Hermes evelyne tpm strap question!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies, I just wanna start off by saying that I don't know much about Hermes in general because everything seems to be out of my budget!

Recently though after seeing it on someone, I've been lusting after the evelyne bag in mini size..and have been looking at second hand options.

What I've been confused about is that some of the second hand evelyne minis come with an adjustable, single coloured canvas strap and some come with a non adjustable double coloured strap..I'm confused and I can't find anything "official"!

Can any ladies who are in the know help me out? Thank you so much!

2. My guess is people are swapping out straps?

3. #3 Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    The mini evelyne has come in several strap variations; single color (same as bag), single color (different than bag), Multicolor stripes, Multicolor reversible, and Multicolor zigzag, come to mind. The older models also had a leather strap, rather than the current canvas one, and were non removable. I do not however, believe they have ever come standard with an adjustable strap.

4. Thank you so much for clarifying! :smile:

5. Yes, I was going to add that Evelyne TPM also came with non-removable leather strap in the same color and material, and that is the one I have. I got mine in 2012 from the FSH store in Paris but it has been changed to the removable one in canvas as of 2013, I think.