Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Oh both your bags are beautiful! I imagine the all black is very practical and the gold hardware is gorgeous. It's good to know your timeframe for Getting the bags, I've liked the Herbag for a long time but would say I only started looking for it seriously on the website since January so could be a long wait yet but I'll just keep trying.

Originally my plan was to meet a nice SA when I was in London for work and keep in touch for when I was down visiting hoping one time I might get lucky, and the SA I met at Selfridge's was very helpful and gave me his card but since then we've had lockdown and I'm also pregnant so won't be going to London at all for the foreseeable future now so online is my only option. I'll keep my fingers crossed :smile:

I think timeframe depends on how open minded you are. If you are super specific (which I am), sometimes you just have to be patient. I have yet to buy a B or K because the Bs I’ve been offered have not been in a colour I want. Some people have said I should have just taken it because it’s a B and once I’ve started, they will be more forthcoming with offering me the harder to get colours but tbh, I don’t have the cash flow to flippantly buy colours I don’t have use for.

By any chance was the SA named Ciro? He is my SA and the absolute best! When I was looking for the black Herbag he updated me with other colours but he knew my heart was set on black, when I popped in is face lit up and was like “WAIT! I have something to show you!!” He disappeared and came back with the box. He was so patient (he was supposed to go on his lunch break) but I had to wait for my bf to make his way to me to pay for it!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I think timeframe depends on how open minded you are. If you are super specific (which I am), sometimes you just have to be patient. I have yet to buy a B or K because the Bs I’ve been offered have not been in a colour I want. Some people have said I should have just taken it because it’s a B and once I’ve started, they will be more forthcoming with offering me the harder to get colours but tbh, I don’t have the cash flow to flippantly buy colours I don’t have use for.

By any chance was the SA named Ciro? He is my SA and the absolute best! When I was looking for the black Herbag he updated me with other colours but he knew my heart was set on black, when I popped in is face lit up and was like “WAIT! I have something to show you!!” He disappeared and came back with the box. He was so patient (he was supposed to go on his lunch break) but I had to wait for my bf to make his way to me to pay for it!
agree! Ciro is AMAZING! so passionate about the brand and he is so patent too-he doesn't push either.
He's the only person I would trust to find me the perfect bag-I only buy small things because I can't afford a bag yet but when I can....

Reactions: mularice
agree! Ciro is AMAZING! so passionate about the brand and he is so patent too-he doesn't push either.
He's the only person I would trust to find me the perfect bag-I only buy small things because I can't afford a bag yet but when I can....

Isn’t he the best?!

Because Selfridges is always busy and I hate having to wait around for ages (and because my bf complains and wanders off), Ciro is so lovely that if I know what I want, he’ll just go look for it in between customers and then I return later and he’ll put anything I want/that he can find aside for me so I can get the cashier to put it through straight away for me.

Sometimes I bribe him with cookies from our favourite cookie shop!

Yes it was Ciro! He was so lovely he spent lots of time with me showing me lots of different bags and explaining the benefits and features of each of them. Very knowledgeable I wouldn't hesitate to contact him next time I'm in London, just wish I lived closer so he could be a regular SA for me but he said to drop him an email anytime I'm coming down to London to let him know what I'm looking for.

Agree with you maxroxxherhandbags he is not pushy at all and wants you to get the bag you really want, not just settle for something because it's available at the time

I'm thinking of possibly getting a Herbag but saw that someone had mentioned a waterproof version? I saw in other threads that the canvas is water resistant but not as waterproof as the LV canvas.

Hello !
This is my first post in the forum !:smile:
I’m not sure is you’re asking about this version . I think mine is the Berlin canvas , but I won’t say it’s waterproof cos I tend to link that with bags I can dunk in the water and all is good :smile:

It is slightly water resistant and I feel that it does not pick up “dust or sediments” as easily as the usual black canvas ! Not sure if my picture shows it well though ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 234
  • Love
Reactions: Olique and crisbac
Hi all,

I've been stalking the Hermes website for about 2 weeks now for a Herbag 31. I've seen about 3 or 4 pop up and each time it says they're already unavailable. I know the website is super buggy (I've ordered 2 calvis and 1 Bastia in these two weeks and all my orders have been cancelled) but is there some sort of trick to stalking Hermes.com and getting one of these bags? When it says their unavailable...does that mean they're restocking later? Are they really selling out that fast? Is there a glitch in the website? I cannot figure this out!!

