**Hermes Chat**

Hi there! Not sure if this is the correct thread for that but... Okay, I am quite new to Hermes and I have my eyes on Jyspiere and Picotin bags. Are they difficult to get ? How should I do to get one ? I really like these styles and I don't want to go second hand and pay more for them ....
Thanks for your help. :smile:
I think both are easier to get on the 2nd hand market; but the Jypsieres are more reasonably priced on the 2nd hand market...I think you can find a large selection for less than H retail.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and Hermes bags, and would like to seek your opinion on whether this is a too-good-to-be-true deal: I'm being offered a pre-loved Kelly 32 by a Japanese reseller shop. Asking price is USD12,000, made in 2019, black, PHW and its condition is excellent. According to the shop, they belong to an association in Japan that ensures authenticity. I'll get it authenticated if I were to buy it, but even before i take the plunge, i would like to ask TPF peeps if the offer is too good for the bag to be genuine. I did raise the question to the shop as to why the price is so competitive and their reply is they're having a month end closing. Thank you!!
Check with @bababebi. She can authenticate prior to purchase using photos.

Does anyone know when H started putting the D-ring on Kellys? I saw a post saying someone with a vintage K could have H install a D-ring and it occurred to me I never even noticed it on my bag. It also makes me wonder if Ks were sold without long straps in the past?

Does anyone know when H started putting the D-ring on Kellys? I saw a post saying someone with a vintage K could have H install a D-ring and it occurred to me I never even noticed it on my bag. It also makes me wonder if Ks were sold without long straps in the past?
According to wiki, in 2000. The vintage ones also had a strap but they hook on to the one d ring, I believe.

• Thanks
Reactions: Harpertoo
I have to say your knowledge of Hermes colours are amazing. Went to check them out. I am kinda leaning towards GA since it’s lighter but not too light (cause I’m concerned about colour transfer ) and looks trendy. For a change compared to the stronger colour tones Hermes bags that I currently have. I was hoping to get a chameleon colour like Etoupe for easier matching but I am also telling myself that Kelly will be awesome even though it doesn’t match and stand out in a nice way. I should pick a colour I like.

Other colours hue that I like would be baby pink , blue (but I told myself no blue bag for first Kelly). If only I can afford a few but since it will only be 1 it makes my decision a lot harder. Thank you for all your tips !!!

Go for Etoupe! I m trying to get one from reseller Kelly 25 Epsom Sellier, Etoupe ghw. Although ideally I m looking for one with tonal stitchings, it will be difficult since it's a special order

Been researching on youtube n this video gave a good detail run down etoupe.

I have a birkin 25 etain but I realized that I m a crossbody person n I need my hands free to do plenty of stuff
My next wishlist would be mini Kelly (20), Chevre Mysore, Blue Hydra n ghw, mini Kelly Chevre Mysore either magnolia or rose pourpre

All the best in your search for the ideal colour

• Love
Reactions: kittyorkelly
Hi there! Not sure if this is the correct thread for that but... Okay, I am quite new to Hermes and I have my eyes on Jyspiere and Picotin bags. Are they difficult to get ? How should I do to get one ? I really like these styles and I don't want to go second hand and pay more for them ....
Thanks for your help. :smile:
I believe if you're near a boutique, you can ask for these bags and it all depends if there's stock available in store. I'm sure that you can collaborate with an SA to help you find one if there aren't any in stock at that time.

Picotin has been a more popular style recently, so that may be a bit more difficult to come by, but I'm sure with some persistence and perseverance, you'll be able to attain what you're looking for.

That said, I would advise looking at preowned options for the Jypsiere especially if you're not looking for the mini size - these typically don't hold their value quite as highly. (Although if you go through the boutique, I'm sure a client looking for a Jypsiere vs. B/K/C would be refreshing to an SA.)

Reactions: PlumeDuRenard
I think that situation might exist somewhere in between. But I'm referring to the reputable resellers that repeat Hermes/luxury buyers would trust with their lives: like Prive Porter and Fashionphile and RealReal and even some private sellers. How on earth are they continuously getting new STORE FRESH B/K/C bags just to FLIP and make $$$$ profit; when you have people like us who, honestly want one for our personal collection, have to wait & wait and are made to jump through hoops?
Not sure how true this is but the birkin slayer on IG posted that Prive Porter has fakes