Hermes from recycled products

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
RECYCLE CHIC: Trust Hermès to turn recycling into a luxury pursuit. The French house is launching a collection of objects, ranging from woven leather necklaces to customized Kelly bags, made with leftover pieces of leather and damaged goods. Under the artistic direction of Pascale Mussard, a sixth-generation descendant of the company’s founder, a workshop dubbed “petit h” (or “little h”) brings together seven of the house’s craftsmen with artists to give the objects a second life. Its first collection features creations including a lamp shade made of silk scarves, designed by Adrien Rovero, and a leather statue of a fawn designed by Marjolijn Mandersloot. Priced from 50 euros to 50,000 euros, or $70 to $70,000 at current exchange rates, it will be on sale at the Hermès flagship store at 24 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré in Paris from Nov. 13 to Dec. 4. A second collection will be available in Tokyo and Osaka in May 2011, while the third collection will be sold exclusively in New York and Beverly Hills in October of next year.

from WWD

Wow, I was just reading a website about this written in French and wondering what it is all about. :P

I would love to see them!!!
But unfortunately I won't be in Paris, Tokyo nor New York on those dates...
How sad...

There's already a thread on this and it has been discussed fully darling sorry but maybe the mods will merge or move it because it's pretty pointless to have 2 of them.