Hermes Herbag Hardware Question; can I order a new one of these?

Mar 21, 2007
New England;Southern NH
I have a Herbag and need to re-order/find a piece of hardware that got lost. It's the short (maybe 2") strap like piece of leather (with a clasp on) that secures the back of the bag on the cylinder. Does this make sense? Does anyone know if can I get this part replaced? I have no idea of the name of the part in question - anybody know what this piece is called? I can call or visit a store, but I want to educate myself about the part I need, so I'll sound at leaft half-educated, LOL.

You can see it in this ebay auction... picture 15 (row 8, left picture)

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-HERME...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for your help in advance.
:search:
JLB

MattNY

Jul 10, 2008
I have a Herbag and need to re-order/find a piece of hardware that got lost. It's the short (maybe 2") strap like piece of leather (with a clasp on) that secures the back of the bag on the cylinder. Does this make sense? Does anyone know if can I get this part replaced? I have no idea of the name of the part in question - anybody know what this piece is called? I can call or visit a store, but I want to educate myself about the part I need, so I'll sound at leaft half-educated, LOL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-HERME...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

JLB
Your description is fine. I have not got the thing you describe for my herbag either. Claude at Madison Ave told me he has replacements (I recently had my bag with him for cleaning), but I am waiting for him to get back from vacation to speak to him about it again.

If you are in the US but not in NY, why don't you PM me, and once I have gone in (it will be Sept 8 week now as I am away next week) I will let you know the outcome and then you can call Madison to speak to Claude yourself.

In the meantime, I discovered that if you cut up a small piece of cardboard to fit it will work fine temporarily to fulfil the same role (ie. stopping the back of the bag from "flopping" on the clasp).

dianahuang

HERMES addicts
Feb 22, 2011
Indonesia
web.stagram.com

JLB
i lost mine too...it called "stopper"...anyone know where can i find it? thanks :smile: