**Hermes Chat**

Thank you, I'm glad my comments were useful.
H is a very important store to most of us here so some degree of trying to do the right thing is par for the course. It's not always obvious what is the right thing. To give an example, you're offered a bag that you're not crazy about but maybe you could use. How do you respond to the SA ?
I think you have to really like a bag to accept and purchase it. I would respond that I’m really looking for xxx and since it’s not my dream bag Id rather it go to someone who would love it more. Tricky situation for sure but I wouldn’t take a bag I didn’t love.

The year my daughter was offered an orange Birkin, her first B, never having requested one, she gifted her SA with a dozen long stemmed orange Gerbera Daisies she had special ordered from her florist. They were a huge hit and were prominently displayed.
How thoughtful and what an innovative gift that everyone could look at!

Hello,
I just wanted to ask Hermes aficionados for advice!

I got offered a K25 PHW chevre rose lipstick and a B30 Bleu Nuit GHW today.
I was looking for a K25 but I'm not sure about the color, I'm not a pink girl really.
And B30 Bleu Nuit is one of my dream bags but in PHW.

I know the K25 is very coveted right now so I was not sure to get it.

It is going to be my first quota bag so I wanted to know if there is anyone who purchased something that wasn't their exact choices and how much they ended up liking them.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I was looking for a K25 but I'm not sure about the color, I'm not a pink girl really.

It is going to be my first quota bag so I wanted to know if there is anyone who purchased something that wasn't their exact choices and how much they ended up liking them.

Thanks in advance!
I did! My first bag I was offered was totally not in my mind at all. But I accepted it because I did like it and loved the size. It was also PHW and the right leather and I was looking for a bright or neutral color with gold hw. So glad I accepted it because now it is my fav color! I get so many compliments on it and it opened the door to more bags. Funny how when we get something we didn’t have in mind and we grow to love it. I think both offers are fab and it’s the end of the year so if you have the ability to take this and also keep trying for your holy grail bag I’d take one or both offers since both are very awesome colors. I’m also not a pink girl but I love Hermès bags in pink. If they’re a 9/10 on your bag scale I say take them because it can take a while to get your perfect 10 bag. But that’s just how I feel about it. Others may say no keep holding out for your dream bag. I just like picking up surprises on my path to my dream bags.

I did! My first bag I was offered was totally not in my mind at all. But I accepted it because I did like it and loved the size. It was also PHW and the right leather and I was looking for a bright or neutral color with gold hw. So glad I accepted it because now it is my fav color! I get so many compliments on it and it opened the door to more bags. Funny how when we get something we didn’t have in mind and we grow to love it. I think both offers are fab and it’s the end of the year so if you have the ability to take this and also keep trying for your holy grail bag I’d take one or both offers since both are very awesome colors. I’m also not a pink girl but I love Hermès bags in pink. If they’re a 9/10 on your bag scale I say take them because it can take a while to get your perfect 10 bag. But that’s just how I feel about it. Others may say no keep holding out for your dream bag. I just like picking up surprises on my path to my dream bags.
I think your last line is a good way to approach creating a bag collection.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but I have a kelly bracelet in white gold being held by my SA. I asked her about it about a couple of weeks ago and she had it moved from another store. I am having second thoughts about it because I also want the cartier rainbow love bracelet. I know I'm in an hermes chat forum, but having been in the forum for so long, I know people provide honest opinions. I'll get both eventually in the long run, but for christmas I can only get one. Which one would you guys get? Thank you!:heart:

Hello,

Thanks in advance!
If it was me , l’d buy the k25 , i don’t love b30 , and bleu nuit is an amazing color specially with ghw but i don’t want to own a dark bag any more , i feel like my collection need more color . I might favor the k25 because of its color , rose lipstick is one of the most loved pink after sakura . And i remember when it was no more produced and people would pay 2.5 times the boutique price for a used one!

No one can answer this question except you , but most ladies find a b30 in a dark or neutral color is a good first choice. The size is not too big, not too small , always looks smaller in darker colors .

If you can ask to see both and decide on the spot , don’t think so much , live in the moment and live with your choices . There is no IT bag , that has everything , and this is your first bag and a first of many hopefully , Buy what you fall in love with .

I've been browsing Hermes forum for a while now - as a silent reader. Because first of all, there is so MUCH information, it's quite overwhelming. You guys have incredible knowledge. I'm right at the beginning of my Hermes journey - as in right now, I don't have anything from the fashion house. But that should hopefully change next week. :smile: Like most people, I got to a certain stage in my bag collection and now, of course, want to move onto the "big guns" (never thought I wouldn't include Chanel in there - but you know what I mean). But I like to do some homework up front, though now having found various threads on here, I feel like I'm literally just dipping my toe into a vast pool of Hermes knowledge. Looking forward to learning more, and being an active participant here.

Last edited:
I've been browsing Hermes forum for a while now - as a silent reader. Because first of all, there is so MUCH information, it's quite overwhelming. You guys have incredible knowledge. I'm right at the beginning of my Hermes journey - as in right now, I don't have anything from the fashion house. But that should hopefully change next week. :smile: Like most people, I got to a certain stage in my bag collection and now, of course, want to move onto the "big guns" (never thought I wouldn't include Chanel in there - but you know what I mean). But I like to do some homework up front, though now having found various threads on here, I feel like I'm literally just dipping my toe into a vast pool of Hermes knowledge. Looking forward to learning more, and being an active participant here.

welcome ! I don’t know what to say :biggrin: to congratulate you or to be scared for you :amuse: after your first bag :nuts: it is a slippery slope :shocked::shocked::shocked: . Then you are stuck :noworry: can only think “ i must have this !! this is my dream bag , buy it , swear this is your last one , see another hermes bag and say “ ooooohhhh this is my dream bag !!!!!” . DH in the far end of the room “ you said that 3 bags ago ! every bag is your dream bag :huh:

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but I have a kelly bracelet in white gold being held by my SA. I asked her about it about a couple of weeks ago and she had it moved from another store. I am having second thoughts about it because I also want the cartier rainbow love bracelet. I know I'm in an hermes chat forum, but having been in the forum for so long, I know people provide honest opinions. I'll get both eventually in the long run, but for christmas I can only get one. Which one would you guys get? Thank you!:heart:
I don't wear my kelly bracelet because of the sticky outy turnlock. I find it annoying when it catches on my clothes.

I should probably sell it. I wear my clic clacs all the time and they're 1/10 the price, and wear a very old love bracelet every day.

Me too! I just started my journey too. I started with a scarves. That was my gateway drug. I just bought a 2002 bag and a bag charm with my SA, waiting for them to ship to the store! I know it's not a B/K/C, but I like the sleekness and I feel that I'll get a lot of use out of it. Keep me posted on your journey! Do you live close to an H store?

I am starting with a scarf too :smile: I think scarf and perfume are probably the easiest things to tip your toes with. Or SLGS. Yes, I've a few boutiques close to me so that's quite good. Though I've only been in there twice, and both times found them cold but polite. But that was when I was just casually exploring. Now I am getting into Hermes, so just have to break that ice and pick my best local store!