**Hermes Chat**

I buy authenticated vintage bags, mainly heritage leather, like smooth barenia, box, vache naturale, all of which is hard to find at the boutique. There are many threads about authentication, and if someone were to search for my past posts, I’ve written about my recommendations. I personally do not buy bags from TRR, Vestiaire, or influencer or facebook sales, or any sales that only accept friends and family or wire (Limited to no buyer protection).

Re prespend, it’s not a game, IMO, its business. Hermes SAs make little to no money by selling merchandise that sells itself, such as QBs. During covid, supply decreased and demand began to ramp up. Your SA has to satisfy a lot of clients, most of whom want the same thing. He has to persuade his SM that you are the best candidate for a particular QB. And, he ia also required to sell a certain amount of non QB items in less popular categories, in order to make his spiraling sales goals,.

@FrenchNewbie, i recommend developing a relationship with one SA and coursing almost all of your spend through that person. Prespend in the US is not set in stone, but depends on the other clients interested in what you want as well as SM whim.

ETA: agree with @Helventara that you need to trust the seller (I prefer to buy from established businesses and whatever authentication process you use. Most on TPF use @bababebi .

Last edited:
And, he ia also required to sell a certain amount of non QB items in less popular categories, in order to make his spiraling sales goals,.

@FrenchNewbie, i recommend developing a relationship with one SA and coursing almost all of your spend through that person. Prespend in the US is not set in stone, but depends on the other clients interested in what you want as well as SM whim.
Do you know what those categories are (and approx. spending disbursement in each) so I can try to somewhat tailor my spending on those items? I would ask my SA, but I don't want him to think I am being desperate or somehow trying to "trick the system".

And as far as the second part of your post: as others can probably attest, it's hard to be patient and only spend with one person. I recently started a new relationship with this current SA, as I asked to be switched from my old SA due to lack of timely response. I felt like I was contacting her more than she was contacting me, and it started to feel like I was begging for her attention (begging to buy something). And while she was nice, the relationship started to feel transactional..like I was just a task or a number. That was not a good feeling. So I hope this new guy does better.

Does anyone know how rare a verso Kelly bag is to come across?

I've read that verso bags don't have to be SO but they are still in production and can be randomly assigned to boutiques. Is this correct? I've seen quite a few preowned verso Kelly bags that don't have the HSS. There's a combination I've seen that I really like but don't know how to get it from my SA...or if it's just a one off production. Thank you

I hope this is okay to post here, but I need to know what color my J is. I can't find the receipt (without spending way too much time looking) and want to buy a shoulder strap for it. I need to know the color name in order to order the strap. Would someone mind telling me? I know it's not etoupe, but not sure if it's gris meyer, etaine or something else. My wallet is the same color, maybe, but in epson. The J is in Clemence leather. Thank you for any help you can give me.

20230115_110939_resized.jpg

Question from an H newbie: how do you browse for items if many items are out of stock in store + website? Wondering how I can get familiar with what the brand has to offer.
Yes, would be nice if there was some type of "encyclopedia" available with Iike, for example, the names and pictures (and maybe size options) off all the bags they currently (and previously) offer.

I hope this is okay to post here, but I need to know what color my J is. I can't find the receipt (without spending way too much time looking) and want to buy a shoulder strap for it. I need to know the color name in order to order the strap. Would someone mind telling me? I know it's not etoupe, but not sure if it's gris meyer, etaine or something else. My wallet is the same color, maybe, but in epson. The J is in Clemence leather. Thank you for any help you can give me.

View attachment 5692775
It looks like Etain to me. But, I’m not 100% sure.

This might be a really dumb question, but can you tie a Robe Legere scarf 90 onto a bag handle? Or is it too big?
IMO it depends on the bag like and how you are tying it. If it was being used as a bow on a a B35 or on HAC maybe. But on a smaller bag as a twilly I think it would be too big. I would not use it on my bag but if you like it and can make it work, then I say why not?

IMO it depends on the bag like and how you are tying it. If it was being used as a bow on a a B35 or on HAC maybe. But on a smaller bag as a twilly I think it would be too big. I would not use it on my bag but if you like it and can make it work, then I say why not?
Gotcha, I might end up wearing it more as an accessory since I really love the design of this print. (Photo)
It's also my first Hermès scarf, so I'm excited! :smile:
Screenshot_20230118_153804_Gallery.jpg

Does anyone know how rare a verso Kelly bag is to come across?

I've read that verso bags don't have to be SO but they are still in production and can be randomly assigned to boutiques. Is this correct? I've seen quite a few preowned verso Kelly bags that don't have the HSS. There's a combination I've seen that I really like but don't know how to get it from my SA...or if it's just a one off production. Thank you
Verso bags aren't random assignments, they are production bags just like normal bags that are made each season. They're limited editions and the color combinations will also be limited (take a look at the verso Mini Kelly for an example). Best way to chase a specific combo IMO is to research it here and if it is current, ask your SA.

Unless it's a specific collection like the old So Flash/Eclat line (not technically verso), versos are just one color exterior, one interior, without special stitching etcetera as is available for SOs.

hi h-lovers ---is fjord leather discontinued..? really love this leather but never see new B made in it..
Yes, amazing leather, long gone sadly!

Hello. Can someone help me with Hermes receipt ( not invoice ) question ?

I want to buy in Europe some secondhand Hermes items, but im lost in Hermes receipts to understand is this authentic or not. I can not find any picture how Hermes receipt should look. All what i understand cos there is different layout in USA and Europe but there is no full picture of europe receipt. Maybe someone can share their own with marked out all sensitive information ? I dont have sample for authentic receipt how it should look.