Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

1. Here you go! Didn't put on the lock/clochette but I think you get the idea. This is rouge grenat in the classic toile (so not the plastic(?) coated version-- though I saw that in black and thought it was pretty cool) with red leather.
    herbag2.jpg herbag1.jpg

obsessedwhermes likes this.
  2. yeeees! :nuts::heart:

3. Does anyone know if it's possible to get an all-black one in Italy or Paris? Going in one week

4. Hi! I got an all black one in Porto Cervo last week. They had a selection of colors available.

5. Hello ladies,

I haven't posted on this forum before... But I would appreciate your thoughts. I have a Herbag Ado, which I know is authentic. I just received another, supposedly from the early 2000's, purchased preowned. I didn't post it for authenticiation as it was listed buy it now and I didn't want to miss out on it. the seller has no negatives. I don't think it's authentic. I understand that I can't have a bag in possession and have authenticated here. Who would I contact and pay for the authenticiation. Thank you in advance.

6. Hello again,

Have located and reached out to an independent authenticiation service. Please disregard my previous request. It never pays to rush into an online preowned purchase. I know better. : )

obsessedwhermes likes this.
  7. Good morning ladies,

I have a question for Herbag owners. I've read this thread completely so I've understand the herbag seems to be on its third run as far as Hermes changes. Can anyone explain when the chain in the rod became mainstream in the earlier models? I have a backpack version which doesn't have the chain, but from reading this in the past this thread, it seems that the backpack model didn't have a chain in the rod.

In short I'm just wondering about the history of changes in small details of the Herbag. I'm not asking for authentication purposes, I'm asking just to learn more about the different versions overtime of this bag. I read here the obvious changes such as the first version and then the zip version and now a newly released coated version. Thank you.

8. Hi everyone, I recently bought a herbag 39 zip burgundy from a European vintage store. I initially wanted the 31 size but I love the burgundy colour so got the 39.
    Sorry if this has been asked before;
    Does anyone use a bag insert to stop the base of the herbag slouching over time? Also is the 39 size still in production or is it only the 31 size being sold new?
    Just wanted to add; love this bag! Hermes do casual/understated so well with herbag, Lindy and double sens image.jpeg image.jpeg

saptae, kathydep, riquita and 2 others like this.
  9. Lovely color. I love the Herbag, I can carry to work, or anywhere, very casual. I don't have to worry about scratches... which I obsess over with my other bags while to and from, to and from school, to and from grocery shopping.. kid friendly too. Enjoy.
    I am looking at inserts as well, but the canvas is pretty sturdy. I have a Herbag Ado as well, and is great to use on ski trips. Love it more than other backpacks... it's unique, as well.

Alivia likes this.
  10. Hello everyone,
    I have a question (may be a stupid one): can we order extra canvas body for the Herbag from Hermes store?
    Has anyone ever tried to dye the canvas body of your Herbag ?
    I want to change the colour of the canvas of my Herbag zip 39, which I have been used for a while and the colour is a little bit faded at the base with dirt. I afraid that re-dye process may harm the canvas and destroy the structure of it..
    please share with me if you have any previous experiences regarding this issue. Thank you

11. ^^^

I didn't know about dying the canvas. But I saw the canvas bags sold on eBay when I was looking for a complete herbag set. They're probably not brand new, but maybe, as the bag I found was in brand new condition so it's very possible.

12. Thank you for your advices. eBay is indeed a very good source for hunting a used herbag or the canvas. However the colour that I want is quite rare, which is burgundy, so I am thinking of dyeing the canvas. I will check with the Hermes store in Melbourne and update the information if you need it.
    By the way, these are few photos of my Herbags. One is all black and other is blue jeans with rogue trap. I love them and especially I love the way how we can transform them into new looks, new shapes everyday! I love playing transformation game with my Herbag, if anyone has any different ideas of transforming the Herbag, please share!
    IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG

13. Does anyone know what is the name of this color Herbag seen on Kim Kardashian?

herbag.JPG
    Cams likes this.
  14. I use an acrylic base that i bought for one of my Chanel bags but fits perfectly in this herbag to prevent sagging.

15. The hunter leather looks quite light also unless its the lighting? I haven't seen a Herbag zip with such a light hunter leather. The colour looks like Tabac Camel though...