I really don't want to order one preloved and I would love to buy one in a boutique but I think the closest one is about 5 hours away...any suggestions?

Hi all,

I've been stalking the Hermes website for about 2 weeks now for a Herbag 31. I've seen about 3 or 4 pop up and each time it says they're already unavailable. I know the website is super buggy (I've ordered 2 calvis and 1 Bastia in these two weeks and all my orders have been cancelled) but is there some sort of trick to stalking Hermes.com and getting one of these bags? When it says their unavailable...does that mean they're restocking later? Are they really selling out that fast? Is there a glitch in the website? I cannot figure this out!!

I really don't want to order one preloved and I would love to buy one in a boutique but I think the closest one is about 5 hours away...any suggestions?
The website is a bit rubbish if I’m being super blunt!
Saying that, I have bought a Herbag 31 from the H UK site previously!
When it says unavailable I think it just means it’s been bought very recently and it hasn’t been pulled from the website.

I was told before that until you actually pay, if someone manages to pay before you, the bag is not held for you whilst you are paying. I know most places will take that item off the inventory as soon as it is put into a basket and give you some time to sort out the payment.

I would just suggest stalking the site. I have it automatically come up as a search (I used to check every single day multiple times waiting for the colour I wanted as well as bugging my SA in store).

Do you have a relationship at a H boutique already? Perhaps you can try to ask your SA for info - I’d hate to say you will definitely get one in the boutique when you walk in, because Herbagare still fairly in demand even if they aren’t a B or K!

The website is a bit rubbish if I’m being super blunt!
Saying that, I have bought a Herbag 31 from the H UK site previously!
When it says unavailable I think it just means it’s been bought very recently and it hasn’t been pulled from the website.

I was told before that until you actually pay, if someone manages to pay before you, the bag is not held for you whilst you are paying. I know most places will take that item off the inventory as soon as it is put into a basket and give you some time to sort out the payment.

I would just suggest stalking the site. I have it automatically come up as a search (I used to check every single day multiple times waiting for the colour I wanted as well as bugging my SA in store).

Do you have a relationship at a H boutique already? Perhaps you can try to ask your SA for info - I’d hate to say you will definitely get one in the boutique when you walk in, because Herbagare still fairly in demand even if they aren’t a B or K!

Rubbish is an understatement!! No relationship at an H Boutique yet...I'm from the US and the city I live in isn't the most luxurious and there aren't very many higher-end designer stores. My boyfriend is traveling to San Diego, CA in a few weeks and I was contemplating calling up their boutique, seeing if they have one in stock, and having him pick it up. But that's a lot of moving pieces so I would really prefer to just buy on the website. Thank you for your insight...I'll keep stalking! :smile:

Rubbish is an understatement!! No relationship at an H Boutique yet...I'm from the US and the city I live in isn't the most luxurious and there aren't very many higher-end designer stores. My boyfriend is traveling to San Diego, CA in a few weeks and I was contemplating calling up their boutique, seeing if they have one in stock, and having him pick it up. But that's a lot of moving pieces so I would really prefer to just buy on the website. Thank you for your insight...I'll keep stalking! :smile:
Ahhh, I’m not overly sure how US boutiques work, I feel like you guys have more stores there so you may have more luck and more stock!
I’m in London, UK - we have the most H boutiques/concessions but stock is still a bit limited. Too many tourists who come over to take advantage of the exchange rate and tax free!

Ahhh, I’m not overly sure how US boutiques work, I feel like you guys have more stores there so you may have more luck and more stock!
I’m in London, UK - we have the most H boutiques/concessions but stock is still a bit limited. Too many tourists who come over to take advantage of the exchange rate and tax free!

Gotcha...well one day I will get one I won't give up!! lol :smile: Thanks again for the advice I'll keep you posted if I do happen to acquire one!