Hermes education needed!!!

Lany79

Jul 25, 2007
Hi all! It will be a life time before I am able to afford a birkin but I have become slightly obsessed with them in recent months and spend endless hours on the net finding out information about them! A lot of it gained from here!

I was wondering if you could answer a few questions?

If you want to buy a birkin you have to go on a waiting list that can be a 3 year wait is that correct? Is it impossible just to walk in and buy one then and there?

What is the smallest size and how much would it hold?

Roughly how much does one of these cost?

Thanks in advance

Lany
x

If I can ever afford one I think I would go for the JPG as I really like the shape. AS for colour I have no idea at all!

If you want to buy a birkin you have to go on a waiting list that can be a 3 year wait is that correct? Is it impossible just to walk in and buy one then and there? If you are lucky, you can actually walk into a store and find one on the shelves. Best bet is the mothership on 24 Faubourg, Paris. I find they're easier to find on the shelves now than the last few years.

What is the smallest size and how much would it hold?25cm and IMO it holds quite a bit. As much as anyother type of handbag.

Roughly how much does one of these cost?Last time I saw a 25cm it went for $5600. A 35 cm non-exotic is around $7500 now. 40cm, $8500. All prices in US dollars, pre-tax.

Thanks everyone, is the JPG able to be worn on the shoulder?

Are the SAs in the boutiques really snobby if you want to just go in and have a look and have no intention of buying?

L

Yes the JPG you can wear over your shoulder. It's really big!
How you are being treated at an Hermes boutique depnds on the boutique and the SA you happen to get. It also depends largely on how you approach the whole issue. If you display a genuine interest for the brand, I don't think that anyone would treat you badly. There's nothing wrong with just going in to look. It's a shop, after all ;)