Hermes clutch or limited LV?

babymama7

Nov 28, 2013
I have been patiently waiting for my first H clutch bag. I actually want to kick myself because I passed on two while I was on vacation! Its hard to come by them in my local store. I recently saw the Louis Vuitton petit malle which looks like an LV trunk- in the size of a clutch bag! adorable. I'm wondering, should I wait for the H clutch to become available- with no timeline as to when it will arrive, or go ahead with the LV order, which will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. They cost almost the same. The LV one is a special bag and definitely unique, while the H clutches ( medor, egge, jige) are available all the time ( if you can get them haha). I know the LV one will be available in different colors for a few more seasons but this color may only be for now...
I can only get one or the other...
Is the H clutch- any of them worth waiting for?
Attaching the LV one for reference

I know which LV one you are talking about because I'm on the waiting list for one myself! They are very different choices. The LV petit malle is a collectible item and very representative of Nicolas Ghesquiere's debut collection, I view it similarly to the Chanel lego clutch. Whereas an H clutch is a very elegant, classic choice. If you want something limited and likely only available now, then go for the LV. And buy an H clutch later on if funds are an issue - they are hard to find but not as hard as B or K, and you can always find one if you look hard enough.

Go for the LV one! I just googled it and it looked so cool! I mean Hermes clutches look classy and elegant but sometimes you need to have something fun to rock! Also since it is guaranteed that you will get the one you like, and for Hermes you never really get a choice. So my vote goes for the LV clutch :smile:

I know which LV one you are talking about because I'm on the waiting list for one myself! They are very different choices. The LV petit malle is a collectible item and very representative of Nicolas Ghesquiere's debut collection, I view it similarly to the Chanel lego clutch. Whereas an H clutch is a very elegant, classic choice. If you want something limited and likely only available now, then go for the LV. And buy an H clutch later on if funds are an issue - they are hard to find but not as hard as B or K, and you can always find one if you look hard enough.
Thank you Macaroon13! That's a good idea actually. Im glad there is someone else who understands its a hard choice! ( my DH thinks I'm nuts)

+1. You can always get an H clutch. May take some time but it's not a limited edition.

I have been patiently waiting for my first H clutch bag. I actually want to kick myself because I passed on two while I was on vacation! Its hard to come by them in my local store. I recently saw the Louis Vuitton petit malle which looks like an LV trunk- in the size of a clutch bag! adorable. I'm wondering, should I wait for the H clutch to become available- with no timeline as to when it will arrive, or go ahead with the LV order, which will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. They cost almost the same. The LV one is a special bag and definitely unique, while the H clutches ( medor, egge, jige) are available all the time ( if you can get them haha). I know the LV one will be available in different colors for a few more seasons but this color may only be for now...
I can only get one or the other...
Is the H clutch- any of them worth waiting for?
Attaching the LV one for reference

The petite malle is gorgeous and I adore mine but it is an extremely small bag interior wise. It hardly fits anything. For me the PM is an LV collectors' must have. I'm not sure which H clutch you are aiming to get but I think most should fit more than the LV PM. If this is going to be your only clutch I would wait for an H one. But if you can afford to have two, the LV PM is definitely a very special piece!