Hermes Private Events for First Timers?

Having worked in the luxury fashion industry in NYC for over 10 years I can provide some general intel how H conduct their events -

Biggest most exclusive events are store openings with offsite dinners:

depends on the store locations they manage invite lists differently. NYC = Tier A, Waikiki / Miami = Tier B, Palo Alto = Tier C. Tier C openings usually only have in-store festivities in which case customers are usually always invited. Tier B would have an offsite dinner and only high spending customers and SA recommended customers are invited. NYC being a major Tier A store opening, the event was NOT customer facing but rather purely PR driven.

The meatpacking location opening where the opening event was briefly held in store then migrated to an offsite location for dinner : landlords, business partners, media, celebs, socialites were invited. Of course amongst these people some of them were naturally customers themselves too. The guest list was generated and managed by Hermes in-house PR in collaboration with a 3rd party PR agency (usually one that also manage NYFW show invite lists). Spend was not considered as customers were not invited.

Private store events are more customer facing but have tiers too -

1) new China collection launch at the Madison store in 2018 - they only invited top home category customers (some of them had $1-2M spend in furniture and home), for a private Sunday brunch inside the store (day that the store is normally closed) followed with shopping opportunity.

2) carre club (scarf) event in 2018 (in-store cocktail, photobooth and music, no shopping) - SA submitted favorite customers for store director approval, invitation was extended verbally by the SA.

3) holiday closed door after hours shopping night in dec 2018 - SA submitted favorite customers for store director approval, invitation was extended verbally by the SA.

A good relationship with your SA would prompt them to think of you often in turn this would provide more event invitation opportunities.

Thank you very much for your insight! Having been to all three tiers of events at my store, including the new opening, my own experience lines up with what you are saying.

Reactions: CMilly
Having worked in the luxury fashion industry in NYC for over 10 years I can provide some general intel how H conduct their events -

depends on the store locations they manage invite lists differently. NYC = Tier A, Waikiki / Miami = Tier B, Palo Alto = Tier C. Tier C openings usually only have in-store festivities in which case customers are usually always invited. Tier B would have an offsite dinner and only high spending customers and SA recommended customers are invited. NYC being a major Tier A store opening, the event was NOT customer facing but rather purely PR driven.

The meatpacking location opening where the opening event was briefly held in store then migrated to an offsite location for dinner : landlords, business partners, media, celebs, socialites were invited. Of course amongst these people some of them were naturally customers themselves too. The guest list was generated and managed by Hermes in-house PR in collaboration with a 3rd party PR agency (usually one that also manage NYFW show invite lists). Spend was not considered as customers were not invited.

1) new China collection launch at the Madison store in 2018 - they only invited top home category customers (some of them had $1-2M spend in furniture and home), for a private Sunday brunch inside the store (day that the store is normally closed) followed with shopping opportunity.

2) carre club (scarf) event in 2018 (in-store cocktail, photobooth and music, no shopping) - SA submitted favorite customers for store director approval, invitation was extended verbally by the SA.

3) holiday closed door after hours shopping night in dec 2018 - SA submitted favorite customers for store director approval, invitation was extended verbally by the SA.

A good relationship with your SA would prompt them to think of you often in turn this would provide more event invitation opportunities.
Thank you!

Thank you!

I've been invited to event 3. It's my first time :smile: For this event should I proceed as I usually do and e-mail my SA my shopping list?

Hi all - I have been invited to a holiday event tomorrow and My SA said she has surprise for me. I have not been invited before so don’t know what to expect. I was told that usually people would be offered quota bags on wishlist but I just received my quota bag 2-3 weeks ago especially so I am curious what will happen tomorrow. I am nervous about the surprise. Can anyone help share some details ? Many thanks! ‍♀️

Reactions: i_like_h
It’s just extra store hours/appointments on Sundays during the holiday season at stores that aren’t typically open on sundays. If she said there was a surprise for you, shes probably got a bag to offer you. ETA they also sometimes give out the horse cookies and mini champagnes during these Sunday appointments.

It’s just extra store hours/appointments on Sundays during the holiday season at stores that aren’t typically open on sundays. If she said there was a surprise for you, shes probably got a bag to offer you. ETA they also sometimes give out the horse cookies and mini champagnes during these Sunday appointments.
Thank you! I was wondering what bag because I dont recall anything on my wishlist anymore after my quota bag offer maybe she has something i asked for a long time ago

Reactions: CMilly
My SA from the Dallas Boutique said they were closing down the store until the 12th of December.
She cancelled all her prior appointments with her clients until they reopen. :wtf:

I was also invited to their event...in the event they are open! :facepalm:

Don't know if this is COVID related or if they are just getting ready for the event. :shocked:

My SA from the Dallas Boutique said they were closing down the store until the 12th of December.
She cancelled all her prior appointments with her clients until they reopen. :wtf:

I was also invited to their event...in the event they are open! :facepalm:

Don't know if this is COVID related or if they are just getting ready for the event. :shocked:

My local store closed for 2 weeks. I assumed it was covid related but have not had that confirmed.

• Love
Reactions: RT1
Hi all - I have been invited to a holiday event tomorrow and My SA said she has surprise for me. I have not been invited before so don’t know what to expect. I was told that usually people would be offered quota bags on wishlist but I just received my quota bag 2-3 weeks ago especially so I am curious what will happen tomorrow. I am nervous about the surprise. Can anyone help share some details ? Many thanks! ‍♀
How was it? I received a box of chocolates and champagne. I have been to 3 of these Sunday events during the lockdown and have been offered quota bags each time. In the Rodeo Dr store, each appointment is 2 hours. Los Angeles County requires that the store be 20% capacity. Here are pictures of the store at the November event. There are also a very limited number of SAs. At my initial appointment in October, I was invited solo. At the subsequent 2, I was allowed to bring 1 daughter at a time.

A1D2760F-A6F3-4F76-9CB2-C40CA48EEF1C.jpeg

5A659462-4679-4CBE-8FC9-39A803C3005C.jpeg

39909980-08FC-4EEC-BFE8-BB8881975184.jpeg

BE09EC04-2FA9-4DA9-A9F6-8E967BF4D8D3.jpeg

576BE945-0395-4697-8248-F306CBB86A7D.jpeg

74EBD053-CC8F-459C-B4FD-0A71B580D7C6.jpeg

43778C3A-1E04-497F-9437-A65A7A23A352.jpeg

339B40D1-1327-4BE7-B518-1E223C7DF74F.jpeg

9A1B4D7E-428B-4DCD-B610-50C254034D4B.jpeg

Last edited:
How was it? I received a box of chocolates and champagne. I have been to 3 of these Sunday events during the lockdown and have been offered quota bags each time. In the Rodeo Dr store, each appointment is 2 hours. Los Angeles County requires that the store be 20% capacity. Here are pictures of the store at the November event. There are also a very limited number of SAs. At my initial appointment in October, I was invited solo. At the subsequent 2, I was allowed to bring 1 daughter at a time.

View attachment 4923830

View attachment 4923831

View attachment 4923832

View attachment 4923833

View attachment 4923834

View attachment 4923835

View attachment 4923836

View attachment 4923837

View attachment 4923838
Sounds and looks like you and your daughters had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos! I had no idea the Rodeo store looks so beautiful, reminds me of the Guggenheim. I'm in OC but maybe I'll have to plan a visit. Do you know if it's appointment only right now? Thanks!

Reactions: RT1 and haute okole
Hi all lovely TPFers!
Quick questions regarding private clients shopping event. Not sure if I post in the right thread. If not, I’m sorry!

I’m sure most of you TPFers have been invited for this kind of events. I’m fairly new to H. I’ve been building up my rapport and purchases with my SA and fortunate enough that my sweetest SA invited me. it’s my very first time for this private event. (I’ve been to private events for other brands but not H)

I’m wondering what would it be like? And would it be more RTW ss22 for clients to try on etc. any obligations to buy if you don’t find things you like?

I don’t want to upset my SA if I end up not finding anything.. (which I highly doubt myself lol)

Any recommendations or suggestions would appreciate it:smile:

I’ll update you guys later what I end up buying lol :nuts: :nuts:

Thank you!

Hi all lovely TPFers!
Quick questions regarding private clients shopping event. Not sure if I post in the right thread. If not, I’m sorry!

I’m sure most of you TPFers have been invited for this kind of events. I’m fairly new to H. I’ve been building up my rapport and purchases with my SA and fortunate enough that my sweetest SA invited me. it’s my very first time for this private event. (I’ve been to private events for other brands but not H)

I’m wondering what would it be like? And would it be more RTW ss22 for clients to try on etc. any obligations to buy if you don’t find things you like?

I don’t want to upset my SA if I end up not finding anything.. (which I highly doubt myself lol)

Any recommendations or suggestions would appreciate it:smile:

I’ll update you guys later what I end up buying lol :nuts: :nuts:

Thank you!

Hmm, that's odd that they would invite you to a private shopping event and not give you any detail of what the event is about. Or did they?

My experience when I have received invites is that my SA would explicitly state "it's a holiday shopping event to help you knock out all of your family shopping early" or I have been invited to RTW event(s) where it was shared with me that should I accept the invitation, they'll work to source a number of pieces they think that I will like.

I do believe, although not confirmed, that the SAs have some metrics around how much they are selling at these events because their appointment slots are limited so I really would not go in planning to not spend anything as I would imagine it might actually have a negative impact on your SA and likely your invite to subsequent future events.