Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

I’m very new to H and find myself drawn to the herbag. Please lmk what your likes/dislikes are for that bag. Thank you!
I have literally just bought a Herbag after deliberating which new bag to get for some while. Here are the plus points, in my humble opinion: It’s a sporty, chic but casual bag, pretty light and fairly easy to carry. It’s fairly reasonably priced (for H that is...). You can remove the canvas part and dry clean it, which is useful. The sangles are significantly easier to use than a Kelly. It’s understated.

So far, so good. On the flip side however: in the UK, they aren’t that easy to get on H.com so you’ll need to navigate getting one from a boutique. While they are beautifully made, they don’t look like a £2k bag. The Hunter leather is very stiff, and in paler colours will show marks - whether this is good or bad is personal preference. The relative lack of structure could find you scrabbling fr the thing you need from the bottom of the bag. The flat handles aren’t as comfortable to use as a rounded handle.

Think that’s all, on balance I’m happy with it. Here’s mine in magnolia and bleu saffir.

66B4A390-ACA6-4209-81AD-6E45B6D87571.jpeg

I love my Herbag. I love how casual and understated it is but still chic and I loooove my color combination. I didn‘t took her out very often because of the pandemic but no problems with the canvas or the leather until now. What is a little bit annoying is the opening, but my SA showed me an way that makes it faster to open and close it (see my second picture).

View attachment 5005973

View attachment 5005974
I second Mila, I use mine like the second picture. Oh yes, the little lip on the underside of the metal rondel is really sharp, be careful!

I have literally just bought a Herbag after deliberating which new bag to get for some while. Here are the plus points, in my humble opinion: It’s a sporty, chic but casual bag, pretty light and fairly easy to carry. It’s fairly reasonably priced (for H that is...). You can remove the canvas part and dry clean it, which is useful. The sangles are significantly easier to use than a Kelly. It’s understated.

So far, so good. On the flip side however: in the UK, they aren’t that easy to get on H.com so you’ll need to navigate getting one from a boutique. While they are beautifully made, they don’t look like a £2k bag. The Hunter leather is very stiff, and in paler colours will show marks - whether this is good or bad is personal preference. The relative lack of structure could find you scrabbling fr the thing you need from the bottom of the bag. The flat handles aren’t as comfortable to use as a rounded handle.

Think that’s all, on balance I’m happy with it. Here’s mine in magnolia and bleu saffir.

View attachment 5005975
beautiful colors!

Reactions: paula24jen

View attachment 5005975
So pretty! What size is this?

Curious to hear feedback about coated canvas versus regular canvas. It seems like one advantage of regular canvas is that it can be be dry cleaned? Also coated canvas only comes in certain limited colors? trying to gather info and get ideas for color combs, but it's hard when they don't pop up much online.

Curious to hear feedback about coated canvas versus regular canvas. It seems like one advantage of regular canvas is that it can be be dry cleaned? Also coated canvas only comes in certain limited colors? trying to gather info and get ideas for color combs, but it's hard when they don't pop up much online.
if you do get the coated canvas, don't try to deconstruct it and reverse the body. it will leave bad wrinkles. :sad:

Does anyone have any wrinkling on their coated canvas? And able to to get the wrinkling out? I mistakenly turned the body inside out to see how it looked with the different color/fabric and ended up with pretty bad wrinkling on the coated side. The uncoated side looks fine though.

Question about this gorgeous Pergasus Herbag to TPF experts - is it officially sold out? Just wondering if only option would be resellers/preloved (currently selling at almost 2 x retail) or if they might still be floating out there in H boutiques...

Attachments

• herbag-zip-31-retourne-pegase-pop-bag--079201CKAB-front-1-300-0-2200-2200_b.jpg
    herbag-zip-31-retourne-pegase-pop-bag--079201CKAB-front-1-300-0-2200-2200_b.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 23
Question about this gorgeous Pergasus Herbag to TPF experts - is it officially sold out? Just wondering if only option would be resellers/preloved (currently selling at almost 2 x retail) or if they might still be floating out there in H boutiques...

The exact one was on h.com (Europe) 2-3 weeks ago. Like all Herbags already sold out when I clicked on it. Not sure if it is a limited edition.