Hermes China..lets have a tea party.

okay after long thinking....

I have decided to start my tea set....in the Siesta.

I love the red pieces but I think I will get those when I am ready for china.

So yeah. glad I have thought about that.

I think a tea set is a delightful way to start. Here in Calaska where the ground shakes from time to time, I think I'm gonna start with a coffee mug or teacup:smile: That is how brave I am LOL!

Birkin123 thanks for posting your collection!!!

Okay I have a $350 store credit....and I figured I can go in and spend that plus another $150 to get my collection going.

Questions...

-should I get the 2 person or 6 person tea pot? I am tihnking 6...but I am a little hmm.

What should I start with? tea cups? plates? WHAT!

I am going to just do a tea set for the Siesta for now...

tea pot, tea cups/saucers, sugar, creamer, dessert plates and maybe a serving plate....

that should be enough for a little tea party...or eventually get salad plates too.

yeah I need to pace myself. I figured I can either just get the teapot now...or get 2-4 cups now.

and just slowly buy one thing every month or so.

or I can get the plates now.....get 4 dessert plates, etc

I dont know what I want to start with!

having a $350 store credit is NICE and my budget to start is $500 so that pays for everything but $150 of whatever......

VOTE....what pieces should I start with?

Remember $500 is the budget...

$500 for a 6 person teapot
$315 sugar
$235 creamer
$160 per tea cup and saucer
$100 dessert plate
$90 salad plate
$160 dinner plate

should I just but one setting....or start by getting each group.

so many choices! but so exciting!

oh and my mom for my birthday/Christmas present said she would get me some too....so I can leave a nice chunk for her to get...maybe the creamer and sugar.

What would a traditional tea set come with? 4 settings or 6...or 8?

I might need to make more friends if its 8! haha.

Congrats on narrowing down your choice to the Siesta pattern. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of the beautiful H patterns.

In my past experience with H china from the H store... it's not so much what pieces you want, but more about what pieces are available for purchase ie. what they have in stock.

I'm very excited for you!!

I figured maybe I can have her transfer in what I want to start with....so it can be there waiting.

I think I am going to go with Siesta...the original in yellow...and maybe get half the cups in the yellow and the other in the blue.

I think I should either get the teapot.....or get 2-4 teacups.

the teapot is a large chunk so with the store credit it will not seem so bad....

and then just get teacups monthly in sets of 2...

only problem is....if I get a teapot I will not have any cups to drink out of!

I think you will have to pop for the larger pot. Perhaps you could talk your Mom into an early anniversay gift? Start with 2 cups and work your way up unless you can find the $$ for 4. Do you have a pretty glass creamer or sugar bowl? You could use those to start.

that is a good idea gracekelly.

start with stuff I can use now...like the cups, etc

then build for the pot.

I am either going to have my mom get me the creamer and sugar or the pot. maybe she will do all of them.

I could just buy it all right now but I want to slowly build....because that is more exciting...and it helps me develop patience!

ITA with gracekelly. A plain tea pot, coffee pot, and cream/sugar set from somewhere like Pottery Barn if you like to play safe, or from an antique store if you have a good eye for that sort of thing would work with the Hermes porcelain you've chosen.

You would probably be well served to go with cups, saucers, and dessert plates to start. Then you could use them either for tea parties or you could use them in a dessert service. As a dessert and coffee service, they wouldn't have to match any dinner service you have, and you could use them for dinner or dessert parties. It's pretty common to have a completely different dessert service than dinner service.

As for number, it really depends on your level of commitment to the pattern. In the secondary market, service for less than 8 is usually the kiss of death, which isn't a problem, if you want to keep it forever.