**Hermes Chat**

We got nothing in our neck of the woods. I sorta kinda wish for a snowfall where I can snuggle up to a nice pot of tea, fireplace, DH and the kitties. While we still have power, we are forced to stay home and relax.

DH and I just booked a weekend in Paris at our favorite hotel. We will be going on an Israel tour afterwards. I'm so excited. I'm in charge of the Paris part of the trip. So I need to figure out food, shopping, museums and other activities. This time it won't be Fashion Week. But I think it's likely the weather will be cold and rainy. Hot Chocolate weather. My jeans are getting tight just thinking about it. Though my sweet tooth is rejoicing.

DH and I just booked a weekend in Paris at our favorite hotel. We will be going on an Israel tour afterwards. I'm so excited. I'm in charge of the Paris part of the trip. So I need to figure out food, shopping, museums and other activities. This time it won't be Fashion Week. But I think it's likely the weather will be cold and rainy. Hot Chocolate weather. My jeans are getting tight just thinking about it. Though my sweet tooth is rejoicing.

Sounds dreamy!

Reactions: etoupebirkin

EB, have you been to the Palais Galliera? I was fortunate to have a private tour at their temporary location while it was being renovated and the clothing they have is just amazing. I would think the permanent museum would be well worth a visit if that interests you.

Reactions: etoupebirkin
EB, have you been to the Palais Galliera? I was fortunate to have a private tour at their temporary location while it was being renovated and the clothing they have is just amazing. I would think the permanent museum would be well worth a visit if that interests you.
I will definitely look into this. I will have one day where I will be on my own while DH meets with his partners. So I figured I’d do some shopping and museums that won’t interest DH.

I will definitely look into this. I will have one day where I will be on my own while DH meets with his partners. So I figured I’d do some shopping and museums that won’t interest DH.

Because we were able to join an academic group for a special tour, and so much of the collection was under wraps, we didn't get to see as much as would be on display at the permanent site. But it was killing me to pass rows of shrouded garments marked Mainbocher or Dior 1950s. Ack! I would love to have seen them! We did see a lot of items from the French Revolutionary period, which was pretty fascinating on its own. (The tour was academics studying the impact of 16th century ecclesiastical dress on 17th century clothing - so it was esoteric but so interesting!)