Hermes Houston - closed?

renyoj

O.G.
Aug 31, 2007
I went by after work to do some Christmas shopping and apparently they are closed indefinitely. Does anyone know the scoop?

Attachments

• image-3188874488.png
    image-3188874488.png
    920.1 KB · Views: 1,057
I wonder what was stolen? Can you imagine breaking into Hermes? I would be so overwhelmed by what to take that the police would still find me in there by the time they arrived. :police:

I told my friend this morning that if I see someone around Houston with a blue electrique massai cut(which I had reserved), I'm going to kick their *** on principle and ask questions after. :P

I told my friend this morning that if I see someone around Houston with a blue electrique massai cut(which I had reserved), I'm going to kick their *** on principle and ask questions after. :P

Lol! My SA wouldnt tell me all that was taken but he did say what was reserved for me was still there! Phew!! :P

If this needs to be moved...please do so.

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/12/houston-hermes-closed-after-thieves-strike-at-luxury-store/

Houston Hermès closes after thieves strike at luxury store

A front door imported from France was damaged and several high-end products were snatched by thieves at Hermès of Paris in the Galleria area, forcing the luxury retailer to close temporarily during the holiday shopping frenzy.
CultureMap Houston reports that thieves made off with several high-end items and cleaned out the store, at 1800 Post Oak Blvd., “in a matter of minutes.”
Officers found that a front window and the front-door window had been smashed and the front door pried open. A number of suspects — at least 12 — took an unknown number of purses, priced around $7,000 each, and an unknown number of watches, priced $50,000 or less, along with other stolen items.
Surveillance video reportedly shows the thieves taking designer products from walls and tabletops, but the pricey Birkin bags were still in place, and that apparently didn’t sit well with the robbers.
(A) source close to the store said that the most expensive, diamond-encrusted Birkin bags were in a locked safe, which the thieves were not able to access. Apparently enraged by not being able to find them, they extensively damaged the store.
Such a bag reportedly starts at around $8,000.
No further information on the store’s reopening is currently available. The robbery follows an attempted break-in at a Galleria Louis Vuitton store over the weekend, CultureMap says.