**Hermes Chat**

@etoupebirkin, Etoupe, I get that you can lift impressive weights and that you could lift a skinny Mindi with one hand, but has your trainer taught you how to grunt and groan and breathe noisily like the guys do when they're weight lifting? Making racket like you're suffering (but still succeeding) is an integral part of the schtick of weight lifting -- I learned that when I used to attend the gym at work. The point the guys were getting at is that it doesn't count if it looks easy. And do you have someone spotting you? Also, please get a shirt that says something appropriate but slightly intimidating, like #1.

Ladies,
Thank you so much for your support and advice. It really means so much to me. CSS, WOW!!!! I am so glad you were not hurt. But that had to be terrifying.
For most of my professional life, I've kept my head down and done my work. I do NOT like to gossip. To me it's a complete waste of time. I'm always the last person who hears about things.

Eagle, you are so right about narcissists. I think X is one. Flattery doesn't work. It just makes her feel right and justified in her views.

I think things will come to a head in September. I am absolutely OK if I am laid off. It just means another door will open up for me. I'm open to many possibilities.

The weight lifting has been great for my stress and mood. I'm now squatting with 112lbs, deadlifting 175, doing chin ups and walking for 150 yards with two 70lb kettlebells. And my arms look good!!!
Though I told my trainer don't tell me what I'm lifting until I've already done it.

I have a really busy weekend. It will be good for me.

ETA: CSS, X is the person I am technically supposed to report to. I work in a small company with no real HR. If I raise my situation to the owners of the company, it will probably make the situation worse.

WOWZA, EB. I feel like I remember when you were deadlifting 90 or 100. I'm stuck at 70.

PM (or LI, or email) me if you need to vent about work, dear goodness I sympathize :hugs:

Reactions: etoupebirkin
@etoupebirkin, Etoupe, I get that you can lift impressive weights and that you could lift a skinny Mindi with one hand, but has your trainer taught you how to grunt and groan and breathe noisily like the guys do when they're weight lifting? Making racket like you're suffering (but still succeeding) is an integral part of the schtick of weight lifting -- I learned that when I used to attend the gym at work. The point the guys were getting at is that it doesn't count if it looks easy. And do you have someone spotting you? Also, please get a shirt that says something appropriate but slightly intimidating, like #1.

I suppose I might grunt. But I'm too busy thinking of other form-related stuff. Perhaps, that'll be for more advanced lifters.

Yes, I am always spotted.

Here's my favorite lifting shirt (I pulled it out of the laundry basket). I think it's quite apropos. And, drumroll, I got my latest leather accessory!!!

IMG_2571.jpgIMG_0052.jpg

I suppose I might grunt. But I'm too busy thinking of other form-related stuff. Perhaps, that'll be for more advanced lifters.

Yes, I am always spotted.

Here's my favorite lifting shirt (I pulled it out of the laundry basket). I think it's quite apropos. And, drumroll, I got my latest leather accessory!!!

View attachment 3774597View attachment 3774598
Great shirt! Spot on! What is the belt meant for?

Reactions: prepster
Hermes newbie here!
I'm looking to purchase a Kelly 35cm in Chamonix. What do you all think of the 35cm? Is it too big? I can't seem to find a modeling picture of the 35cm and I am having trouble deciding.
Also, does anyone know if you can purchase the strap that comes with the Kelly separately? The reseller doesn't seem to have the strap and I would like to purchase one...

Reactions: prepster
There are lots of size discussions (and comparison photos) on tPF, so I suggest you search for those. Check the Hermes Reference threads. Also, 35cm is a pretty common size, so if you have an Hermes boutique near you, you might want to try something in that size in person to see what you think. Kelly straps must be ordered and can take years to be made, especially in unusual leathers/colors (like, I fear, Chamonix), so if not having a matching Hermes strap for the bag is a problem for you, I would advise you to think twice about the purchase. HTH!

Hermes newbie here!
I'm looking to purchase a Kelly 35cm in Chamonix. What do you all think of the 35cm? Is it too big? I can't seem to find a modeling picture of the 35cm and I am having trouble deciding.
Also, does anyone know if you can purchase the strap that comes with the Kelly separately? The reseller doesn't seem to have the strap and I would like to purchase one...

Chamonix is gorgeous! Also check out the Kelly thread in the Clubhouse. That's a great source of information and knowledge!

Reactions: riri23 and lulilu
Miss Mabel is doing well, thank you, css! I've been trying to follow my self-imposed ban on excessive puppy potty talk on the Forum. . . but since you ASKED :P, I think she's getting the hang of it. She has been completely dry in her crate lately. She will go in her "playpen," where we keep a potty pad, so that's okay (and might even be useful given that she's a little dog and we do get some seriously inclement weather at times). We'll see what happens when the playpen is phased out. And at the moment our backyard is under construction, so we're using the front yard for doggy toilette and have set up a second small enclosure there, wherein she now seems to understand she is expected to perform before she is sprung from the 'pen. She has also begun to approach the door when she needs to go out. Not that she always gives me enough time to GET her out, but she seems to have the right idea. Now, the upstairs is still the Wild West as far as she's concerned, so there is a frontier left to conquer.
In appearance she is increasingly terrier-y, which is a hoot. SO much hilariously random facial fuzz. A short, sturdy, cocky little figure. And she weights 5 1/2 pounds at 15 weeks--Mabel the MOOSE! Gosh, she's cute, if I do say so myself.

I have been so busy wrangling I haven't been photographing, CG! I will try to capture her in all her glory tomorrow. She is rarely still long enough to photograph properly--thus all the "Mabel asleep" pix. I really want to get her just. . . standing. Her square "log with legs" look is :lol: :love:.

Reactions: lulilu