Hermes Fsh Spa Gave Me A Dirty Birkin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping that flossy has given you some advice....

I would go back to the store and discuss the bag with the craftsman/woman especially since it's the FSH store.

Your bag looks like Clemence and most likely is if it has such a pronounced slouch.

I don't think they can get dye transfer stains out and I don't think they can completely remove the smiley face your cadena has made.

I'm sure that Hermes craftsmen did the best they could....there are some leathers that refurbish better than others...Box calf being one.

Whenever I leave a bag to be sent to the Spa, I make sure I clean out all my personal belongings.....including the trash. This is just my way of showing respect to the craftsperson who has to work on my bag. But....to each his own.

Is there any question of authenticity? I know for a fact that they won't clean anything if it isn't a true Hermes piece. You mention it was a gift but you also mention paying thousands for it.

Either way - I am sorry for your stress over it.

I understand you are very passionate about this subject. However, the French Craftsmen and women fixing your bag are supposed to touch up leather/hardware, not act as a maid.

discourtious? I think they are being discourtious by not removing it. I paid thousands for a bag- and was going to pay ontop of that to get it cleaned..you think i left it there on purpose?? i forgot about it. I am supposed to clean it before I send it to be cleaned? thats crazy. MAKING A POINT? leaving a clear candy wrapper happens. Its MY bag. I can do anything i want with it. Hermes has no right to tell me what i can and cant leave in my bag. I did not trash my bag and give it to them to clean. but i would assume if they found an old wrapper,tissue,whatever, they would clean it, its not much, imagine taking your car for a wash and they give it back to you without cleaning the ashtrays? are u supposed to clean it out too?

Its very odd. It was sent to the FSH store in paris.
here is picture of of the smiley..i tried to take3 pics of the marks from my jacket on the back but it doesnt show in the pictures.
btw, can anyone confirm this is chevre? or some time of bull? its the slouchiest hermes bag I have.(i do not know the leather because it was given to me as a gift)

About the wrapper, many people are sentimental about things. Also, What if something like a stray scrap of paper had been left in the bag and it looked like trash but actually had an important phone number written on it....

ladies...ladies.. Im not mad about the the clear candy wrap as i am on the outer cleaning. so pls drop the whole candy wrap thing. And why would u think i was treating the craftwoman as a maid? all i wanted was to touch up and clean it..as i do with my chanels,bottegas and other bags. but thanks for clarifying that..haha..u think i came to the boutique..threw it at their faces and asked them to clean it? I,my family have been hermes clients for generations.I'm not new to this. This is however the first time I take any of my hermes to the spa- as all my other 7 birkins and other hermes bags are clean.
This bag was given my mum..who paid top dollars for it...as it was bought from decades..so i dont doubt the authenticity as Cameron Silver is a friend and an Heremes fanatic and would NEVER sell fakes.
maybe its eposm? or maybe whoever ordered this bag wanted it in clemence? and special ordered it?
Hermes would REJECT a bag that was fake. and would not take it in anyway for a whole month to get cleaned. so IT IS NOT A FAKE.

just to end this wrap thing..
this is a pic..its a tiny clear candy wrap with two strands of my long hair..along with some dust...so it was on the cornor of the pocket...not like trash in the middle of the bag..:Push:

Attachments

• insidebag.jpg
    insidebag.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 409
Status
Not open for further replies.