Hermes Evelyn vs LV Sofia Coppola BB

expatwife

O.G.
Mar 4, 2012
Hello ladies! I need your help!
I need a bag that is not large to run my errands. It needs to be relatively light, crossbody option is a plus.

Now I narrowed it down to Evelyn III PM and LV Sofia Coppola BB. Another option Chanel reissue 226.

Any opinions?
Thanks a lot!

The Sofia Coppola is a beautiful bag and is also really durable however it is a little on the heavy side due to the suede lining. The Evelyne is a lighter, more casual bag IMO :smile:

Is there any way you could post a pic of the SC BB? (I've been out of the LV loop for a while, sorry!)

In terms of the Evelyne, it's a great little bag - super light, travels well and has an outside (back pocket). It comes in a lot of fun colours. And the H leather smell - ahhh, I know of no other leather that smells as intoxicating. It stays pretty open, though, so that may be something to consider. I was never a big fan of the perforated H design but you can always wear it pocket side out if it bugs.

The Chanel would be a good versatile option because you can dress it up or down. The H Evelyne is pretty much always casual.

The Chanel bag is lovely. But if you live in a place with cold weather, the metal chain gets freezing and quite uncomfortable. I learned that the hard way with a Dior bag. I've never owned/held the Sophia Coppola, so I can't give you words of wisdom, but I really like my Evelynes. They are fun, but very casual bags.

Is there any way you could post a pic of the SC BB? (I've been out of the LV loop for a while, sorry!)

In terms of the Evelyne, it's a great little bag - super light, travels well and has an outside (back pocket). It comes in a lot of fun colours. And the H leather smell - ahhh, I know of no other leather that smells as intoxicating. It stays pretty open, though, so that may be something to consider. I was never a big fan of the perforated H design but you can always wear it pocket side out if it bugs.

The Chanel would be a good versatile option because you can dress it up or down. The H Evelyne is pretty much always casual.

I borrowed this picture from LV forum. It's all leather, no logos, beautiful quality.

I do have a reissue in 227, but it's in light color. I am considering 226 in black.

What do you think about this one?
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402401072.986867.jpg

The Chanel bag is lovely. But if you live in a place with cold weather, the metal chain gets freezing and quite uncomfortable. I learned that the hard way with a Dior bag. I've never owned/held the Sophia Coppola, so I can't give you words of wisdom, but I really like my Evelynes. They are fun, but very casual bags.

Right now I live in a warm client, but I don't know if it will change, we move every couple of years.

To be honest, I have a Rouge Garance Evelyn, brand new. I never reach out for it - not sure if it's due to the bag itself or the color. When I travel I need something neutral, so I can wear it with everything.

Normally I am all for H but I would go with LV SC BB this time. I am never a fan of the Evelyn because I don't like unlined bags. The raw side of the leather rubs everything. Don't like Chanel and too dress for running errands.

Thanks for posting a pic! I think that's a great bag, though I have no idea if it's heavy or not. Just eyeballing it, though, of your three choices you could hold the most in that. And like the Chanel bag you could dress it up or down. It's a good medium - not too casual, not too formal.

If weight isn't an issue I would go with the SC bag! Love that you have both the handle and strap option. And love that it's relatively logo-less (but that's just my preference).

Thanks for posting a pic! I think that's a great bag, though I have no idea if it's heavy or not. Just eyeballing it, though, of your three choices you could hold the most in that. And like the Chanel bag you could dress it up or down. It's a good medium - not too casual, not too formal.

If weight isn't an issue I would go with the SC bag! Love that you have both the handle and strap option. And love that it's relatively logo-less (but that's just my preference).

The one I posted is PM size, so it is bigger than BB and it is quite heavy. BB size is petit, but it still fits quite a lot, more than Evelyn or 226 reissue.

I'm glad you like it. I think for what I need it for, this might be the best choice. Decisions, decisions :smile:

I love my Evelyne and hardly ever use my SC. I hate the way the bag folds at the ends when carried on the strap - really poor design. I've also had issues with quality and after having very disagreeable encounters with LV as a result, this is my last ever LV piece.