**Hermes Chat**

One more stupid accident story so you all don't feel alone. As we age the ability of our eyes to quickly adjust from bright light to darkness wanes. I do KNOW this, but it was 2 AM and I was exiting the Master Bath to return to bed, and assuming I knew the short route after 3 years, turned off the light, plunged into the dark and head on into one of the closets door. The nose was miraculously unharmed, but I jammed my left foot under the bottom of the door, peeling back the middle 3 toenails in the process. Hurt like &#¥€, bled and throbbed the rest of the night. And adding insult to injury, no pedicures for awhile and wearing summer sandals right now is not an attractive option. Looking at my feet is a constant reminder of stupid haste!
Do not feel alone. Something like this happened to me not that long ago. My eyes did not adjust and I was entering the master BR and ended up in the sitting room that is part of the suite! My DH was already in bed and I had to wake him up to rescue me! lol! I was so totally discombobulated!

EB, that is one heck of a story! You and I need to stay away from ladders and buckets and racehorses!

Reactions: etoupebirkin
Sorry about your head @lulilu !
My family and I are big fans of dinners out on holidays and even catered meals at home. No one ever feels like cleaning up so I say go for it, it's way more fun and relaxing for the host in my opinion.

I am home with the drywall contractor finally patching up all the holes from the bedroom/bath renovation. In a few weeks the final trim work should be done and we're ready for painting and the final finish on the hardwood floors. DH is making me wait till apres Tax Day to purchase our bed but we agreed on a bed from Hypnos, well I decided. We have tried every mattress known to man, we are best pals with mattress salespeople all over our region. I knew DH was like this when I married him but I'm more of a 'I like it, we can afford it, let's buy it' person. He's a let's ponder this monumental decision until our current bed sinks to the floor, read every review online, grill the salespeople on the origin of all the materials inside the mattress, go home and research some more, try to find a better price and then ask me to tell him why I like A vs B more many times to see if I change my answers. To which my response is always, I don't know, I just like it :shocked:
To destress from slow times at work, the house being under construction for 7 months now and The Great Mattress Decision of 2017, I have become hooked on spin classes. I just signed up for a challenge to complete 20 classes in a month. After 3 weeks of classes, I can finally sit normally again and I find myself looking forward to the two classes a week I'm doing while still working out at home the other days. I was feeling all proud of myself and went to hop on the scale for the first time in a while today and it's dead. New batteries didn't help, I'm guessing the cats knocked it around too much while I was giving it the silent treatment. I don't like to weigh much but didn't realize it had been so long the thing had died. New one arrives tomorrow but my clothes are fitting differently and that's what matters most to my rational self. The vain part of me would like to see a new low number as well.

Our weather is great and I do have a fun project coming up and some work celebrations in the next month or so to look forward to. I'm going to spend Sunday at a spin class and trying to avoid Easter candy!

I have not had any chocolate Easter eggs or a chocolate bunny for the past several years. Or Peeps. I feel your pain, Mrs. O. I reported that I lost 5 lb (or 10, depending on what my start date was) here and it is time to gear up and try to lose another 5. So, no Easter candy, evidently. But anyone who could go thru a spinning marathon can turn down Peter Rabbit, that's for sure.

I think we need to have another stupid accident story here. This is mine...14 years ago I went out in a driving rainstorm to see why my bedroom carpet was getting wet. I am up on the ladder checking the top of a downspout and the first time I go up I can't find a problem. I decide to go up one more rung on the ladder so I can look down into the opening and that is when I and the ladder go over. My boot caught in the rung and I twisted my leg. The end of this stupid story is that I had a spiral fracture of my fibular It could have been much worse and I wore a boot for 6 weeks until it healed.
What a story!
I can tell that my balance is gradually getting cock-eyed. I suppose I should try to improve balance by standing on one foot while waiting for elevators but I forget to. Anyhow, my legs are reasonably strong due to the kind of exercise I do but I think the balance thing-y around my ear is starting to need recalibration. My legs go one way, my ears go another.

One more stupid accident story so you all don't feel alone. As we age the ability of our eyes to quickly adjust from bright light to darkness wanes. I do KNOW this, but it was 2 AM and I was exiting the Master Bath to return to bed, and assuming I knew the short route after 3 years, turned off the light, plunged into the dark and head on into one of the closets door. The nose was miraculously unharmed, but I jammed my left foot under the bottom of the door, peeling back the middle 3 toenails in the process. Hurt like &#¥€, bled and throbbed the rest of the night. And adding insult to injury, no pedicures for awhile and wearing summer sandals right now is not an attractive option. Looking at my feet is a constant reminder of stupid haste!
Nobody wears neon Crocs anymore?

