Hermes copenhagen

Catheee

Aug 29, 2008
I wonder if i gonna go to copenhagen and buy a birkin bag. For me who is living in norway i get 17% taxfree back, and i think its smart to go there and buy. Does anyone now if they have birkin´s often? Or is someone here living in copenhagen, and can check it out for me?

I don't have info on H in Copenhagen, but please remember the currency conversions as well. Right now 100 DKK is 116 NOK.

And please correct me if I'm wrong, if you want the taxfree return in Denmark you will have to pay taxes when entering Norway again, which is 25%.... ?

ps: I'm norwegian :smile:

I have never seen a Birkin when visiting H in Copenhagen, I assume that most of the time you need to order a Birkin there and then wait for it to get accepted and then later delivered.

I have seen a Kelly and two Kelly flats plus a travel HAC or travel Birkin, not sure which one it was.

Last edited:
I have seen Birkins when visiting H Copenhagen so I guess that you would be able to find one if you are lucky. On the other hand I would guess that the chances of finding one with the "correct" size, hardware, colour and leather are pretty low.

I think it would be better to go to Paris where the chances of finding one are much bigger. Good luck!

Do remember that there might be special rules regarading tax-free shopping with in the Nordic countries. I know that for Norwegians going to Sweden (and Swedes going to Norway) there are speciall rules about Tax refund (making it no idea to do it) and there might be so when it comes to Denmark as well. Paris should be a much better choice for you - also a better sellection.

Thanks for all the answers! I will go there by my self, and buy it. Its not gonna be shipped to me. So i dont think i must pay V.A.T when i come to norway again.

I been thinking about call them and order the one i want, then travel over there when the purse arrived...

Just want to add, that every time I've been in the Oslo store I've seen Birkins on the shelf. Black, Etoupe, Orange Ostrich to name a few. Seen many Kellys as well.

As I do not think you will save money buying from Denmark, the Oslo store may also be a good place to find your dream Birkin.

Also, if you really want to "save money" by buying in a different country, I would suggest the US in dollars, Great Britain in pounds or Paris in euros.

Good luck and hope to see a reveal some day :P

Baggiegirl- Just curious, how much is a 30 and 35 cm birkin in Oslo? Have a friend who goes there regularly and was thinking of asking him to get it for me. BTW, do you happen to know what is the VAT he can claim back since he is not a resident? TIA.

Bagfreak48: That's the thing, I don't remember :confused1: Even though they have the prices inside the displays :shrugs: I may remember a Kelly 35 cm was 48 000 NOK, but I could also be totally wrong... Omg I'm hopeless! The VAT in Norway is 25%, I do not know how much or how the whole tax-free thing works.

I've seen one Birkin there: 35 cm etoupe togo (or clemence, can't remember) with palladium hardware

While Kat and I love our store, I think you should go to Paris for a better chance of scoring a Birkin you like.

I felt that the Copenhagen store had extremely limited inventory (like nothing) when I was there two years ago. Personally, I'd go to the mothership in Paris! Good luck!!!

Bump! Sorry didn't see recent threads. Any updates on inventory on this store? What hotels are by h? Rather, ehat neighborhood is it in? Yes, I plan travel around H! Hoping to find a CDC in black GHW or White GHW...have visited many places and no one ever has one (for me, at least).

How is the Eur or USD conversion to DKK? Is it still true that Copenhagen is more expensive than H on the continent? Is there an airport store? Which terminal? Thanks fellow H-lovers!

Bump! Sorry didn't see recent threads. Any updates on inventory on this store? What hotels are by h? Rather, ehat neighborhood is it in? Yes, I plan travel around H! Hoping to find a CDC in black GHW or White GHW...have visited many places and no one ever has one (for me, at least).

How is the Eur or USD conversion to DKK? Is it still true that Copenhagen is more expensive than H on the continent? Is there an airport store? Which terminal? Thanks fellow H-lovers!
Yes, Scandinavia is much more expencive than where they have the Euro.

H is located close to Kongens Nytorv, Magazin du Nord and the Theater. A Hotel close by might be D´Angleterre which is a lovely old-styled Hotel with a great Spa.

They rarely have any CDCs since most of them are spoken for before they hit the boutique floor. You can go to www.fedex.com and check out the conversion rate.

Have fun and good luck:smile:

Yes, Scandinavia is much more expencive than where they have the Euro.

H is located close to Kongens Nytorv, Magazin du Nord and the Theater. A Hotel close by might be D´Angleterre which is a lovely old-styled Hotel with a great Spa.

They rarely have any CDCs since most of them are spoken for before they hit the boutique floor. You can go to www.fedex.com and check out the conversion rate.

Have fun and good luck:smile:

Thank you so much for your help! I remember when I lived in London girls from Norway and Sweden came into town to shop "because it's cheaper." I was hoping things had changed since then. Bummer about CDCs! Hotel suggestion was great - looks lovely but unfortunately booked out! Is there a thread dedicated to this location? I'm kind of surprised I couldn't find a recent one in my search. I'll have to report back once I check out CPH.