Hermes Garden Party or LV Capucines BB

Missy Jny

Dec 7, 2014
Hi everyone! I'm contemplating to get either a garden party etoupe in size 30 or a LV capucines BB in galet. Not sure which one to choose, please let me know you honest thoughts on these 2 bags! Cheers [emoji257]

IMG_1508427766.807683.jpgIMG_1508427781.466917.jpg

Reactions: mi.kay
LV Cap!
I almost bought a GP also in etoupe 30 but passed because of the plainness of the look and the lack of functionality (strap or pockets)
The LV Cap:
  • dressier
  • has a strap and hand held
  • has pockets and organization
  • Looks nice with a twilly if you want to incorporate Hermes
  • overall looks more "designed" versus a basic tote with snap closures

I guess it depends on the purpose of the bag that you are buying. However, without knowing what you'd want to do with the bag and just by aesthetics, I'd go with the LV. I tried an LV Cappucines BB PM and MM and they are well made. My only little nitpick is the lock inside is kind of weird and bulky. But the color, leather and design is really pretty. The strap on the PM is already pretty useful.

I have both bags, and feel that the GP is a casual when you need to carry more kinda style whereas the LV is a more dressed up going out bag, so what kind of bag do you need more? Style wise I would vote for the LV, It's classy and the added strap is a bonus, as for the clasp inside I just leave it undone.

I have considered both of these bags for myself. From a style standpoint, definitely the LV. For a needs-to-hold-everything-but-the-kitchen-sink tote, especially for work, then the GP. I am likely getting GP for a work tote in the spring. I love the look of the LV more, but it is not practical for my current needs.

I've never seen so many people in the H forum vote LV!

Personally I think these bags are too different to compare.
In no way can a GP30 be worn for evening, so if you need evening that is out.
Similarly the Cap BB is too small for work and only holds daily basics.
What do you need a bag for?