Hermes Herbag Questions, Please.

mmeira

Jan 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

I´m considering to get a Herbag and I´m reading/watching about it as much as I can before I make my decision. For those who have it, could you please share your thoughts on:

- Is it a good bag to wear during fall/winter (considering rain and snow)?
- What is the current price range for the size 31 here in Europe? I´m in Germany and have been checking the German website and it´s not available in there.

TIA

deebeept

Jul 25, 2022
I'm envious, my SA said these are sold out but clearly not! (May I ask if you're in US?). That being said I do agree this is more summer statement bag (well spring fall would work too) and would look amazing with jeans and T shirt etc, so I think you'd find uses for it as long as you aren't big on being a "minimalist " in theory.
Depends on your relationship. My Uk SA shows me everything, in Portugal super snobby and nothing is ever in stock… surprised they can keep the store open

Lifebyms

Jul 19, 2022
I removed the long strap on my new Herbag, i hate it... BUT, i would like to buy a strap that i could just hook on the rod if i need it. I was looking at "Bagstrapcollection" on Etsy, but i don´t know which hook to get on the strap for it to work.

Did any of you get a "new" strap for your Herbag? Please share! :smile:

Reactions: Naynaykilla

hermesgeek

May 3, 2020
Hello!

Does anyone know any history/story behind the herbag? when it was first introduced? How it was named, inspiration behind its design/function, etc..? I have one from 2001 but it’s the 50cm, I can’t recall if that time it already came with the sizes 31, 39, etc.. basing it from online research the oldest I can see’s from 1998. I’ve been just admiring this bag since I used it again after ages for a weekend trip a couple days ago. Thank you so much!

Naynaykilla

Mar 5, 2020
I removed the long strap on my new Herbag, i hate it... BUT, i would like to buy a strap that i could just hook on the rod if i need it. I was looking at "Bagstrapcollection" on Etsy, but i don´t know which hook to get on the strap for it to work.

Did any of you get a "new" strap for your Herbag? Please share! :smile:
If you ask her she’ll tell you which hook works for which bag. I have purchased several from her and all very good quality

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Is it easier to get a Herbag in Paris? It's always unavailable on the US website. I don't go to Hermes often and I don't have an SA. Should I just try my luck when I'm in Paris? Any tips/suggestions please.
You need an appt, now mainly by lottery, for a bag in Paris. Keep trying online or find a boutique closest to you and ask.

Reactions: lxrac