Hermes.com drama

lucywife

O.G.
Sep 14, 2006
I was waiting impatiently for new Iris Ukiyoé (Hermessence) to appear either in the store or online and once they started to sell it on their website earlier than in local store, I bought a gift set of four minis, two Rose Ikebanas and two Irises. I have a sample of Iris and I'm loving it.

Long story short, I ordered it online and first of all-Hermes does not provide you with the tracking number, it's their policy. I don't see logic in it, but whatever. I live in the apartment building and our management accepts packages for tennants. That day (Friday), they close the main door at 5PM, my package didn't arrive yet. Since I didn't have the tracking number, I had to call H Customer Service to verify where the package is. Whoever I spoke to, says, the driver is on his way. Well, the Fedex arrived supposedly after 6PM, dropped the package in the lobby from where you have to have a key to enter the building and left.

On Monday I called Hermes again, they told me that package was delivered on Friday and after all the calling and talking promised me to call within 24 hours to tell what's the progress with FedEx. Noone called me.
Also, neither Rose Ikebana nor Iris is available any longer in gift set size and my credit card was charged and payment is processed.

What should I do at this point?

Last edited:
I did, but they won't talk to me because I don't have that damn tracking number. H policy. What is all that dumb secrecy for, I will never understand. Hermes Customer service called FedEx and they found the driver, who said that he left the package in the hall, he could pretty much leave it on the bench on the street, same chance that whoever walks by-will pick it up. Who does that?!! What if there was a passport or something??

I have noticed that Hermes.com does not always require a signature on their packages, which I think is a huge mistake.

I would call them back again. Ask to speak with a supervisor (the people who answer the phones there are only telephone sales people, not SA's like in the stores).

Are you in the US?

If they will not do anything, you can always do a dispute/chargeback on the credit card you used for your order. It is Hermes' responsibility to deliver the item to you, and they would have to prove that the item was indeed delivered to your home and that you accepted it (since they did not require a signature, they cannot prove this). I hope it does not come down to this though, and I hope they get it all straightened out for you!

I had a piece of electronics stolen off my doorstep a few Christmases ago because the store did not require a signature when it was delivered. Fed-Ex just dropped the package off and took off. The store had to replace the item for me since they failed to require a signature upon delivery.

I think it's a big mistake from Hermes not to require the signature upon deliver, they could then ship with a cheaper shipper like USPS and it would be the same! I hope you get this solved asap

Well, I just called again and spoke to another person, had to explain the whole situation again. He said that he will call FedEx to find out their findings. I told him that I and another phone person been trhough it already yesterday. They can talk to FedEx all they want from now on, it doesn't make any difference to me. I have no product and no money. Feels like they slapped me twice in one try.

^^^^
I bet if you called your credit card company and opened a dispute, Hermes would be a bit more helpful.

What if this had been a bag you had ordered off of their website? Would they have just left that without requiring a signature too?

They seriously need to make some better business decisions with their website orders.

Good luck!

^^^^
I bet if you called your credit card company and opened a dispute, Hermes would be a bit more helpful.
Good luck!
I just did. Hermes customer service is far away from just ok, more like the imbecile fest.
Suggested me to seat tight and wait for FedEx to call them and then they will inform me of their decision (I bet no one will call me). Screw that. Never again!

^^^
So sorry this happened to you. The arrogance and ignorance of Hermes can be astounding at times.

I have ordered jewelry pieces from Hermes.com, and those packages were left at my front door without requiring a signature. Thousands of dollars in jewelry, and they can't even bother to ship with signature required!

Ranag Thank you. Since I'm a control freak (lol) it drives me insane!!!

The idiocy of FedEx/UPS delivery personnel is beyong my understanding either. Not to mention the stealing that is going on on day to day bases. The primarely look for packages shipped from Apple/Dell/HP and such.

Ranag Thank you. Since I'm a control freak (lol) it drives me insane!!!

The idiocy of FedEx/UPS delivery personnel is beyong my understanding either. Not to mention the stealing that is going on on day to day bases. The primarely look for packages shipped from Apple/Dell/HP and such.

If no signature is required, Fed-Ex/UPS are supposed to just leave the package at the address. They are not required to keep coming back and trying to redeliver unless a signature is required. It really is the shipper who is the idiot for not requiring a signature.

I actually had a really nice experience with Fed-Ex yesterday. My LV store shipped out something to me, but they put the wrong street name in my address. Fortunately, the Fed-Ex driver knew that no such street exists in my city, and he figured out what it should have actually been and delivered it to me without it having to be sent back for an incorrect address.

A lot of theft does occur at this time of year unfortunately.

Ranag You are right, but there is about two hundred apartments in this house, so just leave the package at the address is not really working, but what's the point of complaining now? I'm disputing the charge.
Anyway, I went to the store and bought the 100ml bottle of Iris Ukiyoé after work.

With important purchases I almost always use my AMEX. I've lost an H scarf (slipped out of the handle of my bag), 2 weeks after buying it. AMEX replaced it for me at no cost. They just called us about thousands of dollars spent in Dubai at Armani and other designer shops. We've never been to Dubai and know nobody there. AMEX took care of it. Again, call your credit card company, they should be able to help you out. Good luck.

Ranag You are right, but there is about two hundred apartments in this house, so just leave the package at the address is not really working, but what's the point of complaining now? I'm disputing the charge.
Anyway, I went to the store and bought the 100ml bottle of Iris Ukiyoé after work.

I'm glad you went and got yourself a new bottle ;)

It doesn't matter if there are two hundred apartments at your address. They have to leave the package at your exact address which means it has to be left at your unique apartment number. Unfortunately, it sounds like someone took it. I hope all is resolved for you quickly.