Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

I am tempted to purchase a Herbag because I love everything Pegasus (@ardenp @Shanneo totally enabled me with their pics!:lol:). But on the other hand, I am trying to be better at enjoying what I already have/shop in my closet. Therefore I would like some honest opinions on if Herbag 31 be redundant to K32/K28? Or they are considered very different bags and fit very different needs? I would imagine that Herbag is lighter and more water resistant, it's easier for travel, and I hope to use it for travel and more casual occasions. TIA for your inputs!

Reactions: bell0279
Question about this gorgeous Pergasus Herbag to TPF experts - is it officially sold out? Just wondering if only option would be resellers/preloved (currently selling at almost 2 x retail) or if they might still be floating out there in H boutiques...
Hi! I just bought this bag last Sunday. According to my SA, it’s the only one they have received and the last time he saw it was a year ago.

0092D78D-9A24-4EF3-B82B-CBE165224EFF.jpeg

I am tempted to purchase a Herbag because I love everything Pegasus (@ardenp @Shanneo totally enabled me with their pics!:lol:). But on the other hand, I am trying to be better at enjoying what I already have/shop in my closet. Therefore I would like some honest opinions on if Herbag 31 be redundant to K32/K28? Or they are considered very different bags and fit very different needs? I would imagine that Herbag is lighter and more water resistant, it's easier for travel, and I hope to use it for travel and more casual occasions. TIA for your inputs!

I was stuck between a Kelly and a Herbag. I decided to go with the Herbag because to me it seemed much more casual and abit more under radar which is what I like. I find my Herbag super light, of course its not all leather like the Kelly. If you do get a Herbag I do recommend the coated canvas, that is one I have and I find its very easy to keep clean. I will say you do need to be careful with the top leather portion of the Herbag as it seems to scratch easy.

Now I am back to thinking about a Kelly because I do find it so beautiful however am thinking Toolbox would suit me better. I am thinking to get the Tool Box because its again under radar bit more and I find the look to me bit more casual.

Last edited:
Question about this gorgeous Pergasus Herbag to TPF experts - is it officially sold out? Just wondering if only option would be resellers/preloved (currently selling at almost 2 x retail) or if they might still be floating out there in H boutiques...

There are quite a few of them on Fashionphile at the moment if preloved does not bother you.

I was stuck between a Kelly and a Herbag. I decided to go with the Herbag because to me it seemed much more casual and abit more under radar which is what I like. I find my Herbag super light, of course its not all leather like the Kelly. If you do get a Herbag I do recommend the coated canvas, that is one I have and I find its very easy to keep clean. I will say you do need to be careful with the top leather portion of the Herbag as it seems to scratch easy.

Now I am back to thinking about a Kelly because I do find it so beautiful however am thinking Toolbox would suit me better. I am thinking to get the Tool Box because its again under radar bit more and I find the look to me bit more casual.
Thanks for your inputs! However, the Herbag with Pegasus is definitely not going to be under the radar :biggrin: My K are more discreet in comparison. But I do hope for the casual vibe and light weight, especially in the summer and when travel. Thanks for the warning on the leather. Do you find the strap uncomfortable for you? If I am using it as a casual bag and for travel, I don't want the strap to be digging into my shoulder...

Thanks for your inputs! However, the Herbag with Pegasus is definitely not going to be under the radar :biggrin: My K are more discreet in comparison. But I do hope for the casual vibe and light weight, especially in the summer and when travel. Thanks for the warning on the leather. Do you find the strap uncomfortable for you? If I am using it as a casual bag and for travel, I don't want the strap to be digging into my shoulder...

I didn’t realize you wanted the Peg one, must have missed it. The herbag definitely will give you that casual vibe you are going for.

I can’t really answer the strap question as I removed mine shortly aftergot it. I did use it a few times with strap and I have no complaints but I just liked the look more without it. Also I like having more control over the bag which I feel I have with handheld versus not, it’s my baby lol. I have considered putting the strap back on though when summer hits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitty S.
Seeking some advice from you H aficionados! Am considering a Vibration Herbag in Fauve/Ecru-Beige 29cm (seond option khaki with gold hardware). I wanted to know for those who have one in this colorway have you been able to wear it easily with outfits? How does the bag withstand constant use? Have you noticed color transfer? Thank you all in advance! I appreciate all the advice I can get in making this decision. :heart:

Joining the Herbag club! Wasn't expecting to walk out with this but such is the nature of shopping at H, one never knows what one might find! Still love the Pegasus bag but excited to use this blue/noir combo as a casual, easy going day bag. Would love any advice on how you use your Herbags (base shaper? Easiest way to open?) Thx for letting me share.

Attachments

• 20210328_084845.jpg
    20210328_084845.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 183
Joining the Herbag club! Wasn't expecting to walk out with this but such is the nature of shopping at H, one never knows what one might find! Still love the Pegasus bag but excited to use this blue/noir combo as a casual, easy going day bag. Would love any advice on how you use your Herbags (base shaper? Easiest way to open?) Thx for letting me share.

Love this. I find I do not need a base shaper for my herbag. It is pretty well structured. As far as making it more easy to open simply close it back up but do not slide the strips through the closure, leave them loose.

Took my Herbag out today for first time - I notice that it tends to fall over because of the weight of my phone in the external zippered pocket. Wondering if using an insert might help with the balance?

Took my Herbag out today for first time - I notice that it tends to fall over because of the weight of my phone in the external zippered pocket. Wondering if using an insert might help with the balance?

It does.
I was also surprised about this lack of balance, it’s probably not a problem for many but it was annoying for me. I took some pictures (my phone being in the back pocket ) to show it to you.
- 1st without the insert, I managed to use the back pocket to avoid the back from laying completely flat but normally it falls completely backwards
- 2nd with the insert , it sits upright
- 3rd to show you what I have inside as the weight of what you put in has of course to be taken into consideration . If you tend to carry less than me, maybe an insert won’t help anyway.
4CF827D6-8ADA-4BCE-9BF7-C735299C669E.jpeg79372F3C-12A3-4770-842C-EF159BAB9C56.jpeg1BE2CEA7-7CEC-47EC-9E5F-5309FFE249FB.jpeg
Congrats for your bag!

It does.
I was also surprised about this lack of balance, it’s probably not a problem for many but it was annoying for me. I took some pictures (my phone being in the back pocket ) to show it to you.
- 1st without the insert, I managed to use the back pocket to avoid the back from laying completely flat but normally it falls completely backwards
- 2nd with the insert , it sits upright
- 3rd to show you what I have inside as the weight of what you put in has of course to be taken into consideration . If you tend to carry less than me, maybe an insert won’t help anyway.
View attachment 5044070View attachment 5044071View attachment 5044072
Congrats for your bag!
Thanks for this advice! I realized that the base shaper I bought for my Halzan 31 which fits perfectly in the bottom. Then I laid my wallet and toiletry bag flat on the bottom. It stands up nicely now :smile: I don't carry a lot so am relieved that this technique works. Love this bag but there's a bit of a learning curve - next step is to learn how to gracefully close the bag without looking ridiculous :smile:

Love everyone's modeling posts. Does anyone have the poussiere with the gold clou de selle herbag? I've seen it on the hermes website in the US, but I was hoping to see if someone has a modeling shot they would share? Thanks