Hermes - Custom leather jackets?

Manolo just started to make mens shoes, going to be in Boutiques across europe by february :biggrin:! And if you didn't know, he was originally a mens shoe designer for some popular designer (Alexander McQueen and Calvin Klein, I think) - I just think they'll be over priced, and I don't think i'd be prepared to spend about £500 on some red suede shoes, that i'm only going to wear like once a month, when I go into drag. (that's a joke btw, I'm not a creep :P)

And thanks Cynthia, you're one of the first people that i've got to know on tPF, and now I find myself coming on to tPF when I should be doing other things :supacool::heart:

ht_COK_071205_ssh.jpg

Those are the delicious brown croc slippers, that I doubt i'll be getting my hands on.

ht_MEZE_071205_ssh.jpg

Those are the ones that I think I will buy, in the Navy & Stone colour though :smile:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/BeautySecrets/story?id=3965287&page=1 - the website with all of the shizz on them :smile: Other websites have more info, but this one has more pictures :biggrin: :love:

Lol, Leicester is like a second home to me, and yes, I go to london a lot, i'm doing my A-Levels at the moment, and hopefully, i'll get into imperial, and be in london :heart: (I'm part Gujrati, Indian, hence the whole Leicester thing :P)

My parents own property in London, and my Grandma lives in London too, so I frequent London a lot :smile:

How come the boys here are so friendly? :love: I think I'll just cosy in and stay here in this nice safe thread. LOL.

Love the mens Manolos! I especially like the sandals for holiday, though the oxfords in a more subdued color combo like you mentioned would be quite fab as well. Naturally they're overpriced, just as the womens' shoes are, but honestly I'm firmly of the belief that you get what you pay for.
Speaking of shoes, and to get this thread back to Hermes--did you guys know that Hermes actually owns John Lobb shoes? They also own or have controlling interests in Puirforcat silver, and a crystal company, among other things.

Mhm, they own part of John Lobb, it's very confusing, the original John Lobb boutique, in London, that mades bespoke shoes, is still owned by the Lobb family, whereas their mainline shoes, are owned by hermes, or something like that :smile: Becuase the styles that John Lobb have at Harrods, are different to the Hermes mens shoe line :biggrin:!

I also find it funny that Hermes owns some of JPG, as they're about as different as clothes get (RTW wise) atleast imo.

I think most mens shoes aren't overpriced, but the brown croc sandals, for the scarce amount of leather used, are a bit overpriced, I mean not even the whole sole is croc xD

Croc is always a mint, though, because it's hard to work with the skin because of the irregularities in texture, etc. Not only that, but there is a lot of waste on a croc hide since crocs have teeth and bite one another regularly--unlike cows, LOL.

I thought Hermes owned all of John Lobb, but could be wrong! The JPG thing gets me too--though I do see little hints of subversiveness in the RtW collections at Hermes since JPG started collaborating with the company. Examples include leather straps as fixed belts or shoulder detail on cashmere sweaters (sexy!!), actual nonremovable metal necklaces on ladies cashmere sweaterdresses (sexy!!), and a printed silk blouse where part of the pattern looks like raisin colored leather that's been scrunched. That one is especially delicious.
The menswear is still fairly conservative overall with the exception of the crazy candy colored matte croc jackets, LOL.

What about bunnies on ties, must not forget bunnies!
But yeah, you're right, its all a bit sexy, and I like the mens stuff for being a bit conservative, perfect for when I want to look all nice and innocent, jeans and a david and goliath t-shirt that says something silly, like "I was an atheist before I realised I was God" don't really convey that look well (Rofl, I had to look down at my shirt to remember how to spell Atheist)

Quote from wikipedia: Hermès acquired John Lobb in 1976. It took over all operations except for the original John Lobb shoe shop in London. The original, family-owned Lobb still handmakes shoes one pair at a time, while Hermès broadened the reach of the John Lobb brandname through its ready-to-wear line. The production of each pair of John Lobb shoes is so time-consuming that only about 100 pairs of shoes are finished per day.
:smile: - We were both right in certain aspects.

But talking about Hermes menswear, I do remember AW08 styles being a bit more relaxed and extroverted, like Rag&Bone or Marc Jacobs, rather than clean cut classiness, like Versace.

Hahaha, yes it is.

That's interesting info from Wikipedia...which I never trust, normally, but it sounds like someone got it right this time at least!

Hilarious t-shirt!! I know someone who needs one of those, definitely. :lol:

Ahh, drat, it's 5PM (to answer your question in PM) and I have to get going if we're going to eat dinner tonight!