Hermes H CLIC CLAC bracelets

EXTREMELY disappointed in Hermes Customer Service!!! I was so upset today on the phone with them that I had to pull over on the side of the interstate and calm down before getting to work!!! I ordered my first Clic bracelet a couple of weeks ago, not knowing if it would fit my wrist or not. I received the bracelet and noticed a small chip in the enamel, I will post a picture. I went ahead and tried it on to see how the size would be and it was very snug, not a comfortable fit. I then decided to return it, but did not want them to think I had damaged it, so I called to tell them the problem. I thought it was odd that they wanted to send it through their people in Paris and would get back to me when I simply wanted to return the bracelet since it did not fit. I finally waited several days and called back to see what was going on. The associate on the phone let me know that it would take quite a while but they would send the enamel to repair the bracelet, she said she could expedite the repair and I would get the enamel pieces in August. I let her know that I would really rather a return and refund since my wrist is too big anyway. She sent me a return label and said it would take up to ten days to see the refund on my AmEx account. Fast forward to today (the package has already left with FedEx yesterday) when I receive a call from Hermes in NY notifying me that the bracelet cannot be returned but they will offer a complimentary repair. I called back and was then transfered to the manager handling my case and was told that I could return it for repair. I let her know it does not fit and I was returning it already for a refund and she said that they will NOT refund my money. I proceeded to tell her they were making me feel like I was lying about receiving damaged goods to which she responded how excellent their quality control is. I AM LIVID!!!!!! I have contacted AmEx who could not believe how rude they were at Hermes and they have opened a complaint so I should know in a month what is going to happen. In the meantime, Hermes should be receiving the damgaged bracelet THEY SENT TO ME and will not take back. I asked her what I'm supposed to do with a $600 bracelet that does not even fit. I have NEVER had a problem like this with any other company and I am so disappointed. Has anyone else had something like this happen? What did you do?????
Do you have a store close to you that you can go into? I would just take it there and return it. I can't believe that you received a damaged bracelet and they wouldn't let you return it, but only offered to send it in for repair? I've only returned a small scarf and there was no problem with that. I've exchanged things that I received from the website in the store for other items due to color or design I don't like. I never had a problem. You received a damaged item and they should just let you return it, not offer to send it away for months to get fixed. I have read people receiving scarfs with a snag or imperfection and people seem to return them with no problem. I wonder why they wouldn't return yours?

EXTREMELY disappointed in Hermes Customer Service!!! I was so upset today on the phone with them that I had to pull over on the side of the interstate and calm down before getting to work!!! I ordered my first Clic bracelet a couple of weeks ago, not knowing if it would fit my wrist or not. I received the bracelet and noticed a small chip in the enamel, I will post a picture. I went ahead and tried it on to see how the size would be and it was very snug, not a comfortable fit. I then decided to return it, but did not want them to think I had damaged it, so I called to tell them the problem. I thought it was odd that they wanted to send it through their people in Paris and would get back to me when I simply wanted to return the bracelet since it did not fit. I finally waited several days and called back to see what was going on. The associate on the phone let me know that it would take quite a while but they would send the enamel to repair the bracelet, she said she could expedite the repair and I would get the enamel pieces in August. I let her know that I would really rather a return and refund since my wrist is too big anyway. She sent me a return label and said it would take up to ten days to see the refund on my AmEx account. Fast forward to today (the package has already left with FedEx yesterday) when I receive a call from Hermes in NY notifying me that the bracelet cannot be returned but they will offer a complimentary repair. I called back and was then transfered to the manager handling my case and was told that I could return it for repair. I let her know it does not fit and I was returning it already for a refund and she said that they will NOT refund my money. I proceeded to tell her they were making me feel like I was lying about receiving damaged goods to which she responded how excellent their quality control is. I AM LIVID!!!!!! I have contacted AmEx who could not believe how rude they were at Hermes and they have opened a complaint so I should know in a month what is going to happen. In the meantime, Hermes should be receiving the damgaged bracelet THEY SENT TO ME and will not take back. I asked her what I'm supposed to do with a $600 bracelet that does not even fit. I have NEVER had a problem like this with any other company and I am so disappointed. Has anyone else had something like this happen? What did you do?????
Wow, that is a bad chip, I can't believe that would pass quality control. Did the bracelet have the protective plastic on the hardware? Was it in mint condition otherwise? How much time passed between when you received the bracelet and when you contacted customer service?

Sorry for all the questions, and for your experience. I hope it gets resolved smoothly.

Agree with @smallfry the chip is bad and very obvious. It is questionable if the item is new and return is not allowed.
Please let us know the outcome and hope the issue will resolve amicably.

Reactions: Glykia
Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice. I purchased a clic bracelet at the Toronto sale this spring and just recently took it out to wear. When I took off the cling film on the band I noticed that the color of the metal on the "H" and the band don't match. The H is definitely yellow gold but the band is rose gold. I only have silver clic bracelets so I don't have anything to compare to but when I look on the website the rose gold definitely have a rose gold H and the same for yellow gold.
I'm hoping someone has some advise on what my options are before I bother with the almost 2hr drive to Toronto. Will Hermes repair this for me since it was purchased at sale and is marked as so?
Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• 20180808_130637.jpg
    20180808_130637.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,157
Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone can give me a bit of advice. I purchased a clic bracelet at the Toronto sale this spring and just recently took it out to wear. When I took off the cling film on the band I noticed that the color of the metal on the "H" and the band don't match. The H is definitely yellow gold but the band is rose gold. I only have silver clic bracelets so I don't have anything to compare to but when I look on the website the rose gold definitely have a rose gold H and the same for yellow gold.
I'm hoping someone has some advise on what my options are before I bother with the almost 2hr drive to Toronto. Will Hermes repair this for me since it was purchased at sale and is marked as so?
Thanks for any advice!
I took a quick look at mine and it appears the H is held on by a screw. So it may be a quick fix.

