Hermes Gold Kelly Sellier Togo 35 PHW with or without canvas strap?

Rosebud_7 my intention of the canvas strap is for cross body use, like you said! especially if I need to carry the bag for extended time :smile:
Amacasa, yea, post up the photos! :smile: I wanna see how clashed colours/hardware will look like!
Anyway thanks guys for the comments :smile: I haven't yet travelled with a Kelly sellier bag + canvas strap, will try it out and see how practical this is (sellier Kelly is quite boxy and being a 35, is quite large to carry around during traveling, but I could put so much in the bag!)

Hello again ... Yup enjoy your size 35...
Since marvel is here perfect timing to let you know that we have a big sister K40 that we both adore :smile:

Marvel didn't know yours came with an amazone strap ....
Was just looking up the exact lookalike on mautto per chinchacs advice and I think # 8 is closest .... no?
Please post post your etain with amazone
I am now dying to see :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 884
Since marvel is here perfect timing to let you know that we have a big sister K40 that we both adore :smile:

Was just looking up the exact lookalike on mautto per chinchacs advice and I think # 8 is closest .... no?

Hi dear Amacasa! Hope you are well, my friend. Yes, mine is an Amazone Kelly. Love the canvas strap since she is a bit bigger and it provides so much comfort. Could have taken a GT or BBK with the thinner leather strap but wanted Etain and the casual chic uniqueness of the canvas strap. Per your request, I've tried to upload pics but the site is having problems. As soon as it will let me, I will though. :hugs:

OK, Amacasa! I finally figured out what was causing my issues with uploading...so, now we are good to go! Following are a few pics of my Etain Amazone Kelly. I hope you like her and that it helps you find a suitable canvas strap for yours too!

Attachments

• IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 3,084
  • IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 761
no no i do this i love my kellys with E straps i do wear my kellys but i even match them. example kiwi Evelyne strap on a blue jean Kelly and it looks pretty cool !!!!!!!!!!

[lovely ! Thanks dear!!!

I think straps 6,8 ,7 and 10 are the most promising colors so far...

Will probably go for 25 inch !
How long is your amazone strap ?
Thanks Marvelgirl for putting up with me !!! You are an awesome lady!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours !!!!
QUOTE=MarvelGirl;29588925]OK, Amacasa! I finally figured out what was causing my issues with uploading...so, now we are good to go! Following are a few pics of my Etain Amazone Kelly. I hope you like her and that it helps you find a suitable canvas strap for yours too![/QUOTE]

[lovely ! Thanks dear!!!

I think straps 6,8 ,7 and 10 are the most promising colors so far...

Will probably go for 25 inch !
How long is your amazone strap ?
Thanks Marvelgirl for putting up with me !!! You are an awesome lady!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours !!!!

You're most welcome, dear! My pleasure - happy to help! I do like the straps you are considering and feel any of them would probably work well. As for the length of the strap, mine is not too long. Probably 25cm since I can't wear it cross body. For the K40, the strap is shorter than for the K35s and smaller sizes and hits right at/slightly above my hip. I'm pretty tall at 5"9' though. Love it! Love it! Love it!

You are awesome too! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! :xtree::santawave::heart:

I know this thread is older, but I could not find a newer thread related to this topic and did not want to start a new one.

For those still looking for a canvas strap for their Kelly or Evelyn and do not want to Special Order it and wait a year, I found out today by phone that the Cuff's Clothing Hermes and San Diego Hermes both have 1 Gold Canvas and Leather Adjustable Strap with PHW (meant for the evelyn bag but it will work for the kelly as mentioned in this thread). Unfortunately, the US price is $1000 for the canvas strap! I was told over the phone that it will be around $1200-1500 for a leather strap to be made for my Kelly and I could not SO a canvas strap for my Kelly, But I can buy a canvas strap if a store already has it from someone's unwanted special order.

I was just at FSH in Paris and should have asked if there were extra straps people did not pick up laying around for me to purchase but I didn't know I would be picking up a Vintage Kelly until I came back home.

I read on featherfactor.com that she got her SO straps in 2014 for around $400-500 . I am not sure why the price is so high now. I am still continuing my search for an Hermes canvas strap that's more affordable thant 1000. I might just have to get an Evelyn for the strap and to have a casual bag to use.

Sounds about right I was quoted $900 CDN just over a year and a half ago now to replace an evie strap with the newer adjustable strap. Think that was fairly close to the evie price when I bought it in 2003. [emoji848]

Last edited:
Reactions: springsmash
I do and never really cared much for the hardware.. Have a gold HW BBK but a canvas strap with palladium...:P
And you can do a canvas strap with your kelly IMHO anywhere and everywhere....

I shall post some photos later ....

Amacasa, your post is from a year ago but I was wondering if you had photos of your contrasting hardware combo between bag and strap! Anyone else that has contrasting strap to bag photos please share your lovely bags too!

I would love to see it because like the OP, I decided to just buy an Evelyne for its strap since I learned today from Hermes that a canvas strap is already $1000 from the store and I found a great deal on a gently loved 2016 Evelyne TPM for not much more than the cost of a new canvas strap - I like the crossbody strap length and don't mind that a TPM strap is not adjustable.

My Kelly 35 is Black Adrennes with GHW and the Evelyn TPM strap will be Blue Atoll with Palladium HW. I think it will make the bag look more fun and playful with the pop of color. I just don't know exactly how it will look like until I get the strap in and I want to see how others have rocked their mismatched strap to bag. I too do not mind contrasting hardware at all, I wear a rose gold rivale double tour , a ghw behapi , and a phw kelly dog all on the same arm/hand. I love breaking "fashion rules".

I did some calling around all of America and thought I would like to share some Kelly Straps I found for sale.
I have already posted that I found two places that have a replacement adjustable Evelyne strap in Gold canvas/ leather with PHW for $1000 - Cuff's Clothing in Ohio and the San Diego, CA Hermes. This Evelyne replacement strap would work for a Kelly and it Is adjustable but the price is high.

I have now found 3 Kelly Canvas Strap for sale from a Hermes Store . They are leftover special orders that people never picked up.
-Orange canvas with togo one for $900 <-- I don't know why this one is more expensive
-Light grey with togo leather $530
-Etoupe?( this is a guess from the photo) with swift leather for $530
All 3 have palladium hardware and are 35" long
$530 is more in line with the price that Featherfactor.com said her special order Kelly canvas strap cost ($400 in 2014)

I am deciding between the light grey or etoupe or to wait for a GHW canvas strap to be made for me. I will post a photo of my Vintage Kelly 35 Adrennes GHW later this week to see what you guys think will look good with it! I would be clashing GHW with PHW if I pick up a ready made strap.

I have the grey and etoupe two on hold right now until I can stop by in two weeks. But since I don't know if I even will pick any up, I thought it would be nice to share this rare find since it has been reported here that it takes over a year to get these straps special ordered and made.

If you are interested in the Kelly canvas strap, PM me for the contact person at this Hermes and photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBC