I need one that's just right. Call me Goldilocks:biggrin: Enjoy your beautiful bags - if you're getting side eye it's just envy. I save my side eye for LV and Coach :-s

Absolutely!! A bag always needs to be just right to bring home :heart: Happy to hear another voice from the Twin Cities!! I frequent the Galleria so if your spotting was a guy with a blue B, good chance we’ve crossed paths :biggrin: But yes... land of Neverfulls!! The Loewe is such a beautiful and practical bag too; glad you love it! Wish I spotted more Evies... was talking to a SA at Tiffany’s in the Galleria and we said since there’s a lot of wealth in the Twin Cities, once H comes through they’d do super well here so hope to see more H bags around when they do open!

I live in my country's capital. Until a couple of years ago, I did not notice any H bags... this probably proves that "you see only what you know".
Around here, there seem to be mainly 2 sorts of women carrying H quota bags - elegant ladies in their late 60s and 70s and then younger "trophy wives". Not that there is anything wrong with either - it's just that I don't fit into these categories and was for a long time REALLY worried if H was "for me". I am proud that I can make those bags happen for myself through my hard work and have met two very lovely ladies in my area through tpf that I can relate to. We have the best time discussing H but also other things like relationships, family, careers... I call them my "handbag posse". :smile:

Absolutely!! A bag always needs to be just right to bring home :heart: Happy to hear another voice from the Twin Cities!! I frequent the Galleria so if your spotting was a guy with a blue B, good chance we’ve crossed paths :biggrin: But yes... land of Neverfulls!! The Loewe is such a beautiful and practical bag too; glad you love it! Wish I spotted more Evies... was talking to a SA at Tiffany’s in the Galleria and we said since there’s a lot of wealth in the Twin Cities, once H comes through they’d do super well here so hope to see more H bags around when they do open!
In spite of the wealth here I just don't see Hermes coming here. The people who can afford it get their H in other cities. But who knows....I will keep my eyes open for you when I'm in the Galleria. I don't have the nerve to do a "spotted in the wild shot", but a blue Birkin will not go unnoticed by me:loveeyes:

Reactions: voguekelly711
In spite of the wealth here I just don't see Hermes coming here. The people who can afford it get their H in other cities. But who knows....I will keep my eyes open for you when I'm in the Galleria. I don't have the nerve to do a "spotted in the wild shot", but a blue Birkin will not go unnoticed by me:loveeyes:

Actually, according to the below thread, it looks like H will be opening here in the next couple of years!! But you never know!! See you around :cool:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-coming-to-minnesota.995541/

Reactions: charlottawill
Actually, according to the below thread, it looks like H will be opening here in the next couple of years!! But you never know!! See you around :cool:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-coming-to-minnesota.995541/

I'm another long-time Hermes collector living in the Twin Cities area but who stopped wearing my Birkin or Kellys at home for the last several years. After the last financial crisis, it especially did not feel right to me. On the other hand, I have no issues with wearing my Halzan / other under the radar Hermes bags here or the spectacular CSGM's---and although I don't own an Evelyne, I do see them about quite a bit.

It will be interesting to see what happens if and when H opens a store here. My guess is that many locals will buy here (in addition to out of state and overseas) but IMO it will take a while to see the most expensive bags in public...

You shouldn't be afraid to carry your bags, you earned them, but maybe just exercise a little discretion in where and when. And after the past two weeks we may very well be headed into a economic downturn. I can't imagine Hermes opening a store here in that event, but who knows anything these days?

Reactions: kipp
@charlottawill , Agree. Though we travel a lot and those are my opportunities to wear my Birkins/Kellys (like in NYC/Tokyo/London, etc.) Am wondering how large and long the current economic downturn will be and how that will influence lots of things!