Hermes Geta Thread

Thank you so much, so relived you said that.

I just fell in love with the Geta the minute I saw it and waited just like you for a a very long time to get one. My SA just told me there was a surprise and even though I was hoping for a darker colour I couldn't say no.
I absolutely love it!! I'm waiting for a Constance on my wishlist and kind of regretting my choice now that I have this one.
Would you say a Constance will still find its purpose?

Wife uses Geta and her Cs constantly. No problem with rotation.

Reactions: showgratitude
A Constance can definitely fill a need that’s different from the Geta. I find the Geta reads more casual and relaxed with its wider canvas strap. Since you have the Geta in such a fun bright color, hopefully your Constance offer will be in one of their beautiful neutrals

A Constance can definitely fill a need that’s different from the Geta. I find the Geta reads more casual and relaxed with its wider canvas strap. Since you have the Geta in such a fun bright color, hopefully your Constance offer will be in one of their beautiful neutrals
yes that's exactly what I am hoping for. My wishlist is for a a darker more neutral colour, vert de Gris would be a dream.
I know people don't really like the wide strap on the Geta, but I can confirm as a very petite with very small shoulder person, it doesn't look weird at all. It actually looks really stylish as a shoulder bag.

When I tried it on in store I actually got so many compliment and many clients started to enquire about the bag.

Reactions: Allthingsbeautiful
Same! It's the one I most frequently reach for for an everyday bag when out running around.
Yes exactly and it looks really good as a shoulder bag if you put the strap very short!

I used to fight with my picotin, trying to convince myself it was the perfect everyday day bag when not wanting to wear and B or K. I sold the picotin straight away after getting the Geta and never want to have one again. No disrespect to all Picotin lovers :smile: i did try to love it haha

I got to try one on and play around with it. The strap was a dealbreaker. It was super comfortable but it took me maybe 20 minutes to even get the strap at a setting and then it didn't lay flat at the bottom and bulged in the back. The strap was too complicated and not worth the effort. And I was concerned that there is absolutely no place to add a different strap or make it handheld or have any options. I'm bummed I had to leave it, because it did fit a lot and was lightweight and the design is very clever, but I decided to pass. Maybe I'll regret it but I couldn't be unsure. I was in the Las Vegas store on vacation and was offered it because someone else that day had already passed on it. No one here ever answered my question so in case others wonder the magnet close is good - it will definitely open if you shake the bag (every time I shook it all my stuff came out) but otherwise it seems to stay put.