Reactions: csshopper
Please be careful, peeps! No more injuries! :smile:

We are also doing dinner out for Easter. So much easier!!

The snow has melted and whenever it stops raining, everything should green up nicely!

Thanks for sharing your mishaps everyone! This is only the most recent incident of mine and at least it involved no broken bones. In the years I commuted to NYC, I broke my elbow and knee, and suffered a serious hand injury. These followed a badly broken ankle (slipped crossing the park on my way to the gym) and surgery after it hadn't healed in a year that effectively ended my running career. The ankle is weak and has had several sprains as a result. My kids are always grabbing my elbow and warning "don't fall Mom." If I was young, I would't' feel so self-conscious. Makes me feel old.

I've got one...I'm staying at a friend's lake-side cottage and decided that I needed to sleep in a tent on the front lawn. Multiple bunkies and cabins are available, but oh no....night one passes with torrential downpours, lightening and thunder. On day two I vacillate all day about sleeping indoors or in the tent. Around 10 pm, I decide - I'm going out there, with my sleeping bag, flashlight, water bottle, phone and pillow. In my flipflops, on wet grass on a steep slope. I twisted my ankle and fell right down onto my foot - after calling out for my friend I ended up scooting up onto her deck on my butt, and had her drive me to the nearest hospital,0 two hours away, in the middle of the night - two broken bones and a severely dislocated ankle = 8 weeks in a non-weight bearing cast and crutches, and hobbling around at work.

It took me three years to be able to wear heels again.

Lesson: listen to your gut. Which is why, when I was freaking out about zip lining through the Costa Rican jungle, even though I really wanted to do it, I did a hike instead.

Reactions: eagle1002us
I hope everyone is having a good holiday week.

We are having beautiful weather and the trees and shrubs are blooming or budding. So nice to go out without a coat or jacket.

I have had an off week -- I cracked my head on an open cabinet in the kitchen when I was putting away groceries this past weekend. My own stupid fault. Ended up with staples in my head, which are still there (one more day). Not the best experience. I am lucky that DD1 lives only a mile away and could take me to the ER on a Saturday evening while DD2 was out with friends. They both stepped in and made Sunday dinner, which is our weekly together time.

Anyone have weekend plans? I am pushing dinner at a local restaurant for Sunday dinner, which has been met by chagrin and grumbling acceptance. I am just not in the mood to make a big holiday meal. (and this was before the head bump)
So sorry to hear about your head. Wow, sounds like a doozy of a blow. Heal quickly.

I've got one...I'm staying at a friend's lake-side cottage and decided that I needed to sleep in a tent on the front lawn. Multiple bunkies and cabins are available, but oh no....night one passes with torrential downpours, lightening and thunder. On day two I vacillate all day about sleeping indoors or in the tent. Around 10 pm, I decide - I'm going out there, with my sleeping bag, flashlight, water bottle, phone and pillow. In my flipflops, on wet grass on a steep slope. I twisted my ankle and fell right down onto my foot - after calling out for my friend I ended up scooting up onto her deck on my butt, and had her drive me to the nearest hospital,0 two hours away, in the middle of the night - two broken bones and a severely dislocated ankle = 8 weeks in a non-weight bearing cast and crutches, and hobbling around at work.

It took me three years to be able to wear heels again.

Lesson: listen to your gut. Which is why, when I was freaking out about zip lining through the Costa Rican jungle, even though I really wanted to do it, I did a hike instead.
Wow. what an adventurous life. Sometimes the most exciting thing I do all day is pickup the day's mail. Ankles are tricky. I know someone who injured hers and she put on quite a bit of weight that she never lost.

Well, I went to get the staples out and was sent home until Wednesday. This is getting annoying.

Yesterday my sister let me know she and her family will be visiting over the weekend. It will be nice to see them, but adds to the number for dinner.

Phooey, lulilu! But I suppose better to be sure the wound has healed adequately before removing the staples. That's very last-minute news from your sister--Can the restaurant accommodate the newcomers? At least that should be more doable than if you were trying to cook and serve the meal at home. Maybe you should send everyone out on an Easter egg hunt and sit back and sip some scotch. And since you haven't actually hidden any Easter eggs, they will be gone for some time. :biggrin: