Scarves Hermès Autumn/Fall Winter 2018 Scarves

These threads are archived as part of our reference library, therefore please only post scarves on this thread from the season in the title. If you are not sure, please do a search or ask in the ID this scarf thread before you post. :drinks:

Please note: The title of this thread was changed in September 2020 to make the search function easier

These 2 are really tempting me right now. I don’t know which one to pick. Advice? I want something that “ease” into my wardrobe and will get a lot of use out of. How do you guys choose?

b9e77d99a6fc06b953f5ce5ba2c8683e.jpg
3b8af473e016a16a40182e5c82dea569.jpg
I choose by 1) colors / will it flatter my personal coloring, 2) colors / will it go with my wardrobe, 3) design / is it the style "vibe" that I want, 4) how I imagine I'll actually use it, and 5) is it too similar to anything I already own. I considered Serpentine but left it behind because I thought it might not be suitable for frequent wear - the vast expanses of "unadorned" silk will show every little nick. Although that's just my conjecture, maybe someone who owns one can chime in.

I think you are right and it is just taking me a long time to realise it - it’s like a one off piece of art, I doubt I will ever bump into another one being worn which also makes it really cool - thanks!

The price must be a killer, but this is as rare as rare can be in fashion terms. H wave the word 'exclusive' in our faces but screen/laser printed, hand-rolled and sewn hems, beautiful though they are, most scarves are made in their thousands, yours is a textile work of art and 'scarf couture'.

If you can weed your 'standard' future scarf list, it may take time, but you could off-set your exceptionals. (trying to be helpful ;) )

FTM I am still amassing reissued designs I've admired but do not have and a few new, personally significant designs. I think the time is soon, I'd like to s l o w right down and be ready for an exceptional (officially named or not).

These 2 are really tempting me right now. I don’t know which one to pick. Advice? I want something that “ease” into my wardrobe and will get a lot of use out of. How do you guys choose?

b9e77d99a6fc06b953f5ce5ba2c8683e.jpg
3b8af473e016a16a40182e5c82dea569.jpg
Both are beautiful! Which one do you think you would wear the most? Which goes with your wardrobe the best? In answer to your question, "How do we choose?" We don't. We buy both! (Insert smiley face with tongue sticking out here.) (Maybe not all at once, but many of us buy throughout the season. Spread out the expenses that way. I am thankful to have a spring birthday, so that my Christmas gifts are usually fall silks and my birthday always involves a scarf from the spring collection. The other thing to note is that the season will stay for a full year, so unless there is a specific color of one pattern that you have to have, because they will sell out, you can always wait awhile to decide and then buy.) Hope this helps!

"II'm thinking of buying a warm color scarf to suit my skintone, preferably for warmer weather too, but for the life of me cannot decide on one. I also want this to be something that I can wear casually and frequently. Something understated, and elegant. Arhh...... " GRANDE LATTE

@Grande Latte Grand Menage is probably the warmer but if the 'white' in Serpentine is the usual off-white rather than stark white you should OK with that one too as the pink is a light warm pink.

Serpentine gets my vote because it doesn't look like anything else.
+ 1. When I first saw Serpentine I thought it was a bit silly with the tiny horse and all the empty space. Even at the event in NYC I didn't get it. Then I finally saw it tied, and especially in the black CW which I think @BBC also has, I get it! It's different and very cool and now I want one.

The price must be a killer, but this is as rare as rare can be in fashion terms. H wave the word 'exclusive' in our faces but screen/laser printed, hand-rolled and sewn hems, beautiful though they are, most scarves are made in their thousands, yours is a textile work of art and 'scarf couture'.

If you can weed your 'standard' future scarf list, it may take time, but you could off-set your exceptionals. (trying to be helpful ;) )

FTM I am still amassing reissued designs I've admired but do not have and a few new, personally significant designs. I think the time is soon, I'd like to s l o w right down and be ready for an exceptional (officially named or not).

I understand exactly what you are saying.....sometimes an “exceptional” is through the eyes of the beholder - I felt that way when I spent years searching for the black and yellow Magic Kelly 90 and then one day it fell into my lap.....that scarf is exceptional to me for the fact that I searched for it like a golden ticket [emoji94]

Ugh, stop enabling! [emoji8] My boutique has an exceptional and I just die whenever I see it.....OMG gorgeous, I’m trying not to justify it!!!!

+ 1. When I first saw Serpentine I thought it was a bit silly with the tiny horse and all the empty space. Even at the event in NYC I didn't get it. Then I finally saw it tied, and especially in the black CW which I think @BBC also has, I get it! It's different and very cool and now I want one.

It’s a pretty cool design....definitely the opposite of busy!

Reactions: momasaurus
This is my first cashmere exceptional, I am due to pickup a silk one in few weeks and I now wonder if I will wear this as much as I know I will wear the silk?
Let it go if you are really so unsure. I agree with @papertiger that it would be a no-brainer for us. There was just one CLF exceptional delivered to my H but my dear SA was off that day and some lucky person snapped it up. C'est la vie!
If you don't think you'll wear it much, and you are getting a silk exceptional soon, then the potential regret factor is probably low.

Reactions: dublineuse
I understand exactly what you are saying.....sometimes an “exceptional” is through the eyes of the beholder - I felt that way when I spent years searching for the black and yellow Magic Kelly 90 and then one day it fell into my lap.....that scarf is exceptional to me for the fact that I searched for it like a golden ticket [emoji94]

So true

Reactions: Aileenlnbh
Ugh, stop enabling! [emoji8] My boutique has an exceptional and I just die whenever I see it.....OMG gorgeous, I’m trying not to justify it!!!!

I have admired some real beauties but there are actually only very few exceptionals I would like to own personally, there was actually one I had to return as I just didn't know how or who could clean it.

But once someone hit 50, 60, 100 scarves, all gorgeous and everyday, night and in-between, why not go for something that is basically textile history.

Anyway AW18 had 2 of the best exceptionals ever (IMHO :P )

I have admired some real beauties but there are actually only very few exceptionals I would like to own personally, there was actually one I had to return as I just didn't know how or who could clean it.

But once someone hit 50, 60, 100 scarves, all gorgeous and everyday, night and in-between, why not go for something that is basically textile history.

Anyway AW18 had 2 of the best exceptionals ever (IMHO :P )

Thanks....I think!!! [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

Reactions: papertiger