Hermes Dustbags- New Spa Policy?

Jul 14, 2010
Hi everyone,

Can anyone verify whether or not Hermes gives you a new dustbag when you send a bag in for spa treatment?
I know in the past they've done it, but I've read on the forum that they don't do that anymore. Is this the policy for all Hermes boutiques(with spa)?
I'm looking for some updated, current information on this subject.
I am going to buy a vintage bag and it seems it does not come with a dustbag, so I was hoping to take it in for spa and get a dustbag that way.
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Hi everyone,

Can anyone verify whether or not Hermes gives you a new dustbag when you send a bag in for spa treatment?
I know in the past they've done it, but I've read on the forum that they don't do that anymore. Is this the policy for all Hermes boutiques(with spa)?
I'm looking for some updated, current information on this subject.
I am going to buy a vintage bag and it seems it does not come with a dustbag, so I was hoping to take it in for spa and get a dustbag that way.
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!
Sorry I can't help now as my bag is currently at the spa but I was wondering the same thing. Unfortunately I won't get my bag back for awhile (they quoted 12-14 weeks!!!!) but if by some miracle I get it back sooner, I will let you know.

It might depend on the location. I've sent mine to Madison (2 years ago) and gotten a new dust bag, but 2 months ago when I sent it to San Francisco, it came back wrapped in tissue and placed in a large plastic bag.

I have never gotten a dust bag when I spa my bags. I thought they never ever issue new dust bags. I got a dust bag when I spa'd my wallet though.

If they do provide dust bags occasionally, i'm either unlucky or perhaps the SAs keep it as extras for their favoured clients. I am probably just the unluckiest Hermes customer ever.

My Evelyne can back with a used sleeper. I have lots from other spa treatments so wasn't concerned.

The lady ahead of me picked up three large Birkens with crispy new sleepers. Our local H sends everything to Paris. Suspect the sleepers are supplied by the store & it just depends on what is available.

With all things Hermes, I really don't think there is a policy as such in place. They will put whatever is available at the time to protect the bag. If they don't happen to have a suitable dust bag at hand, they will just wrap it in tissue paper or whatever. It's just hit-and-miss luck.

Forgot to add over the years my bags have previously all come back with crisp new sleepers.

To date every time I've left a bag for treatment the sleeper in which I brought it has been given back to me right then and later a new sleeper given when the bag was returned. So it might depend on whither a sleeper was brought in with the bag.

Suspect if your bag came back naked you would get a sleeper if you ask nicely.

First time I sent my bag for spa, it was with an orange H dust bag and came back with the very same one.
Second time, it was with an anonymous white dust bag, and came back with an H dust bag.
The spa was just a general cleaning, so there are no spending limit involved.