Now whether they will do that for you is a different matter, since it was a 'sale' item. I know the sale was held/billed by a different company as per my receipt, with no exchanges or refunds allowed. Probably best to call and ask before driving down. That sucks though. The gold is very yellow but in that lighting and rush, the mixed metals would not have been too noticeable.

Do you have a good relationship with the store?

I took a quick look at mine and it appears the H is held on by a screw. So it may be a quick fix.

Now whether they will do that for you is a different matter, since it was a 'sale' item. I know the sale was held/billed by a different company as per my receipt, with no exchanges or refunds allowed. Probably best to call and ask before driving down. That sucks though. The gold is very yellow but in that lighting and rush, the mixed metals would not have been too noticeable.

Do you have a good relationship with the store?
Thanks for the fast reply!
I haven't shopped in store in Toronto in years. We moved and when I come back to shop I usually go to Yorkdale since it's right off the highway and easier to get to than Bloor St. All my Hermes purchases have been online or thru the help of customer service.
I've been looking at a couple scarves, maybe I'll just have them shipped to store and make a day of it.
I hope they can help me. It's not immediately noticeable in regular lighting but I can't stack with anything YG. I thought about just selling it but I wouldnt feel right not pointing it out and I also probably wouldn't buy it that way.

Wow, that is a bad chip, I can't believe that would pass quality control. Did the bracelet have the protective plastic on the hardware? Was it in mint condition otherwise? How much time passed between when you received the bracelet and when you contacted customer service?

Sorry for all the questions, and for your experience. I hope it gets resolved smoothly.

I opened it the day I received it, took it out of the packaging, looked at it and saw the imperfection, took a picture, tried it on to see if it would fit my wrist (it was way too snug), put it back in package, and waited until the next business day to call and tell them what happened. There was no protective plastic on the "H" or on the enamel....the inside had a label on it I believe. I did not take off any plastic or labels. Otherwise, it was in mint condition.....If the bracelet had fit I would have glady accepted an exchange or repair because that is why I ordered it to begin with...I really wanted it!!!!

I opened it the day I received it, took it out of the packaging, looked at it and saw the imperfection, took a picture, tried it on to see if it would fit my wrist (it was way too snug), put it back in package, and waited until the next business day to call and tell them what happened. There was no protective plastic on the "H" or on the enamel....the inside had a label on it I believe. I did not take off any plastic or labels. Otherwise, it was in mint condition.....If the bracelet had fit I would have glady accepted an exchange or repair because that is why I ordered it to begin with...I really wanted it!!!!
I wonder if you got a store display or a return? In addition to that inside label, there should be protective plastic on the H clasp and on the back of the bracelet (only on the metal, there's never plastic on the enamel).

I hope it gets resolved smoothly for you, Glykia!

Hi guys,

Purchase my first Clic Clac preloved with the Rosegold in Vert Aqua.

From anyone who has the Rosegold, is it normal to tarnish a little into gold? The H on mine definitely has more of a yellow gold hue or am I going cross eyed?

IMG_6146.jpg
IMG_6140.jpg
IMG_6137.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Adaleine
Hi guys,

Purchase my first Clic Clac preloved with the Rosegold in Vert Aqua.

From anyone who has the Rosegold, is it normal to tarnish a little into gold? The H on mine definitely has more of a yellow gold hue or am I going cross eyed?

View attachment 4157747
View attachment 4157748
View attachment 4157749
Try rubbing it with a jewellery cloth. It should go away. I have a SO Constance with rghw had some tarnish the first time I took the plastic cover off but the jewellery cloth did the trick.

Try rubbing it with a jewellery cloth. It should go away. I have a SO Constance with rghw had some tarnish the first time I took the plastic cover off but the jewellery cloth did the trick.

Thank you. I’m looking for my jewellery cloth but til then I’ve polished with the sunglasses cloth and it still hadn’t made a difference. Hopefully the jewellery cloth will do the trick [emoji4]

I wonder if you got a store display or a return? In addition to that inside label, there should be protective plastic on the H clasp and on the back of the bracelet (only on the metal, there's never plastic on the enamel).

I hope it gets resolved smoothly for you, Glykia!
Just wanted to let everyone know that I received a call from Hermes and they apologized and let me know they received my return and upon further inspection realized it was brand new, unworn condition except for the "nick" in the enamel. They are refunding me and it should go through in the next couple of days and then I will let AmEx know to cancel the dispute. Thank you to everyone for your feedback!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received a call from Hermes and they apologized and let me know they received my return and upon further inspection realized it was brand new, unworn condition except for the "nick" in the enamel. They are refunding me and it should go through in the next couple of days and then I will let AmEx know to cancel the dispute. Thank you to everyone for your feedback!
Glad they realised it's their mistake! Happy for u after all these hassel and trouble [emoji5]