**Hermes Chat**

Hello! I'm starting my H journey and I'm considering a B35 as my first purchase. I'm going the pre-loved route and have two bags to consider. Which would you recommend?
Bag A: 2020 B35 Noir Evergrain w/GHW
Bag B: 2022 B35 Etoupe Togo w/PHW

Both are in excellent condition. I need help deciding on my first B35.:confused1: Thank you! :flowers:
Go with your gut---which color B35/hardware is most appealing to you..personally I'm Etoupe/PHW extremely neutral, easy peasy to coordinate outfits...also Togo less vulnerable to scratches ..just my thoughts but truly I say whichever bag speaks out to you...I'm sure on here others would love either or maybe The B35 Evergrain, but in the end you need to Love it..wear it ..enjoy it! Best of luck! Let us know ...see pix of which you decide I'm sure both are lovely!

Hello! I'm starting my H journey and I'm considering a B35 as my first purchase. I'm going the pre-loved route and have two bags to consider. Which would you recommend?
Bag A: 2020 B35 Noir Evergrain w/GHW
Bag B: 2022 B35 Etoupe Togo w/PHW

Both are in excellent condition. I need help deciding on my first B35.:confused1: Thank you! :flowers:
I would go with the Etoupe, but I am more of a PHW girl and I think that brown is more versatile than black.

Go with your gut---which color B35/hardware is most appealing to you..personally I'm Etoupe/PHW extremely neutral, easy peasy to coordinate outfits...also Togo less vulnerable to scratches ..just my thoughts but truly I say whichever bag speaks out to you...I'm sure on here others would love either or maybe The B35 Evergrain, but in the end you need to Love it..wear it ..enjoy it! Best of luck! Let us know ...see pix of which you decide I'm sure both are lovely!
I wear mostly dark colors, and I like the black/GHW combo. Plus, I think I might get a better chance w/Etoupe than black if I ever get offered? *wishful thinking* :lol:
I would go with the Etoupe, but I am more of a PHW girl and I think that brown is more versatile than black.
The Etoupe does look lovely and I don't have any bags in this color. Oh-boy....decision decision...:confused1:

Has anyone see. The Harness for Birkin? Anyone asked the SA whether it is sold separately from the Birkin? If yes, anyone knows how much it costs? I am so in love View attachment 5732780
Hey thank for sharing this! I was carrying my newly acquired B25 as a first time consumer of Hermes and boy was I complaining to DH thoughout tthe shopping trip about how tired my arms were and wished I could cross body! This harness look very functional and interesting. Anyone knows if we could pick this up at the store?
TIA

Hey thank for sharing this! I was carrying my newly acquired B25 as a first time consumer of Hermes and boy was I complaining to DH thoughout tthe shopping trip about how tired my arms were and wished I could cross body! This harness look very functional and interesting. Anyone knows if we could pick this up at the store?
TIA
I believe it will hit the stores in couple of months. It was literally on the runway few days ago.

TIA
I just posted in Unpopular Opinions that I don’t like the harness but what’s really interesting to me is that it highlights a (to me) major design shortcoming of the Birkin. It’s perhaps the ultimate tote (and I think you tinker with a classic, iconic design at great peril), but the reality (IMO) is that, of all H bags, this is the one that could benefit most from the functionality of a shoulder carry solution. I wonder if Hermes is grappling with this issue, or just exploring a strong visual for the runway, with the harness?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my 35 but if I filled it to capacity it would be far too heavy to carry comfortably over my arm or by hand for very long. I buy my bags to use and I prefer the hands-free freedom of a shoulder-carry for a busy day on the go. Carrying a heavy tote in my hand seems encumbering. It’s for this reason that I tend to gravitate to my Kellys. The closure is more fiddly but the profile of the bag and shoulder strap option are liberating and practical. And actually the Bolide is best of all - a shoulder strap and a simple zip closure. Perfection! My most used bag by far.

I’ve seen some terrible after-market mods of Birkins (and fakes) to add a shoulder strap, and it always looks awful, but I do understand the desire of women not to feel so weighed down and restricted by their “stuff.”

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and Hermes bags, and would like to seek your opinion on whether this is a too-good-to-be-true deal: I'm being offered a pre-loved Kelly 32 by a Japanese reseller shop. Asking price is USD12,000, made in 2019, black, PHW and its condition is excellent. According to the shop, they belong to an association in Japan that ensures authenticity. I'll get it authenticated if I were to buy it, but even before i take the plunge, i would like to ask TPF peeps if the offer is too good for the bag to be genuine. I did raise the question to the shop as to why the price is so competitive and their reply is they're having a month end closing. Thank you!!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and Hermes bags, and would like to seek your opinion on whether this is a too-good-to-be-true deal: I'm being offered a pre-loved Kelly 32 by a Japanese reseller shop. Asking price is USD12,000, made in 2019, black, PHW and its condition is excellent. According to the shop, they belong to an association in Japan that ensures authenticity. I'll get it authenticated if I were to buy it, but even before i take the plunge, i would like to ask TPF peeps if the offer is too good for the bag to be genuine. I did raise the question to the shop as to why the price is so competitive and their reply is they're having a month end closing. Thank you!!
I think that's a good deal---considering a brand new one costs about that much today, so a 3 year old example for $12k isn't out of the question.

I m thinking of getting a Kelly 25 , Epsom in Etoupe colour sellier style from reseller.

Was looking thru tonnes of YouTube videos. This Etoupe colour mostly come with constrasting white stitchings. I wonder if anyone knows if Etoupe for Kelly 25, sellier style comes in tonal stitchings? I hope to have a somewhat matching stitch colour to the bag instead of the contrastin white stitches against the etoupe colour. Or does this tonal matching come only in the special orders of (mini) Kelly 20 . I saw this mini Kelly at Madison avenue website ? Which means that's where u will see the "U" stamp beside the brand stamp ? TIA everyone !

I m thinking of getting a Kelly 25 , Epsom in Etoupe colour sellier style from reseller.

Was looking thru tonnes of YouTube videos. This Etoupe colour mostly come with constrasting white stitchings. I wonder if anyone knows if Etoupe for Kelly 25, sellier style comes in tonal stitchings? I hope to have a somewhat matching stitch colour to the bag instead of the contrastin white stitches against the etoupe colour. Or does this tonal matching come only in the special orders of (mini) Kelly 20 . I saw this mini Kelly at Madison avenue website ? Which means that's where u will see the "U" stamp beside the brand stamp ? TIA everyone !
Etoupe comes with white stitching unless it’s a special order (horseshoe symbol stamp bag) and the client chose a different thread color. If you like etoupe but want tonal stitching, check out gris tourterelle as, imo, it’s a close color

I really don’t get the decision to release the harness for the Birkin. The bag is a tote. If you want to be hands free, don’t use a tote that day. H makes more than enough bags that come with straps.

The wife has an embarrassment of riches so can grab a Kelly or Geta or Constance or whatever, but none of them have the convenience of a B when she wants a tote. The harness thing looks like it will impede easy access to the bag. Anyhow, I just don’t get it.

I’d get it authenticated before you buy. Pricing for pre-loved K32s can vary a lot and they are often priced lower than smaller Ks in the resale market but it does seem too good to be true for such a new bag if the condition is “excellent”.