Hermes fragrances <3

gitwenty5

O.G.
May 7, 2008
Hi all :tup: i don't own any Hermes bags yet (although I do own an H enamel bangle in sunshine yellow :heart:)...

My man bought me the Eau des Merveilles last night and i :heart: it!
I love the slight peppery smell... its sooo nice and now i'm hooked! anyone else into Hermes fragrances?~

I wear Merveilles exclusively. It's got a great feminine-but-not-flowery smell, and my boyfriend loves it. Brin de Reglisse is another of my favorites but he was not such a fan, so Merveilles it is! The other fragrances I've tried do not really work for me, like Kelly Caleche.

I am a big fan of Jean Claude Ellera. He formulated the most amazing perfume called Eau d'Hiver before he came to H. I keep hoping he will do something similar for H but so far, most of his new scents dont work on me. Merveilles is the only one I really can wear. I even get compliments on it which is nice.

I am a huge fan of Jardin sur Nil, though I wish it would last longer on me...

Seton, did you read the relatively recent book about Jean Claude Elena and Sarah Jessica Parker and the development of Jardin sur Nil and whatever her perfume was called? I think the book is The Perfect Scent - it was a fun read and JC Elena sounds like a very impressive guy. Hope he does big things for H fragrances!!

I am a huge fan of Jardin sur Nil, though I wish it would last longer on me...

Seton, did you read the relatively recent book about Jean Claude Elena and Sarah Jessica Parker and the development of Jardin sur Nil and whatever her perfume was called? I think the book is The Perfect Scent - it was a fun read and JC Elena sounds like a very impressive guy. Hope he does big things for H fragrances!!

which book is this?

seton, JCE is a perfume god (Along with Olivia Giacobetti), i've got L'Eau D'Hiver :heart: Frederic Malle!

But, I love some of his scents for Hermes, especially Vetiver Tonka and Ambre Narguile, I own the Vetiver Tonka, but can't justify a full bottle purchase on Ambre Narguile, because its a very evening-y scent and it isn't very versatile.

I wore Merveilles a lot in late winter, but somehow turned off in spring (or whatever passes as 'spring' here) - I'll revisit it next February. I like Hiris the most, wore it exclusively until I came upon some other stuff - I'm afraid I deserted Hermès, for now at least.
You should also try the Elixir des Merveilles in the winter: great sweet warm "comfort-foody" frag!
Surprisingly I like Ambre Narguilé a lot, although I'm not mad for strong ambers at all - but it's different. A bit like apfelstrudel.
Brin de Reglisse & Osmanthe Yunnan are fantastic too, also Terre d'H. - that's a men's though, but it comes nearest to my resinous incense-y comfort-zone.
Mousson smelt awful on me, but my daughter loves the Nile!

(My absolute favourite is Avignon by CdG, followed by d'Humeur Massacrante and Passage d'Enfer by l'Artisan - I found out later that all were created by Bertrand Duchaufour, I :heart: that guy! If H would ever make a Passage d'Enfer scarf... :love:)

OP: if you like the soft peppery note in the Merveilles, try Poivre Piquant, Piment Brulant and Safran Troublant by l'Artisans - they are lovely!

Last edited:
Passage d'Enfer is by Olivia Giacobetti, who I referred to in my post, and she's one of my! favourites. Avignon is a masterpiece, as are most in the CdG Incense series, I also love Hinoki by CdG, their newest scent.

I've been thinking about it, and Eau D'Orange Vert is fantastic as well, especially when layered with all the products as it really does bring the fragrance out.