hermes clic clac "H bracelet" enamel chip

ESQ.

Dec 26, 2010
just purchased an authentic one on ebay, i thought i was getting a great deal for $315 its like new but when it arrived today i noticed a small chip on the side in the blue enamel.

i called hermes they said it would cost money to repair and takes 6 months to go through paris.

i sent a pic to the seller she didn't specify how much she is willing to refund my purchase price for.

my concern is if i keep it will it further chip? should i just return it to the seller? how much of a refund do you think would be enough for you to keep the bracelet

help =\

ABlovesH

Feb 16, 2011
Take it to an H store and see what they say. Typically the price to repair the bracelet is quite a bit but sometimes the do it free of charge if you are a good customer (they did it free for a friend of mine). If their answer is not satisfactory then return it for a full refund, including all shipping charges. Damage like this should really have been disclosed.

archygirl

Dec 7, 2006
New Jersey
just purchased an authentic one on ebay, i thought i was getting a great deal for $315 its like new but when it arrived today i noticed a small chip on the side in the blue enamel.

i called hermes they said it would cost money to repair and takes 6 months to go through paris.

i sent a pic to the seller she didn't specify how much she is willing to refund my purchase price for.

my concern is if i keep it will it further chip? should i just return it to the seller? how much of a refund do you think would be enough for you to keep the bracelet

help =\
How noticeable is the chip? I just purchased one for $299 from a reputable consigner, but it had a small chip on the side, barely noticeable when wearing it. A new one is $570 or $590. If it bothers you, I would ask to return it. The chip did not bother me. (it is the yellow on the right)

Attachments

Last edited:

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
I agree with the other ladies, I'd return it if the chip bothers you. It would definitely bother me, especially if it was not disclosed by the seller.

Jun 23, 2007
i returned it
Good. That chip would bother you every time you looked at it.
If you bought the bracelet through the boutique (although at a very high price,) you should be able to return it and get a new one if it cannot be repaired. Something happened to my first bangle and it was a flaw. I think the trim came apart from the bracelet. I was given a choice of a repair or a replacement. I took the replacement. It happened within a few months of purchase. I am a great believer in the value of the price of an Hermes item as it includes excellent customer service.