hermes double tour cape cod watch or...

lilmonkey

O.G.
Mar 16, 2010
I'm thinking of getting either a Hermes double tour cape cod watch in barenia or a classic stainless steel cartier tank. Although I love the Hermes cape code, the barenia strap will darken over time and the watch itself is allergic to water. The Cartier tank's stainless steel links and face are obviously more resilient to wear and tear but the Hermes watch is sooo dreamy. Any opinions?? :graucho:

I have 4 different straps, which I change up, the barenia one was the first and I haven't worn it long enough but it does have some marks, I think that is inevitable.

I just bought the Tank Francaise in the SS W/Gold and it one of the best buys ever. It goes with everything and is so timeless and classic. So I say Cartier!

I have both (my Cape Cod has a Rouge H Chamonix strap instead of the Barenia, though), and wear both with pretty much the same amount of frequency.

I have to say, though, that if I could only own one, it would be the Cartier. Much more durable (I wear that Panthère when grooming and riding my horse and it wears like iron) and versatile, in my opinion.

Good luck with your decision. :smile: