Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

Ah thank you for the tip! I’ll have a look!

I also did some googling and they say the Herbag Zip 31 Retourne has been popping up with gold hardware. Tbh I totally didn’t even notice that this was the retourne version and different to my other Herbag Zip 31!

I have to admit, I prefer the more structured Herbag with the sharper edges but it’s not that noticeable if I only just spotted it!

Plus I always use a Samorga organiser so the bags keep their shape anyway.

Oops realized on the receipt it’s probably just the last two digits (since the color code is written separately under color). Either case it should have the specific code :smile:

I’ve seen some people turning the retourne herbag inside out to turn it into the other shape, it’s posted in this thread somewhere!

Oops realized on the receipt it’s probably just the last two digits (since the color code is written separately under color). Either case it should have the specific code :smile:

I’ve seen some people turning the retourne herbag inside out to turn it into the other shape, it’s posted in this thread somewhere!

You’ve been so helpful thank you!

I don’t know if my code looks weird because it’s from Selfridges but the letters at the end are CC AA. So I’m assuming it’s just gold hardware?!

For now I’ll keep it the way it is, but it’s good to know it can be turned inside out. But then the zip pouch will be inside.. hmm.

I’m still on the look out to see if there are any longer strap / chain alternatives to make the Herbag into a proper crossbody.

Thank you!

I’m just glad to have a dark colour that won’t have noticeable water marks from the rain like my orange one! Considering I live in London, UK you’d think I would have thought about that a bit more!
Congratulations. It's lovely and the hardware pretty unique. Could you post more photos of it please and also wearing it ? I have the older version but now after seeing yours sooooo tempted.

Reactions: Ms Stressa
Congratulations. It's lovely and the hardware pretty unique. Could you post more photos of it please and also wearing it ? I have the older version but now after seeing yours sooooo tempted.

Yes of course!

Thank you I’m very happy with her!

GHW on the Herbag Zip 31 seems to be unique to the Retourne style of Herbag at the moment. Personally I prefer the “Sellier” style with the seams on the outside and a more structured shape.

I took the advice a few pages back and turned the “sack” inside out to make it the Sellier style - I love it! Yes, the zip pouch is now on the inside but lots of bags tend to have pouches inside rather than outside. I hardly use my outside zip on my other Herbag anyway.

Will take some photos tomorrow and try and get my bf to take some mod pics too :smile:

You’ve been so helpful thank you!

I don’t know if my code looks weird because it’s from Selfridges but the letters at the end are CC AA. So I’m assuming it’s just gold hardware?!

For now I’ll keep it the way it is, but it’s good to know it can be turned inside out. But then the zip pouch will be inside.. hmm.

I’m still on the look out to see if there are any longer strap / chain alternatives to make the Herbag into a proper crossbody.

CC means gold hardware :smile: AA is the color code.

I see you found the turning it inside out trick! Enjoy your herbag :tup:

Facetune_25-02-2020-10-39-05.jpgB49C6ECB-64E2-4302-951F-9268FA5CD7D9.jpeg0331F90F-AAA8-494B-9641-C94E3485E08C.jpeg472AC3E9-5053-488A-B76F-1638BC25DDA8.jpeg
530576F0-E75C-4666-8843-13A614C290A3.jpeg

Some better photos!

Please keep in mind that the sack has been turned inside out to make it more a “Sellier” style than the Retourne style and therefore the zip pouch is now on the inside of the bag rather than the outside as it originally came.

No mod photos yet as I’m still in my pjs [emoji85]

:heart:

Holy!!
Now I want one. Like yours. Like really really want. Thanks for sharing.
Anyway, since you’ve had the bag for quite sometimes, can you tell us your personal reviews? Is it really work as everyday bag? Comfy enough? How do you like the crossbody strap? TIA

Omg I clearly missed your post! So sorry!

Anyway, I’ve had it a while now and I got a Samorga organiser for it. It makes it much more structured.

I find it super comfy and a good weight (similar leather sized bags get pretty heavy). The long strap is not long enough for crossbody use - I’ve found a long crossbody chain that is easily attached so might try that out. But I tend to carry it using the top handle.

The orange colour isn’t great for every day use - I never take it out if there’s a chance of rain! (Don’t want the rain spots on the fabric) However, just bought a black one and I have no issues with taking that out if it’s drizzling!

View attachment 4674561View attachment 4674562View attachment 4674564View attachment 4674565
View attachment 4674567

Some better photos!

Please keep in mind that the sack has been turned inside out to make it more a “Sellier” style than the Retourne style and therefore the zip pouch is now on the inside of the bag rather than the outside as it originally came.

Lovely! I used mine in rain and snow and it was virtually indestructible.

View attachment 4674561View attachment 4674562View attachment 4674564View attachment 4674565
View attachment 4674567

Some better photos!

I did the reverse...turned my sellier into a retourne. The bag seems smaller but I miss the pocket outside :amuse:

Attachments

• 20200316_190631.jpg
    20200316_190631.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 311
I did the reverse...turned my sellier into a retourne. The bag seems smaller but I miss the pocket outside :amuse:

I haven’t missed the pocket on the back yet! But I rarely use the back pouch anyway on my other Herbag. I find that the pocket doesn’t sit flush, it’s kinda started to almost curl up at the bottom.

I like your Twilly! I’m a sucker for any black & white Twilly though!

I’m also thinking that if the bag gets a bit worn I could turn it back the “right” way and it’ll look new again! I have a Samorga organiser so the inside of the bag stays in very good condition.

I haven’t missed the pocket on the back yet! But I rarely use the back pouch anyway on my other Herbag. I find that the pocket doesn’t sit flush, it’s kinda started to almost curl up at the bottom.

I like your Twilly! I’m a sucker for any black & white Twilly though!

I’m also thinking that if the bag gets a bit worn I could turn it back the “right” way and it’ll look new again! I have a Samorga organiser so the inside of the bag stays in very good condition.
Agree that the back pocket sags but it's really useful when I travel because I keep my passport and hand phone in that pocket. And yes, I will also be flipping it back to sellier after some time. I'm taking the chance to clean the inside and air it in this retourne style right now. Thanks for sharing or I'll not be brave enough to turn mine inside out :flowers:

Agree that the back pocket sags but it's really useful when I travel because I keep my passport and hand phone in that pocket. And yes, I will also be flipping it back to sellier after some time. I'm taking the chance to clean the inside and air it in this retourne style right now. Thanks for sharing or I'll not be brave enough to turn mine inside out :flowers:

I took inspiration from a post a little while back that said you could turn it inside out! I had no idea it could be done! Some people are just so clever!

The H store on New Bond St, London and H Selfridges London has never seen it done before and they were impressed!

Reactions: Ms Stressa
I took inspiration from a post a little while back that said you could turn it inside out! I had no idea it could be done! Some people are just so clever!

The H store on New Bond St, London and H Selfridges London has never seen it done before and they were impressed!
Wow...you taught the SAs something new:tup:
But no one can beat my hubby who asked,"can you do the same to your Kelly? 2 bags for the price of 1, save money..." :rolleyes: