Hermes in Neiman Marcus

cph706

O.G.
Jul 24, 2006
Does Hermes have any other boutiques in a Neiman Marcus besides the one in Friendship Heights? My friend received a very large gift card to NM and would like to purchase Hermes, but it needs to be through NM.

Thank you!

I believe this is the only remaining boutique within NM, but perhaps others can weigh in on this. In my experience, Stock is quite limited there and there are very few bags. They have a better selection of scarves and enamel bracelets. If her gift card is quite substantial, she may find better selection on non H items.

I believe this is the only remaining boutique within NM, but perhaps others can weigh in on this. In my experience, Stock is quite limited there and there are very few bags. They have a better selection of scarves and enamel bracelets. If her gift card is quite substantial, she may find better selection on non H items.
Thank you, I will let her know. I think she may choose to get smaller items.

Does NM allow returns on H items for a refund (like their other stock) or do the follow the H boutique rules and only allow exchanges? TIA:smile:

Does NM allow returns on H items for a refund (like their other stock) or do the follow the H boutique rules and only allow exchanges? TIA:smile:

Sorry, I am not quite sure as I have not returned anything there. I suspect that you can not return an H item purchased at a free standing boutique as most luxury leased boutiques with in department stores will not accept returns from a free standing store. For example, when I received an LV bag as a gift that did not work for me, Saks boutique would not take it back, but all of the free standing boutiques would. Same with a Chanel wallet I received that I did not wish to keep. I assume H works this way too. HTH:smile:

the thing is, that NM H boutique has a wait list for a kelly and birkin. Other bags are available on the shelf but there is not a lot of them at any one time, necessarily. It's a question of checking in every week or two, after something gets sold, something else usually gets put out. the shelf bags can be nice, tho, I've seen some nice candidates for my $$.

sometimes the scarves can be very well stocked--usually, it's a reasonably good selectiion although not quite as much variety as a boutique. this fall, I have seen a number of leather bracelets at a pop there.

If your friend cannot use her large gift card, give it to me :smile: I am very resourceful and will use it up within 15 minutes.

Sorry, I am not quite sure as I have not returned anything there. I suspect that you can not return an H item purchased at a free standing boutique as most luxury leased boutiques with in department stores will not accept returns from a free standing store. For example, when I received an LV bag as a gift that did not work for me, Saks boutique would not take it back, but all of the free standing boutiques would. Same with a Chanel wallet I received that I did not wish to keep. I assume H works this way too. HTH:smile:

I assumed the policies would be thes same as Chanel, but thought I would check. Thanks!:wave:

the thing is, that NM H boutique has a wait list for a kelly and birkin. Other bags are available on the shelf but there is not a lot of them at any one time, necessarily. It's a question of checking in every week or two, after something gets sold, something else usually gets put out. the shelf bags can be nice, tho, I've seen some nice candidates for my $$.

sometimes the scarves can be very well stocked--usually, it's a reasonably good selectiion although not quite as much variety as a boutique. this fall, I have seen a number of leather bracelets at a pop there.

If your friend cannot use her large gift card, give it to me :smile: I am very resourceful and will use it up within 15 minutes.

:smile:

Does Hermes have any other boutiques in a Neiman Marcus besides the one in Friendship Heights? My friend received a very large gift card to NM and would like to purchase Hermes, but it needs to be through NM.

Thank you!

I thought Bergdorf Goodman's in NYC carries H goods. I may be wrong about this, but could your friend possibly use her NM giftcard at Bergdorf's? Maybe worth calling BG to find out. Sorry, but I don't know what sort of selection they have compared to H boutiques.

Also, at least as of a couple weeks ago, there is no limit on the return period. In other words, an item may be returned for full refund well beyond the boutique's 10-day period as long as it is unused, I believe.

For those TPFers in the DC area, do you tend to stick only to the Tyson's boutique so your purchases "count" with your SA/customer account, or do you purchase from NM too? I imagine its largely based on inventory/item availability, but very curious how you manage this "temptation."

I usually go to the Tyson's Corner one because they have a bigger selection and I want to establish a relationship with my SA. I've gone to the NM one but have only purchased scarfs there. They do get a small selection of bags and wallets. Also note that DC tax is slightly higher than VA tax! HTH!

I usually go to the Tyson's Corner one because they have a bigger selection and I want to establish a relationship with my SA. I've gone to the NM one but have only purchased scarfs there. They do get a small selection of bags and wallets. Also note that DC tax is slightly higher than VA tax! HTH!

OhManolo, thanks so much for the response - sorry I am just now seeing this! I guess that having multiple boutiques nearby can only be a benefit since none of the boutiques seem to have any inventory!