Hermes F/W 2007

I LOVE those little hats, though if I wore one I'd end up looking like MR. McFeely from Mr. Rogers.
mr_mcfeely.jpg

LOL!!!! E, You're tooooo funny !

From Vogue

HERMESIF Jean Paul Gaultier has anything to do with it, you know you'll come out of a show happy. His latest Hermes collection this morning, in the beautiful old Theatre du Chatelet, began with a revving motorbike at the head of the runway. Then Francoise Hardy took over the soundtrack and all that we know and love about Gaultier's France came stomping down the catwalk. It was elegant, chi chi, Parisian chic with plenty of the designer's good-time-bad-boy spirit mixed with the luxury that is Hermes. Crocodile leather biker jackets, some boasting over-sized fur collars, block-heeled boots that came over the knee, cap-sleeved leather tunic dresses, sexy cable knit pencil skirts and others in grey wool whose hems flipped about in wide pleats around the knee – it was smart but energetic, formal and sassy at the same time. There was a powerful, masculine appeal to Gestapo leather coats and rakish velvet jackets worn with crisp-high collared white shirts and leggings tucked into boots – no shrinking violets can wear Gaultier's Hermes - this is a look for authoritative fashion experts as confident in their style as in the depth of the bank accounts they play with. Brown leather suits worn with huge cashmere coats propped on the shoulders had a ringmaster feel about them, while one slippery silk jersey dress with a wide sashed waist was a moment of seduction. Hermes bags, if anything will, might break down the love of bigger-is-better next season – the latest ones are long and narrow in green, white or brown leather or, even better, clutches that double as muffs and come in sheepskin-lined tweed or crocodile leather to match the suit or strapless, full-skirted dress they are worn with. Fair Isle knit dresses in warm orange, red and brown clashed somehow with the mood, but Gaultier's swathes of grey skirt under pale tan leather bombers and diva-esque halter-neck black velvet or gold lamé robes proved these were women Born To Be Wild - and rich. (March 3 2007, AM)

Thanks, GF! You're the best. But what are they supposed to be? In one of of the other runway photos, I thought I saw it being used as a belt/sash. It looks like silk and chain ... I'm puzzled. Maybe I'm just unimaginative :confused1:

I also saw it used as a sash...whatever it is.....I want one!