Hermes Croc Bags

Constance...I don't own one either...maybe we could pool our money together and share the cost? Hee hee I don't feel like I will own one either, but stranger things have happened.

The best Hermes croc, in my opinion, is porosus - the scales are smallest. Marked with an inverted V on the bag.

Niloticus croc is marked on the bags with two dots.

Alligator is marked with a square.

Crocodile bags, when properly stored, can last about 25 years according to the Hermes leather craftsman in NYC.

I had Hermes croc for a while, but switched to ostrich. It is more worry free for me - unfortunately I am not very careful with my bags...

hermeslady said:
Crocodile bags, when properly stored, can last about 25 years according to the Hermes leather craftsman in NYC.

I had Hermes croc for a while, but switched to ostrich. It is more worry free for me - unfortunately I am not very careful with my bags...
Hermeslady, thanks for sharing! Is ostrich more durable & easier to care for as compared to croc ?

I've been thinking alot about getting a Kelly in exotic leather...:huh:

Gigi, Yes, ostrich is very easy to carry and care for. I once spilled an entire bottle of water inside mine, no damage whatsoever. Just poured the water out and toweled out the inside. However, ostrich will absorb spilled oil, so watch out for the EVOO !

hermeslady said:
Gigi, Yes, ostrich is very easy to carry and care for. I once spilled an entire bottle of water inside mine, no damage whatsoever. Just poured the water out and toweled out the inside. However, ostrich will absorb spilled oil, so watch out for the EVOO !
Hermeslady, thanks very much! That is excellent info. :smile:

I ALWAYS carry a bottle of water in my bag...not that I've spilled it in my bag before, but ostrich sounds like a great choice! Thanks again! :amuse:

My SA said that once a client called because she spilled red wine in her ostrich. Hermes said to immediately dab water and some soap. Then, it was completely gone.

Ostrich seems like magic! I'd really love an ostrich.

Greentea said:
Ostrich is really growing on me - I love it in bright colors! Gigi - what color would you get?
I don't know Greentea :biggrin:

I'm thinking a light color, maybe Vert Anis, beige or Gris Torterelle ( not sure if they have ostrich in this color ). I'd like a color that would show the beauty of ostrich leather.

Ohh...i definitely need to sleep over this for months...maybe years :wacko: :lol:

Oooo gigi...So excited to know that you are considering an ostrich Kelly to add to that fabulous collection of yours! I think ostrich looks best in the bright, trendier colours such as fuschia, vert anis, orange and the more classic royal blue. Like greentea, Fuschia is my absolute fav! Actually its the only one I want in Ostrich skin! My SA informed that it is very rare that we get ostrich Hermes bags here. Boo hoo hoo!! Btw, saw your latest addition, the simply classically gorgeous gold Kelly!