Hermes Clutch or Chanel 2.55 reissue

Lisa-SH

Lisa-SH
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
I am thinking of either getting the Hermes Clutch or Chanel 2.55 re-issue as evening bag for the spring/summer weather, since weather finally gets nice/warmer here (I am in Canada).

In winter time I have been use Chanel Le Boy (Medium size) as the night-out bag. which its bulky shape totally suited the thick outfit such as down coat or fur coat.

Do you think whether a Hermes Clutch or Chanel 2.55 reissue will be suitable for warmer weather night out (even though I knew this is "Hermes" sub-forum :nuts::angel::P)? Thanks.

I am thinking of either getting the Hermes Clutch or Chanel 2.55 re-issue as evening bag for the spring/summer weather, since weather finally gets nice/warmer here (I am in Canada).

In winter time I have been use Chanel Le Boy (Medium size) as the night-out bag. which its bulky shape totally suited the thick outfit such as down coat or fur coat.

Do you think whether a Hermes Clutch or Chanel 2.55 reissue will be suitable for warmer weather night out (even though I knew this is "Hermes" sub-forum :nuts::angel::P)? Thanks.
Both are suitable. I think the question really is ....Do you prefer a shoulder bag to a hand carry clutch?

Both are suitable. I think the question really is ....Do you prefer a shoulder bag to a hand carry clutch?
I love the extreme elegance of Jige Clutch and uniqueness. while I like the beauty of Chanel 2.55 reissue and the convenience of a shoulder bag, personally I feel it is not as elegant as Hermes Clutch. That is why I am stuck, to pick the elegance (H Clutch) or the convenience and a beautiful bag (Chanel reissue)?

Which H clutch exactly do you mean? I love the Medor (my HG clutch), adore the Verrou and like the Constance, but am not a fan of the Jige or Egee for myself. So apart from the handheld vs. strap question it would highly depend on the exact model. I also love the 2.55 (have one in 227 navy metallic) and would only favor the Medor of all H clutches over it.

Why not both :biggrin:. I find both has their own functions & its depends on how I want to match my outfit. Anyways, if you need to choose either, it depends on whether you are comfortable to handheld the clutch or not, since you are comfortable with le boy for night out.

In terms of transition from day to night, I would choose reissue 2.55. That is if its ghw, since rhw is more casual/rock chic way. And you can wear her both in summer-winter months.

H clutches are gorgeous and each design translates to different style to everybody, so you need to ask yourself which is to your liking. If you like jige, go for it. Jige is amazing too! I love the simplicity of it.

Reactions: celine666666

I don't own a H clutch yet but I do have a Chanel 2.55 reissue which I havent use for awhile because the chain is SO heavy to me. So I suggest to get the H clutch (and there's one Black Box Medor GHW on H Canada website right now!!) Good luck deciding!

I personally love jige more as yes not a fan of heavy chain. And a neutral color jige is definitely more spring/summer feel for knee-high dresses IMO because of the smooth leather, if you go for neutral or bright color it can work for winter months as well. One really good thing about jige is that it has no hardware, so its a one bag fits all for people like to match hardwares

I love the jige! I will say that it is a bit more casual, particularly in comparison to something like the reissue. The reissue you can dress up or down. For me a jige, you can wear to a night out, but you won't be able to wear it to a gala/cocktail event, for example.

I think they are completely different bags and I think there's room for both in a bag collection. Since you already have a boy, how about going for the clutch? If you want something more dressy than the jige you can go for a medor or egee.

• Love
Reactions: celine666666
1) There are so many models of Hermès clutches - you seem to be thinking of the Jige?
2) Which size reissue? Which color?

IMO, the 224 (hard to find, think it is discontinued) and 225 are the only evening-size reissues (I have a 226 in black, it's great for casual/semi-nice evenings but not a substitute for a clutch). They are great bags and can be carried during the day, so versatile and a good investment.

I don't like the giant "H" on the Jige but it's also a casual clutch IMO. I like having the shoulder option so even though we're in the H forum I'd go for a reissue 225.

Reactions: antschulina
1) There are so many models of Hermès clutches - you seem to be thinking of the Jige?
2) Which size reissue? Which color?

IMO, the 224 (hard to find, think it is discontinued) and 225 are the only evening-size reissues (I have a 226 in black, it's great for casual/semi-nice evenings but not a substitute for a clutch). They are great bags and can be carried during the day, so versatile and a good investment.

I don't like the giant "H" on the Jige but it's also a casual clutch IMO. I like having the shoulder option so even though we're in the H forum I'd go for a reissue 225.
+1
Chanel wins for me.

I love the extreme elegance of Jige Clutch and uniqueness. while I like the beauty of Chanel 2.55 reissue and the convenience of a shoulder bag, personally I feel it is not as elegant as Hermes Clutch. That is why I am stuck, to pick the elegance (H Clutch) or the convenience and a beautiful bag (Chanel reissue)?
I have the jigee and its more of a casual clutch. I think the 2.55 might be more versatile for you. Or consider another H clutch like medor or kelly cut (clutch). Good Luck!

Reactions: ODEDIHAIMS