Hermes Clic Clac Bracelet: enamel chipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucha

O.G.
Aug 4, 2012
I recently bought a vintage Hermes Clic Clac Bracelet on eBay and received it yesterday. I wore it today and when I came back home, a big chunk of enamel was gone. It left a white fracture line; under it is a black sheet of either enamel or metal. Is this supposed to happen? Either way, I am very disappointed!

That is so frustrating. I'm sorry that happened to you. Maybe someone in the Hermes forum would know about the enamel painted bracelets and if this ever occurred. I don't mean to be a stalker :P but I looked under ebay sold items and found the bracelet you bought, that seller has oodles of costume chanel items btw, but I don't know the first thing about chanel or H accessories to know what to look for if you are suspecting it may not be authentic.

If I were you, I would post a link to your auction in the authenticate hermes thread in the H forum. That's a good place to start as well as posting this after picture with the crack in it. Good luck!

edited to add: I just looked up the authentication thread in the H forum for accessories and unfortunately they don't authenticate metal bracelets because of all the counterfeits. :sad:

Thank you everyone for your advice. I sent a message to the seller and they said I should ask the Hermes store how to repair it. This might be hard as there is no Hermes store where I live.

I will also take a picture of the inside of the bracelet once I get home.

This is a lesson. If you don't pay full price and from eBay, you might have problems like this. It's not the first time it has happened, although I never had problems returning the merch when it was fake. Now I feel like an idiot. If only there were a Hermes store in my city.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I sent a message to the seller and they said I should ask the Hermes store how to repair it. This might be hard as there is no Hermes store where I live.

I will also take a picture of the inside of the bracelet once I get home.

This is a lesson. If you don't pay full price and from eBay, you might have problems like this. It's not the first time it has happened, although I never had problems returning the merch when it was fake. Now I feel like an idiot. If only there were a Hermes store in my city.

Sorry this happened to you. Have you called Hermes to see if you can send it in for repair since you don't live near one? If it comes back as being a fake I would definitely file a claim with ebay.

Sorry this happened to you. Have you called Hermes to see if you can send it in for repair since you don't live near one? If it comes back as being a fake I would definitely file a claim with ebay.

Yes, I have called the closest Hermes store and left a message. I am now waiting for their reply.

So here are pictures of the inside of the bracelet.

I was told by the Hermes store that I would have to go there in person in order to fill out and sign some forms before sending the bracelet to Paris for possible repair, and that the bracelet will be destroyed if it's counterfeit. As this store is 3 hours away from here and I don't have a car, I will have to think about a way to go there.

Attachments

• photo-16.JPG
    photo-16.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 3,120
  • photo-15.JPG
    photo-15.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 3,053
So here are pictures of the inside of the bracelet.

I was told by the Hermes store that I would have to go there in person in order to fill out and sign some forms before sending the bracelet to Paris for possible repair, and that the bracelet will be destroyed if it's counterfeit. As this store is 3 hours away from here and I don't have a car, I will have to think about a way to go there.

Wow, what a hassle.

Hi TGG, Hermes does make hinged enamel bracelets - I am not sure what you call them. OP sorry to hear about this - I think you should just try to get your money back from the seller. It could take a while if Hermes sends the bracelet to Paris.

It's enamel with this "clic clac" mechanism, which made me even more confused as I'm not familiar with Hermes jewelry. To be honest, I bought the bracelet because I found it was pretty, not because of the brand name.

Status
Not open for further replies.