Hermès cuff button- what do you think...

Hello:smile:

I´m thinking to buy Hermès cuff buttons as a present.

I´m looking on the Hermès Homepage and I found some.

Do anyone have experience with cuff buttons from Hermès?
There are some of silver and some "simple"- if you can tell them simple:smile:

Which are better?
I know that silver needs care (you need to clean it).

Or do you mean that I should buy cuff buttons from another brand?

Thank you so much for your answers:biggrin:
Best wishes!

My partner has a pair, and they are wonderful. They and French cuffs add that special touch to a man's dress, even when his sartorial expression is more the disheveled look (like my partner's). I've been with him when he tried on various pairs. I think the simple chaine d'ancre (sp?) are lovely and fortunately simpler to use (being one piece).

H silver ages beautifully. It doesn't tarnish in an ugly way.

My partner has a pair, and they are wonderful. They and French cuffs add that special touch to a man's dress, even when his sartorial expression is more the disheveled look (like my partner's). I've been with him when he tried on various pairs. I think the simple chaine d'ancre (sp?) are lovely and fortunately simpler to use (being one piece).

Hi, thank you so much- that´s sounds great:smile:

Hello:smile:

I´m thinking to buy Hermès cuff buttons as a present.

I´m looking on the Hermès Homepage and I found some.

Do anyone have experience with cuff buttons from Hermès?
There are some of silver and some "simple"- if you can tell them simple:smile:

Which are better?
I know that silver needs care (you need to clean it).

Or do you mean that I should buy cuff buttons from another brand?

Thank you so much for your answers:biggrin:
Best wishes!

They have some beautiful designs.
I would go for sterling silver. The price difference isn't too much and you know sterling will maintain better value.

Go with sterling silver! For the price at least you are getting "fine jewelry" rather than costume [even though H costume pieces are beautiful]. As arabesques said, the chaine d'ancre is a wonderful, understated design and is a true Hermes icon. **She has wonderful style so listening to her recommendations is never a bad idea, btw!** Silver is not difficult to care for; it can tarnish but is very easy to clean and even if left tarnished, it will display a cool, vintage look.

I got a pair of H cufflinks for my DH a few months ago. We both really like them because it's simple and understated but elegant.

We looked at other brands (Tom Ford, McQueen, and Tiffany) and we liked H ones the best. Haven't had them long enough to see how they tarnish but I would imagine I can clean them with silver polishing cloth.

Go with sterling silver! For the price at least you are getting "fine jewelry" rather than costume [even though H costume pieces are beautiful]. As arabesques said, the chaine d'ancre is a wonderful, understated design and is a true Hermes icon. **She has wonderful style so listening to her recommendations is never a bad idea, btw!** Silver is not difficult to care for; it can tarnish but is very easy to clean and even if left tarnished, it will display a cool, vintage look.

Thank you, you are very kind.

:flowers:

Bostonjetset is right—it's like acquiring an elegant piece of jewelry. I've had an H sterling silver necklace for over three years, and I haven't had to polish it yet. Nor the earrings I've had for a year and a half. A patina forms, but not polish—though I imagine that would come if you just left them in the box for a long time.