Hermes Enamel

I have a fair few *blushing*, and let me tell you, they're not frail! Mine have taken a pounding.....the only thing is you mustn't allow them to get wet - a splash when wasking your hands os fine, but a soaking is a no-no for the enamel. it blows my mind that Lindsay Lohan wears hers to the beach! She obviously just paddles around in the shallows..............like all those Hollywood types - LOL!!

Can you elaborate on what happens if wet? Does the enamel pucker or something?

well, I think the enamel piece is only held onto the bracelet by the two metal strips running down the sides (make sense?), so if you got it wet, it migt dislodge or something? My SA didn't really elaborate too much, but it was something along these lines.

I was told the same thing by the SA about not getting it wet - no washing dishes lol!! But I don't baby them at all...Star I hope you get it!! The thin one actually came from our friend shopmom and was my first - I do love how 2 look together in the different sizes - since the 2 I have now are in different metals, I'll have to get another thin with silver I guess!

I'm so glad you posted this thread as I've been meaning to for a while now. I love the enamel bangles and besides my weddingring and very plain earrings they are usually the only jewelry I use. Here are mine, I usually don't wear them like that, just one or two at a time:

Attachments

• Bangle1.jpg
    Bangle1.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 206
  • bangle2.jpg
    bangle2.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 188
  • bangle3.jpg
    bangle3.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 185
  • bangle4.jpg
    bangle4.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 181
I agree with GF, I don't think they are fragile at all. I have seven enamel bracelets, some of which I've had for years. While I am not particularly delicate with my bracelets, I've never had a problem with any of them. I love to stack them and hear them jingle!

In my experience, not frail at all...I wear clic-clacs, as the size and shape work better with my wrist--the palladium is scratched but the enamel is pristine. They've been dropped a few times on hard surfaces and done OK.